MD/VA/DC Regional Meet Sat. July 14th
May 2, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #31 of 227
21st would be the easiest for me.

I will actually be in Pasedena, MD this week on business.

May 4, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #32 of 227
OK, looks like the 21st is going to win....make sure you vote if you care about the date since the poll closes on May 7th. I've looked at a few hotel conference rooms and the best possibility (price and space-wise) is here:

http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/wa...rsity-college/

Which is right next to where I work. Parking is good, there's tons of room to unload cars and doors right by the room, it's cheaper than other options and it's easy to get to from Exit 25 off the beltway.

I'll post more information after we settle on a date on Tuesday.

If people are going to come from far away, let me know so I can look into reserving a block of rooms. Spread the word!

May 6, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #34 of 227
I have really been looking forward to a meet around here, but I will not be in the area after June this summer. Somehow I missed how June was ruled out in favor of July. Sorry I will not get to meet so many of you.

May 6, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #35 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riboge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have really been looking forward to a meet around here, but I will not be in the area after June this summer. Somehow I missed how June was ruled out in favor of July. Sorry I will not get to meet so many of you.

Sorry you won't be in town to make it. I decided on July and not June, because I did not have any weekends free in June. Since I was going to be organising the meet, I figured I ought to have it when I was available. I'll probably plan another one six months from July in January 2008 as well. That's the plan, to have one every 6 months or so. I'm also trying to place it between other large meets (Florida, NY...etc.) so we can get people from out of town to come in (PA, NY....etc.).

Cheers,
Stephen (thrice)

May 6, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #37 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS...One more day to vote for the day. July 21st is winning and we can do that, but a number of people might not make it due to other events...etc. So if you care about the date please vote!

Cheers,
Stephen (thrice)

I voted for the 21st but if it drops to many off compared with the 14th delete one vote for the 21st. Thanks

May 8, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #41 of 227
I think I might be able to make this meet. It would be worth the trek.

May 11, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #43 of 227
Ok, last minute change due to room availability:

[size=x-large]THE MEET WILL BE ON JULY 14TH, NOT JULY 21ST[/size]

I apologise for the change, but the room I wanted/could afford got booked out from under us. There are other rooms available for the 21st, but they are far from parking and getting gear into them would be a royal pain in the ass (you'll understand when you see the facilities).

So July 14th....I will update the first post as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back