MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Jan 28, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #16 of 378
  Wow, Mike at MEElectronics is officially the best (Cheryl too!). My pair of M6 PROs are being shipped out tomorrow - is it possible I'll be the first on Head-Fi to review them (or receive them)?
tongue.gif

Nice. Ya tell us how they are.
I can tell you're already probably gonna give them a positive review lol. Maybe do some comparisons?

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #17 of 378
  Nice. Ya tell us how they are.
I can tell you're already probably gonna give them a positive review lol. Maybe do some comparisons?

Based on my current experience with MEElectronics, I don't think there's any way I could write a negative review of an M6-line product (considering lots of the changes they made are minimal), but I will be brutally honest when it comes to build quality (and sound comparison, ect..)... One of the main reasons I like the M6s is because I LIKE the current sport M6's skinny cable/low profile design, where the Shure SE215 (and entire SE line for that matter) is super bulky. I hope the M6 PRO doesn't go overboard, but we'll have to wait and see. :wink:

Also, were any guys here at NAMM, and possibly stopped by MEElectronics's booth (and took a look at the M6 PROs)?

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #18 of 378
Supposedly the M6 Pro are less V shaped and more balanced or so, kinda in the fence between these and the Ostry KC06, as a total package (comfort, fit, isolation, accessories) the M6 Pro looks like the winner (barely), but if the sound is "just slightly" improved from their original M6, then the KC06 obliterate them in the sound department, so i hope you can give out your first impressions. 

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #19 of 378
  Supposedly the M6 Pro are less V shaped and more balanced or so, kinda in the fence between these and the Ostry KC06, as a total package (comfort, fit, isolation, accessories) the M6 Pro looks like the winner (barely), but if the sound is "just slightly" improved from their original M6, then the KC06 obliterate them in the sound department, so i hope you can give out your first impressions. 

This is on MEElectronics's website: 

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #20 of 378
Jan 30, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #21 of 378
I still love my M9P and much interested to upgrade my M6.....this pro looks awesome in design (so small and RC) and supplied accessories.......

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #23 of 378
http://www.head-fi.org/t/752533/m6-pro-impressions#post_11283201 There you go, im planning on getting those as my daily earphone, i don't trust the build quality on the RE 400 and i've been looking for a workhorse, those seem like it, although i HIGHLY doubt the will sound as good as the RE 400, but for the price and the features, is well worth the price.

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #25 of 378
Reply from James at Meelec concerning differences between the m6 and m6 pro:

"... We’re really excited about these and hope they do well!
For the sound of the M6PRO we started with the M6 and made it more balanced – a little less bass, a little more midrange, and better treble extension. As a result it sounds less warm and more accurate than the M6 while retaining a bit of extra bass kick. The M6 has never been criticized for lack of treble, and the M6 PRO won’t be either.
The housing size is the exact same size as the M6.
The M6PRO comes with 2 cables – headset cable is the same as the cable on the clear M6P. The stereo audio cable is twisted internally for extra strength but has a rubberized outer sheath that the A151 doesn’t have... The M6 Pro uses a completely different driver[than the m6]."

Definitely seem like a winner! Looking forward to impressions. Meelec is a great company.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #26 of 378
I love the original M6, use to to workout with, mostly. Looking forward to hearing, or rather reading what some of you guys think about the pros. But more than likely gonna pick up a pair anyway...

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #27 of 378
I just really have no need for another set of iems right now and really want to try some BAs. But who knows, might pick these up if there's a special.
Edit: meelec is shooting me a review sample. What luck! I'll do my best at a fair and subjective write up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back