MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Jun 11, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #1,457 of 3,265
@glassmonkey,

Glad to see you here! (we are on the SieunProX thread together). 

I havent written a whole lot about the Pinnacle's yet, but they are becoming my favorite IEM of late. Think what sets them apart for me is just the LACK of anything over-exaggerated! :wink:  Coming from a audio engineering b/g, i havent found many IEMs that i consider to be truly accurate or have as clean, resolving a sound as the Pinnacles--in this price range of course, and as universal in-ears. They just stay out of the way and are fun to listen to as well, if that makes sense. Yeah, they are a bit less sensitive (but i drive them fine with a Note3) and definitely less forgiving with lo-res files (cant wait for the ProX), but have a very clean, flat, and non-fatiguing sound. And they are one of, if not the most for me, comfortable universals i've had. 

Regarding tips, i've tried everything on all of my other buds that will fit, sony hybrids, complys, and the SpinFits. Unfortunately for me, the spinfits seemed a little too biting in some tracks in the treble. I just couldnt decide if i liked it or didnt--some tracks it was better, some it was just too "noticeable"/harsh that i went back to the Pinnacle's regular medium tip, which just seems the best for my ear. I've liked double-flange tips on some buds, but i couldnt insert them deep enough with these (my ears/canals are kinda small i think). I will say that the Pinnacles do seem to be more noticeably affected by tip-rolling than many other earphones i've heard, and i am still experimenting myself, so i'd like this discussion to continue with recommendations and observations...(just think the tips are the most important personal ear factor that's just gonna sound different for everybody). I'm considering the SpiralDots, if anyone can comment vs SpinFit, etc...

Anyway, good to have you aboard, and hope you are enjoying the Pinnacle's as much as I am!!

tim

Jun 15, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,460 of 3,265

I haven't tried the SpinFits on the P1s because I didn't care for them on some other IEMs. I do have the Spiral Dots on the P1s and have tried the stock tips, and am much happier with the Spiral Dots. They seem to focus the sound better than the stock tips, and I have no issues with bass or highs. I am a strong believer of them on all my IEMs, and have multiple sets. I wish you could find some of the in-between sizes domestically -- I use the SM ones.

Jun 15, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #1,461 of 3,265
I've done a little more listening in a quiet room.  My triple flange with foam stuffing in the larger flange was definitely causing some recessed vocals (Neil Young).  I switched to the stock single flange.  Isolation definitely suffered but the sound improved.  I will try the foam stuffing for these next.  I pulled the core out of some old Comply tips that were too small from a combo pack - much easier to work with than the cut up foam earplugs.

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #1,462 of 3,265
  I've done a little more listening in a quiet room.  My triple flange with foam stuffing in the larger flange was definitely causing some recessed vocals (Neil Young).  I switched to the stock single flange.  Isolation definitely suffered but the sound improved.  I will try the foam stuffing for these next.  I pulled the core out of some old Comply tips that were too small from a combo pack - much easier to work with than the cut up foam earplugs.

The Pinnacles are really sensitive to tip rolling. I felt like I got a different flavour with each tip I put on. Spiral Dots didn't do anything for me, but Spinfit made the bass tighter and gave a more detailed feel. If you want to have a romantic lush feel, comply is the way to go. I didn't get the Sony Isolation tips on them, but that was because I was so happy with Spinfits.

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #1,463 of 3,265
A chance to win a free pair at Headfonia. See http://www.headfonia.com/summer-giveaway-win-meeaudio-pinnacle-p1-andor-m6pro/

Jun 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #1,465 of 3,265
  To those who are using these straight from an HTC 10, how do they sound? Is additional amping required? 

I am. They sound brilliant. The 10 powers them perfectly. They are slightly loud at 50% volume and no way is anyone going to be maxing the volume with that combo.  I actually prefer it to my home stereo console headphone jack.   I'm using Neutron player.   The 10 is good enough that you'll hear the difference in high res music. 

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #1,466 of 3,265
My pair just arrived today and they sound brilliant through an S7 and Dragonfly Red. They sound great through my LG G5 with the HiFi DAC as well with some fiddling. I'm very, very glad I bought these. The presentation and packaging was seriously first rate. I'm very impressed. And the sound - lovely. Will post better impressions later but for $199 shipped free overnight from Amazon, I'm a very happy camper after some disappointments lately. 

-Collin-

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #1,467 of 3,265
  My pair just arrived today and they sound brilliant through an S7 and Dragonfly Red. They sound great through my LG G5 with the HiFi DAC as well with some fiddling. I'm very, very glad I bought these. The presentation and packaging was seriously first rate. I'm very impressed. And the sound - lovely. Will post better impressions later but for $199 shipped free overnight from Amazon, I'm a very happy camper after some disappointments lately. 

-Collin-

Nice, you got the sound you deserved.

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #1,468 of 3,265

-Collin-

Congrats! They really are an excellent sounding quality pair. Looking forward to your impressions.

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #1,469 of 3,265
Trying others in the same price range has reminded me how good the P1s are.  Most earphones have some aspect that is compromised or lacking.  Everything is good on the P1 and many things are great.  Whenever a new item gets hyped on a forum I usually roll my eyes and wait for the objective reviews to roll in but I took a chance on these and they are truly deserving of the high praise they get. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #1,470 of 3,265
  Trying others in the same price range has reminded me how good the P1s are.  Most earphones have some aspect that is compromised or lacking.  Everything is good on the P1 and many things are great.  Whenever a new item gets hyped on a forum I usually roll my eyes and wait for the objective reviews to roll in but I took a chance on these and they are truly deserving of the high praise they get. 

I'm early on in my P1 adventure, but I totally agree. Also, it's easy (and I'm guilty of this) to fall for all this technology such as five drivers, dynamic + multiple BA, etc. but I have yet to hear a more accurate, pleasing sound than a perfectly tuned single dynamic driver. I love hybrids and whatnot for powerful bass, but they're never the most accurate, pleasing sound signature for me. These are extremely well done and I can see myself happy with them for a long time. Funny thing is that I ordered just the Pinnacle P1 cable for another set of earphones with an MMCX connector and then when I got it and saw how well it was made, I immediately got curious about the earphones it was meant to connect into :)

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back