MD/VA/DC Meet Impressions thread!
Apr 4, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #46 of 141
I am #5. My impressions are listed earlier.

Apr 4, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #47 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari

dviswa -
not too many Indian's in this hobby so you can be proud to have achieved "Audio Enlightenment" while the rest of our countrymen are still flirting with BOSE
rolleyes.gif
You were enthusiastic and totally going for it at this meet which is always a good thing. I am sure you had fun and it was great to meet you.

gsferrari, It was a pleasure meeting you. I was like a kid in a candy store. I was hearing most of the stuff for the first time. I don't know what's with this bose afflication we all seem to suffer
rolleyes.gif
. Your gear totally rocked.

Again, thrice, thanks a lot.

PS: Good luck on your job hunt.

Apr 4, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #49 of 141
We need some impressions on that American Eagle portable amp... nobody ever says anything about it! And what did people think of the Dynahi? I should be getting mine soon and it would be interesting to hear what people thought.

It looks like everyone had a great time.
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #50 of 141
[size=small]
Inquiring minds would like to know: Has anyone done any detailed comparisons of the Qualia's and the SA5000?
[/size]

Apr 4, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #51 of 141
[size=medium]How did the SLAM sound? Where does the sound fit in with the PPX3 and the MPX3? It looks like you guys had a nice meet with loads of fun.[/size]
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #53 of 141
Any more impressions of the RS-1's or comparisons between it and other cans?

Apr 4, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #54 of 141
Look like a great meet. Just one question: good time had by all?

Apr 4, 2005 at 2:52 PM Post #58 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Look like a great meet. Just one question: good time had by all?

We sure did. Thanks Thrice for letting us take over the house again. Thanks to Stevieo who kicked his wife out of the house so immtbiker and I could stay over and blast the stereo into the late hours of the night.
biggrin.gif

Didn't do a whole lot of listening but there were some interesting things to check out such as the new Headamp AE-1 portable and GS-1 amp, the new Singlepower solid state amp and PPX3 SLAM, and of course the mystery Ergo phones.

It was fun to see all of you again. I have a few gear impressions that I'll post later.

Apr 4, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #59 of 141
Whoa, I'm still processing everything I saw there. It was my first meet, and I was kinda overwhelmed by the smorgasbord of gear on display. Plus those moments of sheer panic when I couldn't disengage my Acoustic Zen locking connectors from tkam's Music Hall!
600smile.gif
I'll post more tonight after my brain settles down.

Apr 4, 2005 at 5:07 PM Post #60 of 141
Hey, did anyone get a chance to hear the SA5000s with the Headamp GS-1? What did you think? I didn't get to listen to this combo at the meet.

Did anyone hear the SA5000 with the M3 (M Cubed?)?

All I heard the SA5000s off of was the Veda Dynahi SA, which was a really good match I thought.

I'm asking because the Dynahi is a little out of my price range (even the ES). I'm considering a combo consisting of the SA5000 + Gilmore Lite or M3.

Thanks for any opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back