MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
May 31, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #1,411 of 3,265
I used a spot of Supeglue on both side, right out of the connector. This has worked the trick. And I'm not worried about voiding the warranty....if they void it for that, I could see appealing to a higher authority..:I really don't think they would void because of that, though.

CA glue/superglue melts certain plastics but as long as it doesn't react with this wire's jacket then I can't see it being an issue at all.  I haven't seen any reports of it from those who said they glued theirs.

Regarding upgrading the cable, I haven't seen any need to.  If the cable were cheap and the highs were rolled off I'd definitely do it as the upper highs are the main thing that suffers when cabling is less than stellar.  But, that's not the case here. 

May 31, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #1,412 of 3,265
  anyone upgrade cable of p1?

Aren't the stock cables sort of upgraded already?

But as with all things MMCX, I won't fiddle with it too much, so what works will hopefully stay working. 
tongue.gif

May 31, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #1,413 of 3,265
CA glue/superglue melts certain plastics but as long as it doesn't react with this wire's jacket then I can't see it being an issue at all.  I haven't seen any reports of it from those who said they glued theirs.

Regarding upgrading the cable, I haven't seen any need to.  If the cable were cheap and the highs were rolled off I'd definitely do it as the upper highs are the main thing that suffers when cabling is less than stellar.  But, that's not the case here. 

Supeglue did not alter the cables, just bound them together, and yes these are fabulous cables, both of them!

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #1,416 of 3,265
Jun 1, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #1,417 of 3,265
Jun 1, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #1,419 of 3,265
Is the super glue you used cyanoacrylate based? Or is it polyurethane based? Or is it something else altogether? 

Cyanoacrylate-based.

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #1,420 of 3,265
  Hope to try these one day.

what genre do you like though? 
the p1 is quite distant on the mids although it is an excellent iem for the price.
my p1 is getting very little listening time these days :frowning2:

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #1,422 of 3,265
the p1 is quite distant on the mids although it is an excellent iem for the price.

Hardly.   Maybe you're listening to mid-centric IEMs or have had trouble getting a good fit but as someone who is used to accurate monitoring,  the P1s are slightly forward in the low and central mids.   More than I would care for in critical listening but perfect for musical enjoyment, IMO.  I respect everyone's tastes but I can't imagine hearing them as quite distant in the mids. 

Jun 2, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #1,423 of 3,265
After my listening tests with them, I also wouldn't call the mids distant.

Jun 2, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #1,424 of 3,265

I hear nothing distant about the P1 mids...to me they anchor the whole sound signature...they don't overpower by being too forward, nor do they take a back seat, to the others. While the treble can be quite forward, I hear the mids as not that forward, and reigning in the treble.

Not distant at all...

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #1,425 of 3,265
  Hardly.   Maybe you're listening to mid-centric IEMs or have had trouble getting a good fit but as someone who is used to accurate monitoring,  the P1s are slightly forward in the low and central mids.   More than I would care for in critical listening but perfect for musical enjoyment, IMO.  I respect everyone's tastes but I can't imagine hearing them as quite distant in the mids. 

After my listening tests with them, I also wouldn't call the mids distant.

I hear nothing distant about the P1 mids...to me they anchor the whole sound signature...they don't overpower by being too forward, nor do they take a back seat, to the others. While the treble can be quite forward, I hear the mids as not that forward, and reigning in the treble.

Not distant at all...

Not distant in terms of presence (i.e not recessed). But in terms of spaciousness/distance from the listener the p1 indeed has above average dimensions. I will say P1 mids are distant sounding in this sense. For example, the FLC8s has less mid presence but still sounds closer to the listener. It is not as spaced out as the P1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back