MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Jun 25, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #1,471 of 3,265
Just got my P1 yesterday and opened it today. Spent 45 minutes running it through my laptop > fiio E10K > P1 w/spinfit tips. Couldn't put them down. They sounded so good. No glaring strength nor weakness anywhere. Well separated instruments and wide staging both in height and width.

The fit is like a westone earphone and isolation is by far the best I've come across for a single flange tip earphone.

I sold my dunu Titan 5 to fund it and I don't regret it. Every penny spent is well worth it. Now it is difficult for me to justify a more expensive purchase given the performance of these phones at this price.

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #1,473 of 3,265
wink_face.gif
I dont really like this at the beginning but now I am loving it!

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #1,474 of 3,265
Anyone own the M6pro and P1?   Mind giving me a short comparison please?

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,475 of 3,265

I'm early on in my P1 adventure, but I totally agree. Also, it's easy (and I'm guilty of this) to fall for all this technology such as five drivers, dynamic + multiple BA, etc. but I have yet to hear a more accurate, pleasing sound than a perfectly tuned single dynamic driver. I love hybrids and whatnot for powerful bass, but they're never the most accurate, pleasing sound signature for me. These are extremely well done and I can see myself happy with them for a long time. Funny thing is that I ordered just the Pinnacle P1 cable for another set of earphones with an MMCX connector and then when I got it and saw how well it was made, I immediately got curious about the earphones it was meant to connect into :)

-Collin-

Indeed.  People tend to get caught up in the promise of technology; that it's supposed to be "better".  As an audio engineer, I believe in the "less is more" principle when it comes to recording and playback gear.  I see people on forums asking for EQ settings and ways to make thing sound "better" and ironically, by introducing phase distortion, artifacts, etc they muck up all the hard work the artists and audio engineers put into the recording .

The dual armatures I just got rid of (which have been described as "a bargain in the $200 range") didn't have the speed or high frequency response of the P1, two things it should have easily bested a single dynamic driver at.

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,476 of 3,265
Anyone own the M6pro and P1?   Mind giving me a short comparison please?

From my Pinnacle P1 review:

The M6 Pro's were my first foray back into the Head-Fi world, and I was quite happy with them. They are full, have better bass reach, wide of stage and fit quite well. The memory cable works very well once you have it set. It can pinch if not properly fit, but take the time and they are marvelous. My big problem with the M6's is the VERY aggressive highs. They can become wearing quite early in your session, and I find that I cannot turn them up volume-wise like my others. The highs can be sibilant and harsh. These are very good headphones, but can become tedious to listen to after awhile. I still really like them.

*Addendum*...the highs of the M6 Pro has toned down to me...not sure if it is the Comply's or my ears getting used to the treble. Either way, there is little sibilance left when I use the M6 Pro. Bass is more full on the M6, but not as tight. Not bloated, just less refined. P1 is just fantastic all around, and when I use my Fiio A3, I turn the bass boost on, and the amp provides plenty of bass.

I really like the M6, but the Pinnacle is just that much more... Hope this helps.

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #1,478 of 3,265
Just received mine today as well. Presentation and build quality are top notch. Had a chance to use them for a bit, trying with different tips. It's crazy how much the sound changes with each tip, which ones are you all using currently?

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #1,480 of 3,265
I compared 3 pairs. After burning one pair in for 150 hours, there was no difference between it and either of the brand new pairs.  However, it seemed as if they burned in because my expectations adapted around the sound, which is normal. No actual change in the drivers though. 

If you don't like them at first, give yourself a chance to get used to them. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #1,481 of 3,265
  I compared 3 pairs. After burning one pair in for 150 hours, there was no difference between it and either of the brand new pairs.  However, it seemed as if they burned in because my expectations adapted around the sound, which is normal. No actual change in the drivers though. 

If you don't like them at first, give yourself a chance to get used to them. 

QFT +1000000

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #1,484 of 3,265
Are the spiral dots really that good? I've been using Spinfit with almost any iem i come across that fits them and I like it. With the P1 they are good but I realised that due to their flexible nature, when I look down or tilt my head up too much the P1 will shift due to their weight and alter the sound slightly.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #1,485 of 3,265
Are the spiral dots really that good? I've been using Spinfit with almost any iem i come across that fits them and I like it. With the P1 they are good but I realised that due to their flexible nature, when I look down or tilt my head up too much the P1 will shift due to their weight and alter the sound slightly.
depends i feel spiral dots work well with the p1. treble is smoothened out as compared to using spinfits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back