MEElectronics Thread!!!
Nov 9, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #17 of 386
Id like to see MEE make a high end IEM

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #19 of 386

Quote:
Id like to see MEE make a high end IEM

I would like to see this too...  Maybe even a multidriver IEM. 

Quote:
The cc51 is really excellent. My friend's a151 is no slouch either.

True, but they both have their weaknesses...  CC51 works really well with the FIIO E1 though :)  Really brings out the lacking mids :)

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #20 of 386
M6P  super comfortable, solid with great sound. I don't really find them bassy and the mids can be a bit lean at times but with equalizer, no problem whatsoever. I will try more mee products down the line. 

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #21 of 386
How durable are the CC51s?  I'm trying to decide between them adn the a151.  Isolation is important as I'm trying to drown people out, lol.  And I plan to listen to classical.  Though I also listen to hardcore and acoustic rock.  But really, I'm just concerned about the durability/build quality of the CC51s.  I had them purchases from amazon for 51, but then decided to cancel the order because I was scared that they'd break easily, lol.  My other choice would be the Monster Turbines.  I was looking at the Creative Aurvana 2s but they just jumped back up in price.

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #22 of 386

I haven't had an issue with the durability of the CC51, although I read here that some have.  I would go for the A151 for classical and acoustic rock, the creative aurvana2's were too mid-centric for my tastes. 
Quote:
How durable are the CC51s?  I'm trying to decide between them adn the a151.  Isolation is important as I'm trying to drown people out, lol.  And I plan to listen to classical.  Though I also listen to hardcore and acoustic rock.  But really, I'm just concerned about the durability/build quality of the CC51s.  I had them purchases from amazon for 51, but then decided to cancel the order because I was scared that they'd break easily, lol.  My other choice would be the Monster Turbines.  I was looking at the Creative Aurvana 2s but they just jumped back up in price.

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #23 of 386

Quote:

The CC51s are pretty durable...  But the cable gets critisized a lot for being weak.  The A151s would be a better solution for classical though. 

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #24 of 386
But the CC51 are so pretty, lol.  I guess I"ll be picking up the A151 then.  Thankfully they have a longer cord.  My Brainwavz Betas are too short when worn above the ear which kinda limits them for me.

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #26 of 386
Well, with all the Black Friday Deals, I am sure you guys pulled the trigger on some MEEs....Join the club!!!   My CC51s should be here in a few days...
beerchug.gif

I am a fan, I think-----  A151s, M9, M9P, M6, M6P, SP-51, CC-51 (on the way)...Good times...
biggrin.gif

Cheers!!!

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #27 of 386
I am afraid to ever buy another IEM - the A151 was a home run in every regards I think I'm set with IEM's.

IF I were to every buy another IEM it would have to have:
  1. ZERO microphonics,
  2. the best cable,
  3. be a sealed BA,
  4. Have a sound signature that sounds like its worth at least $250-300
  5. well-made components, no flakey chrome

I'd like to have:
  1. replaceble cables 

Honestly at $50 I can't imagine much sounding better.  I'm biased though, because I am a complete MEE fanboy.

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #28 of 386

Quote:
Well, with all the Black Friday Deals, I am sure you guys pulled the trigger on some MEEs....Join the club!!!   My CC51s should be here in a few days...
beerchug.gif

Haha yeah same here, I bought CC51 and waiting for it to come, this will be my second MEE (I had M6 for a bit then gave it away to my mate) -- can't wait to try...

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #29 of 386

Quote:
I am afraid to ever buy another IEM - the A151 was a home run in every regards I think I'm set with IEM's.

IF I were to every buy another IEM it would have to have:
  1. ZERO microphonics,
  2. the best cable,
  3. be a sealed BA,
  4. Have a sound signature that sounds like its worth at least $250-300
  5. well-made components, no flakey chrome

I'd like to have:
  1. replaceble cables 

Honestly at $50 I can't imagine much sounding better.  I'm biased though, because I am a complete MEE fanboy.

over ears, and shirt clip, that's what they're for buddy boy 
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #30 of 386
Count me in fellas! Just received my CC51P's a few days back, and now my A151's today. The CC51P cost me a mere $29.99 via Amazon lightning deal, and the A151 cost me $22 shipped, via Head-Fi for sale forum. They're both exceptionally good bang for buck in-ears, in every regard. Enjoying some psytrance on the A151 as I type this. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back