MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
May 3, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #1,021 of 3,265
I use single silicone tips also.the double and triple ones wouldnt fit properly.

Try going large in the single flange if your ears permit.I had the same reactions as you two fellas and switching to the large size helped the sub bass fills out a little more, with the added bonus of slight detail boost. Currently rocking the sony Mh1C tips, even better!

May 3, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #1,022 of 3,265
Try going large in the single flange if your ears permit.I had the same reactions as you two fellas and switching to the large size helped the sub bass fills out a little more, with the added bonus of slight detail boost. Currently rocking the sony Mh1C tips, even better!
I'm using large single flange.Curious as to where I can get mh1c tips.

May 3, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #1,023 of 3,265
p1 + jvc spiral
tongue.gif

May 5, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #1,026 of 3,265
I am using a set of the SM spirals and they give me really good isolation and sound. Those, plus the Q1 make the P1s sound amazing. I recently signed up for a trial of Tidal so I could stream some HD audio, and it went to another level. Doubt I'll pay when it's up, though -- it's a lot too pricey. Is there anything these magic IEMs can't do?

May 5, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #1,027 of 3,265
I am using a set of the SM spirals and they give me really good isolation and sound. Those, plus the Q1 make the P1s sound amazing. I recently signed up for a trial of Tidal so I could stream some HD audio, and it went to another level. Doubt I'll pay when it's up, though -- it's a lot too pricey. Is there anything these magic IEMs can't do?
Actually there isn't much they can't do.:).Where can I find these SM spirals?

May 5, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,029 of 3,265
Yeah the Q1 and P1 are definitely a good pair!

May 5, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,031 of 3,265

how the q1 enhances it

More clarity, small increase in bass, both sub and mid (without using the bass switch). Those are the two things I noticed the most. With the bass switch turned on, it really makes a difference, without interfering with the mids and overall sound.

May 5, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #1,032 of 3,265
I just got the P1s in yesterday as a sidegrade to my daily drivers (RHA T20, Sony XBA-A3), and these in no way are bass-light. Certainly not like what some posters earlier on in this thread have been reporting. If anything the P1s are very slightly V-shaped, and you definitely do notice the bass. Those saying otherwise must have had a bad seal during their testing. Still not basshead IEMs by any measure, of course. These sound just fine plugged into my iPhone 6S at about 3/4 volume. 

Very happy with my purchase as the P1s make a very good counterpoint to my other 2 IEMs. Nicely reproduced highs as opposed to the bassier T20s and fantastic vocals. Soundstaging isn't great, though, but I've been spoiled by the A3 (You'd have to spend a pretty penny to beat the A3/Z5's soundstaging). As a nice bonus, the P1s are also much, much, MUCH less fussy for portable use. The T20s are stupidly overengineered and the A3s stick right out of your ear canal, which can look...awkward. The housings pretty much disappear into your ears, wire is nice and pliable and no silly over-ear clips!

May 5, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #1,033 of 3,265
  I just got the P1s in yesterday as a sidegrade to my daily drivers (RHA T20, Sony XBA-A3), and these in no way are bass-light. Certainly not like what some posters earlier on in this thread have been reporting. If anything the P1s are very slightly V-shaped, and you definitely do notice the bass. Those saying otherwise must have had a bad seal during their testing. Still not basshead IEMs by any measure, of course. These sound just fine plugged into my iPhone 6S at about 3/4 volume. 

Very happy with my purchase as the P1s make a very good counterpoint to my other 2 IEMs. Nicely reproduced highs as opposed to the bassier T20s and fantastic vocals. Soundstaging isn't great, though, but I've been spoiled by the A3 (You'd have to spend a pretty penny to beat the A3/Z5's soundstaging). As a nice bonus, the P1s are also much, much, MUCH less fussy for portable use. The T20s are stupidly overengineered and the A3s stick right out of your ear canal, which can look...awkward. The housings pretty much disappear into your ears, wire is nice and pliable and no silly over-ear clips!

well its bass light but it isnt bass lacking
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back