May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013
Feb 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #62 of 461
^^ Goddang it...you know I can't get rid of that right? 
mad.gif

It' expires at midnight, so after I fix it, people'll be able to choose as many as they want then. Go wild.

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #64 of 461
I'm still tentatively on board for the Van Isle meet. Long enough lead time on the Vancouver meet, that I might be able to swing that too.

Also gives me plenty of time to order something sexy and aftermarket-y for the LCD2. And more tubes. And a toslink cable. I'm sorry, Wallet.

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #67 of 461
^^^
You have both?
That's just not fair. 
frown.gif

I might have some vegan pads ordered for the meet, so would love to try them on the LCD-3. What do you think of the Gungrir? Haven't had a chance to evaluate it fairly.

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #69 of 461
Uhh... Pads are a one-go because the adhesive can't be reattached. They say vegan pads take away some bass...

I don't like commenting on DACs, and I don't have other DACs to draw comparisons with so... I'll leave it to your ears at the meet or my house or another occasion where it's possible to have good listening conditions.

HD800 coming in 2-3 weeks.
Quote:
^^^
You have both?
That's just not fair. 
frown.gif

I might have some vegan pads ordered for the meet, so would love to try them on the LCD-3. What do you think of the Gungrir? Haven't had a chance to evaluate it fairly.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #70 of 461
Quote:
Uhh... Pads are a one-go because the adhesive can't be reattached. They say vegan pads take away some bass...

I don't like commenting on DACs, and I don't have other DACs to draw comparisons with so... I'll leave it to your ears at the meet or my house or another occasion where it's possible to have good listening conditions.

HD800 coming in 2-3 weeks.

Ah, have velcro mods on my so pads are ABable quite nicely. (Still very secure). Forgot about the normies...

Sigh I need a replacement DAC like I need another hole in my head. 

HD800 + M^3 = immense.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #71 of 461
Okay. Would you like to buy me new LCD3 pads if you're going to rip mine out? :p
Quote:
Ah, have velcro mods on my so pads are ABable quite nicely. (Still very secure). Forgot about the normies...

Sigh I need a replacement DAC like I need another hole in my head. 

HD800 + M^3 = immense.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #72 of 461
^^ Only if I can get you to blow them up  listen to them through a 500W 50W speaker amp. Then we'd be even.
Did I mention I was going to bring the 50W Emotiva?

Or DHC demo, whichever works.

Velcro mods are really nice actually, since I can take the pads off now to get them wiped/cleaned easier.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #73 of 461
I won't bother bringing my LCD's as they are the lowly first gen ones but my hm801 should be here in the next few days so will bring that along with my CLAS set up so folks can compare.
The TU-05 has now for me the definitive combo of tubes with vintage mullards in the power section and ultra rare (and we are talking hens teeth rare) Stuttgart made NOS Lorenz's in the voltage gain stage so there is a lovely combo of weight and air so wil bring that along as well. Should have some 24/96 tunes by then as well!

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #74 of 461
Quote:
I won't bother bringing my LCD's as they are the lowly first gen ones but my hm801 should be here in the next few days so will bring that along with my CLAS set up so folks can compare.
The TU-05 has now for me the definitive combo of tubes with vintage mullards in the power section and ultra rare (and we are talking hens teeth rare) Stuttgart made NOS Lorenz's in the voltage gain stage so there is a lovely combo of weight and air so wil bring that along as well. Should have some 24/96 tunes by then as well!

Omg how in the world did you manage to get yourself a Lorenz Stuttgart?!?!?!?!?!?

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #75 of 461
Omg how in the world did you manage to get yourself a Lorenz Stuttgart?!?!?!?!?!?

You know, it was just one of those timing things. I had been reading about the ones made in Stuggart and decided to do a search and low and behold an Italian ebayer seller had two for sale.
I emailed him to ascertain they were indeed the Stuggart made ones, he confirmed and my pay pal payment was with him in seconds! They are the quietes tubes I have, black plates and the sound is sublime! I may have found another pair of power tube ones I am just ascertaining they are indeed Stuggart.

Everything written abut these tubes is accurate, they dig out detail and yet are so musical and smooth, just wonderful tubes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back