MD2000 Just came, tears to my eyes.
Sep 13, 2010 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12
I just thought I would write this quick review of my MD(Markl modded)D2000's that just came today.

For little background, I've enjoyed my D2000 for around 2 years now, they have been heavily loved and used. Only just recently have I decided them to get Markl modded, and I defintely didn't regret it. I have tried a few other headphones (AKG, UE) but nothing seemed to stack up.

This won't be very long, I would just like to get across 3 thing.

1. Exceptional gratitude to Mark for doing an absolutely great job on my headphones.

2. These headphones have really taken my d2000's to another level. Most notably the bass in no longer muddied with the midrange, separation is amazing, also the soundstage is noticeably expanded.

3. These really are bringing tears to my eyes, as I close them and just get lost in the music, I may not be able to afford $1000 parts of gear, but I'm so dam satisfied right now.

Now for the emotional part:

Going through my music collection again, I am noticing that almost every song has been bringing a tear to my eyes. The sound that I am hearing is so involving and pristine it's remarkable.

Now I know there are better parts of gear, different sounding gear etc. But when music can literally bring me to my knees, I would say that i'm pretty dam close to perfection.

I will continue upgrading my md2000's much much later, for now it's time to kick back for a few years, expand my music collection and really enjoy it all over again :)

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 12
Congratulations! I am glad you are in such heaven, and thanks for posting!

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #3 of 12
Wow, I might look into this.  $250 I already spent for the Denons, only $130 to uprgrade? 
Do these sound like $380 headphones?  Your post leads me to believe the upgrade is worth every penny.

Sep 14, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 12
Sounds like you're really enjoying them and your money has been well justified. Congratulations
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 12

[size=medium]
Loving them very very much
smily_headphones1.gif
I would definitely recommend this mod to anyone who loves the d2000 sound sig and wants even more from them. 

I think the biggest thing I noticed right off the bat, is that the bass no longer muddies up the rest of the music, but it still remains powerful and accurate.

Still have them on
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
I can't stop.

For some other impressions:

The midrange and treble step up a little bit, closer to what I would assume is neutral, and the relations of treble to mid to bass, are now far more balanced and pleasing. Also I can now pick out where things are coming from, while before it sounded like a wall of sound.

Overall I am extremely pleased, and have cried tears of joy plenty enough for today
smily_headphones1.gif

[/size]

Sep 14, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #6 of 12
Oh congrats~! I have yet found a pair of headphones that makes me do that. But right now, that's my mission now~
biggrin.gif
[Also I'm quite new to being crazy about headphones so thats also a factor :p]

Sep 15, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #7 of 12
The AKG K501 is one of the only phones to really bring on an emotional response for me. Once you experience it, you never want to stop listening.

Quote:
Oh congrats~! I have yet found a pair of headphones that makes me do that. But right now, that's my mission now~
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/biggrin.gif" title="
biggrin.gif
" width="" /> [Also I'm quite new to being crazy about headphones so thats also a factor :p]

Sep 15, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #9 of 12
I have to have low notes in my music. They were just too light on bass impact.

Quote:
I see in your signature they're under the "gone" area. What happened?!

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:
I just thought I would write this quick review of my MD(Markl modded)D2000's that just came today.

This is exactly what this crazy hobby is all about. I'm happy for you man. Enjoy the nirvana. While it lasts... 
devil_face.gif

Sep 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #12 of 12
the denons are truly special headphones and sound awsome!  never heard a modded one,but i get amazed from my stock D5000 for 3 years now so i know what you are talking about.    in fact,I am in audio nirvana as i write this listening to the D5000 through my headroom rig (see sig).
anyway...great for you mate  and keep enjoying the great sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back