Meelec M6 -- Awful (Update: Not So Awful)
Dec 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #17 of 37

Quote:
Did you pull your ears back or open your mouth to shove them in your ear canal? 

I thought you were joking but this trick actually works
blink.gif
. I dont think its placebo. They get a deeper fit. And the tips dont produce weird noises with skin contact. Also now its seems possible to were my brainwavz M1 over the ear.(before i had problems and couldnt stay on)
popcorn.gif

anyone else tried it?

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #21 of 37
+1 on the bad fit causing "huricanes"

I just got mine last night, did a few test runs at home and they sound pretty good.  I used the bi-flange tips because they seem to give a good seal at home

took them to the gym half an hour later, they were advertised as sport headphones after all.

Did my squats and my deadlifts without them on because I hate wearing IEMs while squatting, I feel like I'm gonna snag them or something :D

got sweaty of course, tried putting them on then but it was impossible to get a good fit with sweaty ears.  I tried removing them and putting them on again.  also tried the ear pull technique.  The fit is horrible and it sounds like a hurricane is blowing in my ear

I can't believe they're advertising this as for sports...

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #22 of 37

Quote:

I just got mine last night, did a few test runs at home and they sound pretty good.  I used the bi-flange tips because they seem to give a good seal at home

took them to the gym half an hour later, they were advertised as sport headphones after all.

Did my squats and my deadlifts without them on because I hate wearing IEMs while squatting, I feel like I'm gonna snag them or something :D

got sweaty of course, tried putting them on then but it was impossible to get a good fit with sweaty ears.  I tried removing them and putting them on again.  also tried the ear pull technique.  The fit is horrible and it sounds like a hurricane is blowing in my ear

why would you do squats and deadlifts on the same day ? :p jks jks, I use my TF10s for both deadlifts and squats? Thinking of getting these as the TF10s seem to be a little to valuable to be taking to the gym...

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #23 of 37
i've modded my M6 by putting stock foams from stock earphones inside the nozzle.
i also de-core'd shure olives to fit the m6.
check the threads i made if you want.

result = UE SF5pro + Senn IE8 imho
i guarantee you, if you will just hear what i'm exactly hearing right now on my M6, you'll say "awesome" twice.

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #25 of 37

Quote:

x2 on squats and deads on same day, you're crazy
tongue.gif

I use them exclusively at the gym, and I have no problems with fit.  I pop them in, and don't even touch them when i'm there.  I can't use them for running though, I can hear my heartbeat through the cable..

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #26 of 37
The design of M6 is flawed, even more so than the TF10 (but heh they are $15-20 earphones)

People with wide deep ear canals can't use M6 period. You can't insert them deeply and even the largest tips can't properly seal when the earphone is on the edge of your ear.

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #27 of 37
I found the m6 to have a very good fit on me. Once I removed the memory wire, the fit was flawless.

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #28 of 37
The M6 and the M9 fit fine for me. I didn't have trouble putting them in my ear. The main thing that annoyed me was the driver flexing of both IEMs. The M6's driver flex did not affect the sound(i.e. no bass, tinny, uneven sound, etc.), however the M9 is UNBEARABLE. It takes nearly 2-4 minutes of adjustment to make sure both sides sound even. They're too fit dependent due the driver flex, which cause uneveness in the sound. 

May 15, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #29 of 37
How long should it take to break-in the MEE M6? 

After about 15 hours on mine, they still sound dull. I originally struggled to get a good fit with the stock tips, so I bought the Sony Hybrid tips. Now after getting a decent fit, bass and mid's sound good, but the treble is lacking. I'd almost call it "muffled". 

This is my first IEM so I'm not sure this is a characteristic of an IEM or just the M6. I'm hoping they just need more break-in time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back