Meelectronics M6 Appreciation Thread
Sep 24, 2010 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nkkuma

Now known as gogators.
Searched but it seems there is no Appreciation Thread for my beloved Meelectronics M6 IEM. So here we go.

I personally think this is the best IEM you can get with a 30$ budget. Actually, they are constantly on sale to 22$ ish, so, with the money for a dinner you will get your self a decent pair of IEM which dares to compare with any IEMs on the market. 
They are so light weight making them a superior IEM for working out or yard work when other bulky IEMs fall out of your canals all the time. They looks very nice, especially the colorless ones, making a good cheap present for female friends or family members.

Of course, SQ is most important part. The little housing and the little dynamic driver are actually a wonderful combination, producing very extended bouncy bass with good quantities. another shining spot is the silky clear trembles, standing out of the background. And this tiny IEM also has a very impressive sound stage, which is not heard in any IEMs in this price range.  The recessed mid range and a little bit hunger for power might be the only drawbacks. After hearing my TF10's cold analytical armature sound for a while, I always want to spend some time to enjoy the warm airy bouncy dynamic sound from the M6s.

These are great budget IEMs. They are priced to spread good sound to more people. appreciated.

IjokerI has done an elaborate multi IEM review, the M6 is not a shabby one compared to the high end IEMs.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-108-iems-compared-earsquake-cro-fish-and-sha-added-09-17

mark's review for another reference:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453242/meelectronics-m6-review

Sep 24, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 10
I think Mark's review of the M6 became the de facto appreciation thread with over 300 posts and counting, not that there's anything wrong with having multiple threads on an earphone. If you want to make this thread helpful to those who stumble on it perhaps you should add links to some of the older reviews - sort of a one-stop resource. Just a suggestion...

Glad you're enjoying the M6s. I still have mine for when I just want something fun in a raucous sort of way.. plus they're great for exercise and to sleep in.

Sep 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 10
Wow, I did not expect Joker to reply to my thread first. I was actually intrigued to finally get one pair of M6 by your multi IEM comparison thread. Thanks for the efforts to introduce these gems to more people.

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 10
Just got a pair of these to replace my Soundmagic PL30 that I lost, needed something for early work mornings and on the go. First listen the bass was too overpowering. As I've gotten used to them and they've had time to burn-in, the bass has calmed down. They sound great for the price, and I'd say they're more fun to listen to than the PL30 but less detailed and accurate.

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Just got a pair of these to replace my Soundmagic PL30 that I lost, needed something for early work mornings and on the go. First listen the bass was too overpowering. As I've gotten used to them and they've had time to burn-in, the bass has calmed down. They sound great for the price, and I'd say they're more fun to listen to than the PL30 but less detailed and accurate.

Personally I prefer the sound of the PL30 over the M6.. I've been trying to listen to the M6 for a couple weeks now but I just can't take a liking to them.. With the triple flange tips the M6 really hurt my ears after a little while.. I have the M9's too and I even like them better than the M6... Looks like the M6 is just not for me I guess..
frown.gif

Oct 4, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
Personally I prefer the sound of the PL30 over the M6.. I've been trying to listen to the M6 for a couple weeks now but I just can't take a liking to them.. With the triple flange tips the M6 really hurt my ears after a little while.. I have the M9's too and I even like them better than the M6... Looks like the M6 is just not for me I guess..
frown.gif

From my experience. The M6 needs some time to burn in, I'd say 100 hours or more. Then the sound will become more natural, the mid will open up a little bit. sound resolution will be increased and bass more bouncy. I do not like the triple flange tips too and use the medium size tip. the triple flange makes the sound source more faraway, making the sound worse for the relatively not efficient M6s.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 10

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-SlickDeals&cm_mmc=AFC-SlickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16875996107&Tpk=75-996-107

$24.99 with code EMCYTZT198

Hurry up, fellow headfiers. they are a steal at this price.

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 10

There aren't any pictures of the M6 so here are some. One of in my ear and two compared to my W3. The M6 is my friend's.
The sound is definitely worth the full price so there is no reason not to get it for $25 or less.
Of course, it does not sound as good as my W3, but I think they may need "breaking-in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back