MEElectronics Thread!!!
Dec 3, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #46 of 386
I recently got SP51 which I ordered from the official site ( with 55% coupon discount $27 + $4 shipping costs to my country = $31 total). These are my first IEMs. I'm very glad that customer service allowed me to order from their site because my country wasn't on their shipping list. Amazon doesn't ship to my country either. 

I bought SP51 because it was the best deal among all MEE earphones at the moment. I think that the build quality is decent. Sound has a lot of bass. I liked the metallic port more ( out of the box they came with the black port on them). The black one is too boomy and strains my ears while the silver one is a bit lacking in bass. The mids and highs are just OK which makes you want to try something clearer or more balanced.

These are definitely better sounding than my cheap earbuds. I enjoy my music much more. 

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #47 of 386

Quote:
The CC51 cord is crap? That's surprising, I thought meelec was known for their excellent cords :frowning2:

Anyway, I own the M9, M9P (sometimes use for my phone or in situations where I don't want to risk damage), M6 (my sister killed them, but they used to be my favourite pair!), and A151 (what I'm currently using!). Wanted to get the CC51 over black friday weekend but missed the deal! Oh well. Still <3 meelec haha.

I wouldn't say that the CC51 cord is crap, not at all. But, compared with other Meelec models, in my opinion is clearly sub-par. Easy to damage if removing the shirt clip and slightly more microphonic at times than the usual "silvery" Meelec cable (which is, by far, the best cable I've seen in a phone that I've owned).

And the sound... it's just incredible. Difficult to decide between the A151 and the CC51, but still the CC51 is a bit more my favourite. It's a great headphone.

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #48 of 386

Quote:
Count me in fellas! Just received my CC51P's a few days back, and now my A151's today. The CC51P cost me a mere $29.99 via Amazon lightning deal, and the A151 cost me $22 shipped, via Head-Fi for sale forum. They're both exceptionally good bang for buck in-ears, in every regard. Enjoying some psytrance on the A151 as I type this. 
biggrin.gif

How soon would it be up for sale
biggrin.gif

Ordered A151 on Cyber Monday deal. Awaiting the delivery.

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #50 of 386

Quote:
I recently got SP51 which I ordered from the official site ( with 55% coupon discount $27 + $4 shipping costs to my country = $31 total). These are my first IEMs. I'm very glad that customer service allowed me to order from their site because my country wasn't on their shipping list. Amazon doesn't ship to my country either. 

I bought SP51 because it was the best deal among all MEE earphones at the moment. I think that the build quality is decent. Sound has a lot of bass. I liked the metallic port more ( out of the box they came with the black port on them). The black one is too boomy and strains my ears while the silver one is a bit lacking in bass. The mids and highs are just OK which makes you want to try something clearer or more balanced.

These are definitely better sounding than my cheap earbuds. I enjoy my music much more. 

Great to hear mutabor.  I also enjoy the metallic plate.  I love the black plate too because I'm a basshead...lol...Cheers!!! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I wouldn't say that the CC51 cord is crap, not at all. But, compared with other Meelec models, in my opinion is clearly sub-par. Easy to damage if removing the shirt clip and slightly more microphonic at times than the usual "silvery" Meelec cable (which is, by far, the best cable I've seen in a phone that I've owned).

And the sound... it's just incredible. Difficult to decide between the A151 and the CC51, but still the CC51 is a bit more my favourite. It's a great headphone.

The CC51s are smooth like butter D....Love 'em....

Quote:
How soon would it be up for sale
biggrin.gif

Ordered A151 on Cyber Monday deal. Awaiting the delivery.

Would love to hear your take on the A151s psygeist, compared to all your Xears.  Remember, A151s are BA, bass is not their strong suit.  But fun nevertheless..

Dec 4, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #51 of 386

Quote:
tongue.gif
I believe this one is a keeper.
biggrin.gif

A brief comparison vis a vis CC51 and A151 please. Assuming you would be parting your ways with one of these then which one would it be ?

Quote:

Would love to hear your take on the A151s psygeist, compared to all your Xears.  Remember, A151s are BA, bass is not their strong suit.  But fun nevertheless..

I am not a basshead for sure :) Will post a brief comparison soon.

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #52 of 386

Quote:

A brief comparison vis a vis CC51 and A151 please. Assuming you would be parting your ways with one of these then which one would it be ?

I am not a basshead for sure :) Will post a brief comparison soon.

Between the CC51? This will be interesting since I have the CC51's. Looking forward to the updates.

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #54 of 386
Quote:

I'm sorry, my friend, but I sold my CC51 to a relative just a few days after I received them. With as many top-tiers as I currently own, it was only right since he was rather down he missed the Amazon CC51P deal. However, since he's covered both, why not read over |joker|'s review thread? If I had to choose between the two, I'd most probably stick with the A151, since I found the CC51 slightly veiled (without EQ, that is), and not as clear/detailed as the A151.

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #55 of 386
Okay, time to relive past times. I'll email MEElectronics and see if they'd be interested in a comparison article, since I reviewed the CC51's over 6 months ago...

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #56 of 386
OK had a bit of time listening to CC51....I had no to low expectation of this.

Treble - very nice, extend well, bright and sparkly, though not very detailed and separation is average, might be too harsh for some people but I love it!! - a quick test with my fave treble tune of all time, Bills Bills, Bills by Destiny Child, reminds me of B2 treble, but nowhere as refined

Mid - WOW, talking about recessed, very very recessed, and vocal sounds like it is coming from well down below

Bass - tight and quick, and quite punchy, does not go very deep but I expected that

Comfort - VERY, VERY comfortable, almost as comfortable as my most comfy IEM, Feels Pro900

Seal - The biggest tips is a tad too small and loose for my canal, will hunt around for other tips that can give me better seal, perhaps SQ will improve.

Overall, very happy with the purchase, I think this was a steal at $25 from Overstock's cyber Monday deal, does this worth the MSRP of $90? maybe not...

Will do some mechanical burn in and brain burn in, and see if the SQ improves after about 100 hours or so...

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #57 of 386
I got the CC51 to be an occasional stand-in for my Sennheiser HD25s and after a couple of weeks (today, that is) I've decided to put the Senns up for sale. So yeah, count me in as a MEElec fan. I love the sound of these puppies, with a bit of midrange boost, of course. I just love the look, so sleek and minimal, not like other IEMs I'd be ashamed to put near my head.

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #58 of 386

Quote:
OK had a bit of time listening to CC51....I had no to low expectation of this.

Treble - very nice, extend well, bright and sparkly, though not very detailed and separation is average, might be too harsh for some people but I love it!! - a quick test with my fave treble tune of all time, Bills Bills, Bills by Destiny Child, reminds me of B2 treble, but nowhere as refined

Mid - WOW, talking about recessed, very very recessed, and vocal sounds like it is coming from well down below

Bass - tight and quick, and quite punchy, does not go very deep but I expected that

Comfort - VERY, VERY comfortable, almost as comfortable as my most comfy IEM, Feels Pro900

Seal - The biggest tips is a tad too small and loose for my canal, will hunt around for other tips that can give me better seal, perhaps SQ will improve.

Overall, very happy with the purchase, I think this was a steal at $25 from Overstock's cyber Monday deal, does this worth the MSRP of $90? maybe not...

Will do some mechanical burn in and brain burn in, and see if the SQ improves after about 100 hours or so...

haha, in my experience, the mids become even more recessed after burning them in, you'll be finding yourself cranking your music up to levels you have never taken them before because you're just trying to comprehend to what is going on in the song.

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #59 of 386

Quote:
haha, in my experience, the mids become even more recessed after burning them in, you'll be finding yourself cranking your music up to levels you have never taken them before because you're just trying to comprehend to what is going on in the song.

I noticed in your signature you said CC51 has bloated bass? I didn't feel any bloat at all, to me it's the right balance to the whole FR...

Had a quick test last night with the PA2V2 amp, improved greatly, and much much more balanced with a bigger 'oomph' to it, though it doesn't work that well with my Fiio E11

PS - I agree with you on the silver bullet (your sig), this little beast ROCK!! and worth much, much more than $60

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #60 of 386

Quote:
I noticed in your signature you said CC51 has bloated bass? I didn't feel any bloat at all, to me it's the right balance to the whole FR...

Had a quick test last night with the PA2V2 amp, improved greatly, and much much more balanced with a bigger 'oomph' to it, though it doesn't work that well with my Fiio E11

PS - I agree with you on the silver bullet (your sig), this little beast ROCK!! and worth much, much more than $60

yea i love the silver bullets, except they broke in 5 mo's :frowning2: but iono i guess the CC51's bass is fairly great for a dynamic driver, it just can't ever compare to a BA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back