Meelectronics is to release M11+
Jul 31, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #76 of 96
I'm liking these more after some burn in. Also, I put on the grey "balanced" double flange tips from my M9 tip set. It helps get the bass a little more in line.I've determined these are my favorite MEElectronics.

I'd love to hear some other impressions on these.

Jul 31, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #77 of 96

Quote:
The PLUS is just as lively as the m6, maybe even more. So i have mine burning in for about 10 hours already. So more thoughts:

Sushibowl I really enjoyed your review. Nicely done and hit on points I was contemplating. I liked that you compared it to the Eterna, an IEM likely considered by people looking in the league of the M11+, and touched on differences between the M11+ and the M6. A good review knows its audience, nice job.

Jul 31, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #78 of 96
Jul 31, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #79 of 96

Quote:
I've reviewed the M11P+ on my site and posted a copy of the review here on Head-Fi, if anyone's interested

Musical Musings Review (original)

Head-Fi Review

If I could write a review, yours would be it. I agree with everything you said. As I mentioned this in a previous thread, the grey Meelec. "nuetral" tips that come with the M9's do balance out the lower frequencies a bit. They are the same style as the double flanges that come with the M11+'s
Thanks for an informative review.

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #80 of 96
Nice review!

Added to my um.... not so short, short list
confused_face.gif

Aug 29, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #82 of 96
The NE-7M is warmer, smoother, and softer-sounding than the M11+, but not as clear or detailed. The M11+ is more edgy, aggressive, and impactful. Also brighter.

The Klipsch S4 is similar to the M11+ in bass impact but a bit less controlled. The  mids are more emphasized on the M11+ and the treble is smoother than the sibilant/harsh highs of  the S4. The S4 is a weird earphone in that, unlike most, it is very pleasant at first listen and then gets more and more annoying over time. The M11+ is quite the opposite - hated them at first but they've grown on me somewhat. Just have to get used to the bass, which is very hard-hitting.

Aug 30, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #83 of 96

Quote:
The NE-7M is warmer, smoother, and softer-sounding than the M11+, but not as clear or detailed. The M11+ is more edgy, aggressive, and impactful. Also brighter.

The Klipsch S4 is similar to the M11+ in bass impact but a bit less controlled. The  mids are more emphasized on the M11+ and the treble is smoother than the sibilant/harsh highs of  the S4. The S4 is a weird earphone in that, unlike most, it is very pleasant at first listen and then gets more and more annoying over time. The M11+ is quite the opposite - hated them at first but they've grown on me somewhat. Just have to get used to the bass, which is very hard-hitting.

Thanks, ljokerl.
I thought the same about the S4 and returned them after 3 weeks.  Enjoyed the Ne-7M but they are shorting out on me now.  Time to try something new.

Oct 16, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #85 of 96
In my humble opinion, yes. At twice the price of the M6, I would buy the M6. Otherwise, the M11+ are better IMHO. Moreover, I prefer the design because it's easier for me to find tips that fit, no matter if foamies or silicone. For the M6 and its shallow insertion, I need wide and short foamies, so I have to make them by had. I cannot use silicones with the M6 and I can use them with the M11+ (which, BTW, comes with a very good assortment of silicone tips!).

Hope this helps!

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #87 of 96
Yes, I can lie with my M11+ in bed with now problems. I usually wear them for sleeping, when I have insomnia, listening to music at a very low volume is very relaxing for me. The M6 I can wear while in bed, but they fall from my ears sooner or later. Not a great deal, they're perfectly usable, but I prefer the M11+, they have a much lower profile.

I don't consider the M6 harsh at all, the treble is very bright, yes, but not harsh IMHO. The M11+ is, overall, more balanced, so probably even if you consider the M6 harsh, you won't consider the M11+ harsh.

Oct 23, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #88 of 96
Good reading. You have all talked me into a pair of these. MEE has an offer this weekend I could not refuse. Shipped out the door for $56. I figure, I can't go wrong. 

Nov 4, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #89 of 96
So, mine have arrived!

I'm now listening to them with the wide and short dual flange tips. These seem to fit the best for me, but I think I will keep experimenting with them for the next few days.
The sound is completely different from my PL50, it was kind of a shock for me. This might be because dynamic drivers need burn-in, whereas I think my PL50 sounded the same when I first listened to it and when I broke it.

The bass is definitely hard-hitting, but the quantity is pretty good if you ask me. I just noticed the mids have become a bit more forward, though I still think vocals sounded a lot more natural on the PL50. Still, might change with break-in.
The highs are also more pronounced, and can be a bit irritating at times. For instance, Muse's Matt Bellamy can sound very harsh with words with an s, f or h in it. This is very obvious on these IEM's, a lot more than on my PL50. Same for cymbals.

Comfort is very good, depending on tips. I think the double flange tips suit me best overall. Although I'm having trouble to wear them over the ear, like the PL50, I don't mind wearing them the 'normal' way so far.
There is some noise from the cable, but the included shirt clip should help a lot with that.

I'll update this post after I've used these a bit more. They are definitely getting better by the minute!

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #90 of 96
Sadly, after only 10 hours of break-in, I'm getting a hunch these might not be for me. The cymbals can be really overpowering on some tracks as well as the bass. This really doesn't work with a lot of my (alternative) rock music.
Is this something that will get better with break-in, or is this just the sound signature of the M11+? Maybe I just need to get used to the sound. 

They do a very good job on classical, hip-hop and classic rock, but most of my music is modern rock. And that's where I really miss the forward mids of my PL50.
I want the guitars and vocals to be more forward and the cymbals to be there, but not be a lot more apparent than the drums.
Actually, bass is not that bad, but I think the quantity is just too much for my kind of music. 

If I would give my PL50 10 points for sound, I think these would barely make it to 7 at the moment.

So, I guess I need to start EQ'ing and see what that does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back