Meelectronics is to release M11+
Nov 23, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #91 of 96
These things are epic for classic rock. I got around 50 hours of burn-in on them, and they sound great. I could go for a bit more bass, but these days I'm steering a bit away from hard rock to 60s and 70s. I have a 2nd Gen iPT with no EQ on.

Quote:
Sadly, after only 10 hours of break-in, I'm getting a hunch these might not be for me. The cymbals can be really overpowering on some tracks as well as the bass. This really doesn't work with a lot of my (alternative) rock music.
Is this something that will get better with break-in, or is this just the sound signature of the M11+? Maybe I just need to get used to the sound. 

They do a very good job on classical, hip-hop and classic rock, but most of my music is modern rock. And that's where I really miss the forward mids of my PL50.
I want the guitars and vocals to be more forward and the cymbals to be there, but not be a lot more apparent than the drums.
Actually, bass is not that bad, but I think the quantity is just too much for my kind of music. 

If I would give my PL50 10 points for sound, I think these would barely make it to 7 at the moment.

So, I guess I need to start EQ'ing and see what that does.

For me, the bass got a little more pronounced and it got less "cymbal"ly. The  bass seems tight and punchy, as it is for most well-worn in people. As for forward vocals, these are pretty vocal-centered. I didn't have much luck with apple's EQ and trying to squeeze more bass out of it, they just made it sound muddy and I hadda turn up the volume to hear the vocals well.
I don't have a whole lotta alternative rock.
If Skillet qualifies, it could use more bass, but everything else on "monster" sounds pretty slick.

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #92 of 96
Hey! sorry for pulling up such an old thread.. but i needed an honest opinion netween the pl50's and the m11+ .. my ears are sensitive to lower frequencies so i cannot handle TOO MUCH bass..

But at the same time i like them to be there for my hip hop/rock / electronica collection..

was in love with the pl50's ( 40$)

but now the m11+ are being offered at 40$ too... which one should i go in for for my first decent pair of IEM's..?

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #93 of 96
Just curious is the m11+ same as m11p+? only difference being is one has a mic? Cause m11p+ is $5 more expensive.

Also I was about to get the m9's how does this compare as I see a lot of m6 vs m11+ than m9's.

Thanks!

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #95 of 96
Thanks for the reply, I was just curious why so many people are hating these headphones? Especially all the videos I've seen for reviews on these they basically say these are crap. I mean what is so bad about them and I'm sure meelec would lower the price if these were worse than m9 or discontinue the product.

I mainly listen to hiphop/rap, Kpop, OST/Soundtracks, R&B, and a few rock like linkin park. And most of them I just want more emphasis on bass and clarity bass dosnt muddy up the sound like my dr Dre beats I bought for jokes to compare it to my friends that it's not worth for the amount it's being sold for.

I don't mind paying $45 for these m11's so price doesn't matter, just curious as to why there's so many mixed reviews, mostly being bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back