MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
May 12, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #241 of 378
I've also gotta say, I believe the reason these can be called "stage IEMs" is because of the instrument separation. I had never heard the instruments so clearly distinguished. This is helpful for me because I'm a bass player and they have helped me to figure the bass parts out in some songs I cover. My previous headphones/earphones didn't allow this. 

May 12, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #242 of 378
Ok, so I used them in live setting for the first time this weekend. Absolutely blown away by the tone I was getting! We have a very nice Protools + Avioms stereo rig at our church. so it was a very good starting point to begin with. Very nice focused and pretty balanced sound. My bass was always to boomy in my original M6's, now it's just perfect! Vocals were very clean and guitars sound amazing in these. I always disliked M6's harsh highs, M6 Pros are way batter in that department. I would highly recommended them for musicians!

May 12, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #243 of 378
  Ok, so I used them in live setting for the first time this weekend. Absolutely blown away by the tone I was getting! We have a very nice Protools + Avioms stereo rig at our church. so it was a very good starting point to begin with. Very nice focused and pretty balanced sound. My bass was always to boomy in my original M6's, now it's just perfect! Vocals were very clean and guitars sound amazing in these. I always disliked M6's harsh highs, M6 Pros are way batter in that department. I would highly recommended them for musicians!

Wait, so if the M6 PRO was (for me that is) already pretty harsh, just how harsh is the original M6?

May 12, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #244 of 378
  Wait, so if the M6 PRO was (for me that is) already pretty harsh, just how harsh is the original M6?

I'm wondering this as well. The one complaint I have is that they get too harsh at times, I can't even imagine how the original M6 was 
confused.gif

May 14, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #245 of 378
Got a pair of Spinfit tips and they work well

I think I still prefer the large tri-flange in terms of comfort though

All in all a fun purchase and a great pair of iems to take to work with me without needing to risk my higher end ones

May 14, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #246 of 378
  I just got these and, I must say, I'm pretty impressed. I've had the Shure SE215, VSonic GR07 MKII (my favorite so far), V-Moda M80s, and some other earphones; these surpass all but the GR07, imo. The instrument separation is amazing, to say the least. I really like the powerful (yet not overpowering) bass and the detailed highs. I hear some sibilance when there's trumpets in a song but it's not that big of an issue. The soundstage is also quite likeable.

As far as the fit and comfort... I don't know why anyone would have issues with these. I put the small tri-flanges and they fit perfectly. Really comfortable, too.

Overall, I'd say I'm really, really pleased with the $50 I spent on them. I can't believe how much they cost, honestly. If I had tried these before buying my other earphones/headphones, I probably wouldn't have bought the others 
tongue_smile.gif

Glad you like them @Alez!
I've bought many iems before getting the pros and some after, and these continue to be my favorite 
beerchug.gif

May 21, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #248 of 378
I just got these. I'll be driving them with a Fiio E10K. I'll post my impressions soon.

May 21, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #250 of 378
Cool, was hoping someone with an amp could chime in.
I'll give it a go with my Little Dot 1+ as well. Although I rarely use it with iems.

May 22, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #252 of 378
When equalizing with an emphasis on the mids, the m6 pros can't get anymore clear. Vocals are amazing on this thing.

Only fatiguing thing may be the highs but I have more testing to do.

May 23, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #253 of 378
I recently ordered these buds and the highs simply wear me out. Mids are well defined and the bass is not overwhelming but it is authoritative. The upper range, however, is definitely not for the faint of heart.

May 23, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #254 of 378
  Any difference between with amp and not?

I know the question wasn't aimed at me but thought I'd chip in anyway
tongue.gif

I used my pros with the nx1 for an extended period of time after getting used to their "ampless" sound. I can now tell a difference in the sound although I'm not sure I like it... I thought an amp would help bring out the bass more but if anything it seems to have balanced the overall spectrum even more! They seem to have an even more analytical sound when amped, at least from what I'm hearing...

May 23, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #255 of 378
 Any difference between with amp and not?

I know the question wasn't aimed at me but thought I'd chip in anyway
tongue.gif

I used my pros with the nx1 for an extended period of time after getting used to their "ampless" sound. I can now tell a difference in the sound although I'm not sure I like it... I thought an amp would help bring out the bass more but if anything it seems to have balanced the overall spectrum even more! They seem to have an even more analytical sound when amped, at least from what I'm hearing...

NX1 is an neutral sounding amp with added soundstage. You need fiio E11K for some bass boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back