MDR-CD3000 owners what amp do you power them with?
Apr 9, 2010 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

IceClass

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been playing around with my Sony CD3000s a lot lately. Switching them between the various amps I have on hand I'm reminded of what a temperamental and amplifier dependent set of cans these are.
They go from lush on the Woo to harsh on the Aural.

As such, I'm suddenly curious what other CD3000 owners use as amplifiers and what their experiences have been finding the right synergy for these cans.

Apr 10, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 4
Little Dot Dac1/MKVll balanced very dynamic/crystal clear sound,no harshness on the treble.
MAD Ear+HD SE very nice silky smooth sound nearly puts me to sleep.

Used to use them with an Aria was good through them to,I have tried them from Marantz and Pioneer AVR' as well as a few other amps that have lying around and to be perfectly honest they have never sounded bad from any of them.

The only real problem with them is finding an amp where you can use the volume control,most have far to much gain which limits the adjustment to some where in the 7-8position,although I have had it up to the 9 o'clock with the MAD.

Apr 10, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 4
TTVJ 307A and a Singlepower SDS. They really need to have a quiet background though or you'll go insane from the hiss. On the 307A it's got the right balance of warmth along with PRAT, but on the SDS, it's pushing the it to its limit, I pretty much feel every sound against my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back