MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Sep 18, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #2,926 of 3,265
P1 + Mojo + Fiio X5 - The first time I truly realized how good the Pinnacle P1 are.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #2,927 of 3,265
Can't really find an active thread on the PX, so hope my musing are considered kosher here.

First thing I noticed was the oodles upon oodles of detail. Not just stuff like violin grain and guitar crunch, but also the things that weren't meant to be recorded. Like people talking in the recording session, or the shift of the pedals on my favorite piano pieces.

Initially I used the base silicon tips, but it sounded rather anemic. So I popped on some spiral dots and the bass level rose. "Ok" I thought. "Well, these can be my neutralish IEMs for analyzing music, and my Noble Xs can be my veiled but full bodied enjoyment pair". But after reading some impressions other people had, I tried the tri-flange tips.

Ladies and gents, I think I found my perfect pair. The bass stepped up a notch from the spiral dots and now I find them full bodied but without any bass bleed whatsoever. They still have that wonderful level of detail that wowed me about them in the first place. I am totally satisfied listening to EDM and acoustic pieces.

For the longest while I was considering perhaps getting a CIEM. Something like maybe a Noble Savannah, or an AAW W500, but it seemed that I would have to choose what genres of music I wanted to sound great, and what genres I wanted to sound just OK. Well, between the sound, the isolation and the comfort of my PX, I don't think I have to invest in a CIEM anymore. This may just be my IEM endgame.

Oct 1, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #2,928 of 3,265
Try out the Spinfit Blades. They're a dual-flange but the top part angles like the spinfits. They're absolutely perfect for the P1.

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #2,933 of 3,265
Hi P1/PX users, care sharing what other IEMs you rotate listening with or what have you upgraded to down the line? Also how have you tamed the treble spike on the P1/PX? I just demoed the P1 and like it except one thing - on stock single flange silicon tips the treble isn't piercing but hot, making violins thin-sounding. Cymbals and stuff still sound awesome though. For example do spinfits or spiral dots help? Not keen on comply as my ear wax wears foam out super fast.

Just this and the P1/PX is a winner for me :)

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #2,934 of 3,265
Hi P1/PX users, care sharing what other IEMs you rotate listening with or what have you upgraded to down the line? Also how have you tamed the treble spike on the P1/PX? I just demoed the P1 and like it except one thing - on stock single flange silicon tips the treble isn't piercing but hot, making violins thin-sounding. Cymbals and stuff still sound awesome though. For example do spinfits or spiral dots help? Not keen on comply as my ear wax wears foam out super fast.

What is your source? I have never had a treble spike one with either my P1's nor my new PX which IMHO is a steal at $113!! I use my either on mine with my Opus # 1, C3/Toppings NX1s and even my phone and never get treble spike but then again I like treble:rolling_eyes: And for me as well the music lives in the mids, everything else is filler to compliment:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: As in any audio YMMV:wink: I'm guessing you have tried an array of tips?

MassD Mee PX.JPG

Another of my favorite sources with P1/PX are Shanlings and M5, M2 & M1:beerchug:

Sweet setuP1 M5.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #2,935 of 3,265

After mine got some 40+ hours on them, the treble was mellowed (although it wasn't that bad in the first place). On top of that, I have the Spiral Dots instead of the stock tip, and the P1s sound magnificent. Like Frank's Red Hot, I put those tips on everything. If you're not happy, that would be the first thing I'd try. I don't use spinfits, I've never cared for how they fit -- even the new "blade" ones.

Oct 13, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #2,937 of 3,265
After mine got some 40+ hours on them, the treble was mellowed (although it wasn't that bad in the first place). On top of that, I have the Spiral Dots instead of the stock tip, and the P1s sound magnificent. Like Frank's Red Hot, I put those tips on everything. If you're not happy, that would be the first thing I'd try. I don't use spinfits, I've never cared for how they fit -- even the new "blade" ones.

What's crazy for me is on my P1's I use Lg. Auvio's however on the PX the big dual flange that come with them work better than the Auvio's:confused: Same exact shell, both tips are wide bore:rolling_eyes:

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #2,939 of 3,265
The CA Orion are better in every way - just makes sure you have low impedance source (close to zero)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back