MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
May 30, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,396 of 3,265
Update: I have just replaced to Comply mid-sized tips. Huge difference from the dual-flange. Getting so much more, better sound separation, mids are dramatically more forward in a positive way. I'm staying with these until proven otherwise. 

May 30, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #1,397 of 3,265
  Update: I have just replaced to Comply mid-sized tips. Huge difference from the dual-flange. Getting so much more, better sound separation, mids are dramatically more forward in a positive way. I'm staying with these until proven otherwise. 

Nice. I'll have to try them. I've never been a huge Comply fan mainly due to me being married with children and never being able to keep a set of IEM's in my ears for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I know it has been said many times in this thread, but I have to run out. What size Comply fit?

May 30, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #1,398 of 3,265
WOW. You guys are awesome! thanks for sharing. 

@nmatheis, @ngoshawk, @Kundi - Do you get the full range with the Comply tips? Thought they tend to tame the treble.

Different strokes for different folks. What one person perceives as extended highs can be perceived as too hot by another.

They do tend the treble a smidge, but I have high end hearing loss, so it doesn't bother me. The control the Comply's give to the sound outweigh the loss.

Same with triple flanges for me. Make P1 sound so smooth!

I found the Sony foam filled Hybrid tips on ebay. They are called Sony noise isolation tips. Kinda pricey, but there you go.

LINK

Good suggestion. I've found those to help out with quite a few IEM in the past. I'll have to throw some on and see what I think.
:beerchug:

May 30, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #1,399 of 3,265

Nice. I'll have to try them. I've never been a huge Comply fan mainly due to me being married with children and never being able to keep a set of IEM's in my ears for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I know it has been said many times in this thread, but I have to run out. What size Comply fit?

According to the accessories list, they come with the T-200s, so any of the 200-sized Comply tips will work.

May 30, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #1,400 of 3,265
My P1's are still breaking in, but I've noticed the that the slightly hot treble seems to have calmed down quite a bit now (around the 24 hour mark). 
As for tips, I'm still experimenting. I have rather large ear canals so the smaller tips don't give me any kind of good seal.
The triple flange tips give me a good seal, but I'm ambivalent about how deep they go into the ear canal and I find them a little fiddly to put on.
The largest single flange tips are a good fit; not quite sure how I feel about the sound.
The large Comply tips fit great; still judging whether they darken the sound too much.

May 30, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #1,401 of 3,265
  My P1's are still breaking in, but I've noticed the that the slightly hot treble seems to have calmed down quite a bit now (around the 24 hour mark). 
As for tips, I'm still experimenting. I have rather large ear canals so the smaller tips don't give me any kind of good seal.
The triple flange tips give me a good seal, but I'm ambivalent about how deep they go into the ear canal and I find them a little fiddly to put on.
The largest single flange tips are a good fit; not quite sure how I feel about the sound.
The large Comply tips fit great; still judging whether they darken the sound too much.

What we need is Comply triple flanges!

May 30, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #1,402 of 3,265
Though I love the low end on the comply tips, they just kill the upper frequencies too much for me to tolerate. I wish the foam didn't extend past the tube because that's where the problem lies. It acts like a high frequency soak.. I'm thinking of trimming that end foam to take it out of the audio path. Is there a longer version of the comply? I think their tubing material is part of the reason for the fantastic low end.

For me, the larger dual flange is the best of the bunch. Highs aren't quite as shimmering as single flange, lows aren't as deep as the comply, but they're easily the best compromise for me.

May 31, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #1,404 of 3,265

Sounds like a good sound upgrade. Will try 'em. Have been using stock single-flange but didn't tip-roll.

May 31, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #1,405 of 3,265
Though I love the low end on the comply tips, they just kill the upper frequencies too much for me to tolerate. I wish the foam didn't extend past the tube because that's where the problem lies. It acts like a high frequency soak.. I'm thinking of trimming that end foam to take it out of the audio path. Is there a longer version of the comply? I think their tubing material is part of the reason for the fantastic low end.

For me, the larger dual flange is the best of the bunch. Highs aren't quite as shimmering as single flange, lows aren't as deep as the comply, but they're easily the best compromise for me.

You can try putting the complys on the nozzle backwards.

May 31, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #1,406 of 3,265

You can try putting the complys on the nozzle backwards.

Hey, that works nicely!  Granted, they do scratch and scrape but I think I can heat up a piece of metal, like a paperclip, and gently run it against the end of the tube to give it a curved edge.
Sound-wise, this might be the closest I've found to ideal.  Bass is "right there" and tight, just like it is when the complys are in normal.  But, the top end now has reach and balance.  It's still not as much as the large dual-flange, but that's not necessarily bad.  The dual flange really lets the bite in the lower-highs come out, whereas the backward Comply still lets the top end be well-represented, but in a forgiving, musical way.

Backwards Comply Mediums FTW!

May 31, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #1,407 of 3,265
Hey, that works nicely!  Granted, they do scratch and scrape but I think I can heat up a piece of metal, like a paperclip, and gently run it against the end of the tube to give it a curved edge.
Sound-wise, this might be the closest I've found to ideal.  Bass is "right there" and tight, just like it is when the complys are in normal.  But, the top end now has reach and balance.  It's still not as much as the large dual-flange, but that's not necessarily bad.  The dual flange really lets the bite in the lower-highs come out, whereas the backward Comply still lets the top end be well-represented, but in a forgiving, musical way.

Backwards Comply Mediums FTW!

Glad it worked out! When my pair of Comply's finally give, I'm going to try that method, and the carefully cut method to see if there is a difference. I will say I am happy as is though. But worth the experiment!

May 31, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #1,410 of 3,265
I was going to ask about this as well because I can see how the cable near the miniature coaxial connector is beginning to "un-twist." (How common is this issue, by the way?)

I used a spot of Supeglue on both side, right out of the connector. This has worked the trick. And I'm not worried about voiding the warranty....if they void it for that, I could see appealing to a higher authority..:I really don't think they would void because of that, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back