MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
May 9, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #1,066 of 3,265
I just checked with an iPod Touch 4G and it has roughly the same volume as the iPhone 5S - so either the 3S has a very weak amp or there is something wrong - especially with modern music).  Full volume would be deafening!

May 9, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #1,068 of 3,265
Hey guys I'm just wondering if an iPhone 5s will be capable of driving th p1 unamped?
Also, im kinda stuck between choosing the im02 and the pinnacle.I remember falling in love with the im02 for its portrayal of vocals, yet was hoping for something with a more visceral bass punch.Is the vocal portrayal of the p1 at least in on par with the im02's?
it could drive it but i definitely notice improvement with my amp.

May 10, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #1,069 of 3,265
  I just checked with an iPod Touch 4G and it has roughly the same volume as the iPhone 5S - so either the 3S has a very weak amp or there is something wrong - especially with modern music).  Full volume would be deafening!

My iPhone 5s and BlackBerry Z30 easily drives it to above comfortable levels, but adding a portable amp gives more headroom and a more granular way to control listening volume, in my experience. It is definitely cellphone friendly :)

May 10, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #1,070 of 3,265
To anybody who owns the ex1000 or has heard it, could you do a comparison between the p1 and ex1000?Based on what I'm seeing so far, both iems have a similar sound signature.I can get a used ex1000 for approx 100sgd more.Should I go for the ex1000 or p1?

May 10, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #1,071 of 3,265
To anybody who owns the ex1000 or has heard it, could you do a comparison between the p1 and ex1000?Based on what I'm seeing so far, both iems have a similar sound signature.I can get a used ex1000 for approx 100sgd more.Should I go for the ex1000 or p1?

The EX1000 and P1 doesn't have a very similar sound signature. I would say there's more differences than similarities.
EX1000 and P1 are similar in their representation of the highs. Both extends pretty far with a real smooth presentation. Both can sound shrilly on bad recordings but isn't on the sibilance side of things. Both does require a good seal. Without a good seal both units will sound thin, harsh and metallic. I would say that's about all the similarities they share.
Mids wise both are very detailed with an airy presentation. Instruments separation is top notch too. Vocals wise i would give the tick to P1. The P1 sounded a tad more full bodied and natural to me whilst the EX1000 is a tad thinner. P1 has a more forward vocal opposed to EX1000 though the P1 cannot be considered as a mid centric earphones.
Bass wise both are not bass cannons but ain't considered as bass light either. The P1 sounded more punchy and goes deeper than EX1000 given a good source and power. Both have very good bass texture and speed with a short decay. The P1 has a very slight tint of warmth surrounding it giving it a bassier feel and fuller mids.
The EX1000 does have a tricky fit. It is one of the toughest IEMs to achieve a good fit and seal. Even with a good fit and seal, isolation is pretty much non-existent rendering it a much home use pair.
I would say the IEMs market have evolved pretty much and the new P1 have best the EX1000 in terms of driver tuning, built quality, fitting and etc. Comparing both I would go for the P1 given its ease of use.

May 10, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #1,073 of 3,265
I had to give the PInnacle some love in this review. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-audio-dx80-high-resolution-audio-player/reviews/15978

If you don't know, the DX80's 250mW of power is made for the 50 Ohm Pinnacle. Somebody should bundle them and sell them as a unit that rivals anything on Earth. 

May 10, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #1,078 of 3,265
IDK- I think Jet is like a middle man but I don't know if you can get warranty service or not.

That's what I'd be worried about - trading cheap price now for potential lack of warranty support later on. Best thing for anyone considering that purchase is to ask MEE if they'd be covered.
:beerchug:

May 10, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #1,079 of 3,265
That's what I'd be worried about - trading cheap price now for potential lack of warranty support later on. Best thing for anyone considering that purchase is to ask MEE if they'd be covered.
beerchug.gif

The problem is Mee Audio has a link on their website for authorized resellers but it doesn't list any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back