MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
May 6, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #1,036 of 3,265
I think they're pretty well balanced. Not bass light. Not bass heavy. It all depends on your preference, of course.

I agree.

They have a very "good" amount of bass. Engaging and fun, lovely balance and detail across the frequency range without being analytical and cold. 

I find them pretty amazing for the price. The fact that they are super comfortable just is the icing on the cake.

I don't have them yet, but listened at a friends to them two days ago. Really a "must consider" when you are in the market for an around $200 in-ear.

May 6, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #1,037 of 3,265
Agree Koolpep. My only issues with P1 are their weight, so I feel the need to use triple flanges to really secure them - and the cable is a wee bit over-engineered (similar to T20 but in a different way). Luckily, I like the sound with triple flanges and can live with the cable (but wouldn't mind something more supple to be completely honest).

IMHO, P1 are a really good starting point for someone looking for a mid-tier dynamic with slightly warm yet relatively neutral sound with no hot spots across the FR. It's something that can hold your attention yet not fatigue. A good IEM to keep you satisfied for awhile in your headfi journey towards TOTL IEM.
:beerchug:

May 6, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #1,038 of 3,265
The M6Pros were bass light, IMHO the P1s are just fine.

I would respectfully disagree on the M6 Pro. To me it has a deeper bass than the P1. Neither is bass light, but I find the bass on the M6 Pro to be deeper and farther reaching than the P1. I use Comply's on both for a good fit. The P1 is just fantasticly wonderful overall, while the M6 Pro is really really good, but the highs are not as tame.

I love both, and don't see myself upgrading to anything in the future. That's why we love this hobby, the sound can be completely different for two people, and neither is wrong! Cheers.

May 6, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #1,039 of 3,265
P1 is more reference sounding than M6 Pro. Both are delightful!

May 6, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #1,040 of 3,265
I might have missed it - what serial number does the second batch start from? I haven't had any issues yet, but I haven't been able to listen to them every day.

Wait, how can you guys have serial numbers in the 800+ and my P1 that were ordered just a week ago have serial 191, are they from the first batch suffering from connector issues?!

May 6, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #1,041 of 3,265
Wait, how can you guys have serial numbers in the 800+ and my P1 that were ordered just a week ago have serial 191, are they from the first batch suffering from connector issues?!
refurbished? o: but it is quite impossible

May 6, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #1,042 of 3,265

I would contact MEE and ask about it...and definitely keep an ear out for the cabling issue.

May 6, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #1,046 of 3,265
  The P1 are hard to drive, the Sony ZX2 and P1 don't mix so i want a DAC to use with my laptop only.
 i can pick one up at my local Best Buy, for $60 i cant complain if it doesn't sound the best as long as the 1.2 can drive the P1

zx2 cant drive it
eek.gif

May 6, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #1,048 of 3,265
Hey there folks! I've been following this thread for quite some time. My current main headphones are PSB M4U2 and good old Ultimate ears ue700, run from Ibasso DX50 and a LG V10 soon. 
Once had a Focal Spirit Classic which had the best stage depth I've heard so far.
I'm torn choosing between the Pinnacle P1 and the Nuforce Primo 8 for soundstage and resolution.
mainly listen to tidal and 24bit flac files, mostly to indie rock, electronica, classic, some metal, some synthie stuff.
I know these iems are very different technically, being dynamic driver vs. quad ba. My gf has the Sennheiser IE8 which is dynamic as well, but I think it sounds way too muffled for my taste.
I could get really good price for both around 180/200€ each. 

So at a nearly equal price point, which would be the better iem for me? I don't dislike BA-sound, having the UE700..

I prefer a rather neutral tonal balance and lots of detail. Does anyone by chance have both the Primo 8 and Pinnacle P1 and can compare them in a few sentences?
Many thanks!

May 6, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #1,049 of 3,265
I too am curious to see what other feel in regards to the primo8 and the MEE p1. I imagine for the price of the P1 you wouldn't miss too much of what the primo had to offer. Of course I do not own the primo and so can not give a comparison.

May 6, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #1,050 of 3,265
refurbished? o: but it is quite impossible

I ordered directly from MEE, and as long as they dont have the connector issue i guess i wouldnt really have a major problem with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back