MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Feb 15, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #227 of 3,265
I just received them. They need some time to warm up for sure but just out of the box they sound better than RHA MA750i which I previously owned.

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #230 of 3,265
All the reviews and testimonies here are tempting me to buy one. I have way too many phones now. Will need to find a trade.

Feb 15, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #231 of 3,265
That's one amazing thing about P1 - people's opinion/impressions are unanimous
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #235 of 3,265
I'm definitely going to buy one of these. Meelectronics have good value in the budget market and I believe they are in a good position to start pushing into the mid-range market.  Only question is, when do these come into the UK or Europe?

It will be very interesting to see how it challenges the old guard players of the IEM market.  Will prices need to be lowered? Will products need to be updated? 

Very much like the HD800S to the planar market. 

Feb 16, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #236 of 3,265
Anyone know when these are likely to come back into stock on the MEE site or via a seller that sells to the UK? Looks like their stock took a hammering just before Chinese New Year based on all the positive comments on here!

Feb 16, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #237 of 3,265
These have easily become a favorite of mine, supplanting the Supra 2 universal and Aurisonics Rockets as a neutralish best buy. Love the P1.

Interesting.
How does the comfort level of the Rockets compare with the P1(especially when worn straight down)?

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #238 of 3,265
Did you have any more rocket/p1 questions?

Thanks for the reply. How do the two compare in loudness straight from a phone source (iPhone/android)? I feel like the Rockets can get better with amping, but they r loud enough from my iPhone. 

Also, does anyone have comparisons to the flc8s? I feel the flc8s is currently the most coveted iem under $500.

Feb 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #239 of 3,265
Interesting.
How does the comfort level of the Rockets compare with the P1(especially when worn straight down)?

The P1 is very comfortable in any wear position, but due to the size of the rockets, I suppose I'd give the edge to the rockets here.

Thanks for the reply. How do the two compare in loudness straight from a phone source (iPhone/android)? I feel like the Rockets can get better with amping, but they r loud enough from my iPhone. 

Also, does anyone have comparisons to the flc8s? I feel the flc8s is currently the most coveted iem under $500.

The P1 is even less sensitive than the rockets as far as I recall. But it still gets loud enough for iPhone use and sounds great from my iPhone 6S+. The P1 scales well too.

I'll be comparing the P1 to the FLC8S in my review. However I'll only be comparing it with the clear, clear, gold set up, as I feel this is the most neutral set up in the flc8s. In this configuration the P1 sounds thicker and more linear. The flc8s sound slightly V shaped -and brighter next to the P1. The P1 sounds more spacious overall as well, which I believe the indirect mounting of the driver in the P1 housing plays a large impact on its spaciousness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back