May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013
Feb 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #31 of 461
April/May for me.

Ian: how's that new tube amp of yours so far?

Very impressive! It has great resolution and in some ways is not like a tube amp but is if that makes sense! I have been tube rolling a great deal and really enjoying the not insignificant differences varying brands of tubes make to its sonic make up.

He really uses top quality components in this amp and is shows, can't wait to for you to hear it with the PF's!

The only thing is it is making me want to sell or trade the LCD's for something else as I am not enjoying them as much anymore. I feel some Japanese esoterica would be a better match with this amp. Its just the amp shows the flaws in the LCD's!

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #32 of 461
Quote:
Very impressive! It has great resolution and in some ways is not like a tube amp but is if that makes sense! I have been tube rolling a great deal and really enjoying the not insignificant differences varying brands of tubes make to its sonic make up.

He really uses top quality components in this amp and is shows, can't wait to for you to hear it with the PF's!

The only thing is it is making me want to sell or trade the LCD's for something else as I am not enjoying them as much anymore. I feel some Japanese esoterica would be a better match with this amp. Its just the amp shows the flaws in the LCD's!

Ahh Ian, I must try that amp and your FAD Piano Forte... I'm most likely going to head over to headphonebar sometime next week/two weeks to meet up with another member because we piggybacked shipping on cables. Maybe if time works out, I can finally try both out? 

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #33 of 461
Also, cmon Twin! Lets get some info going in this event! Or maybe you started this thread too early 
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #34 of 461
Quote:
Also, cmon Twin! Lets get some info going in this event! Or maybe you started this thread too early 
biggrin.gif

Sorry about that, haven't been on this week. And due to personal/family issues, will be on a plane Saturday, probably won't be back until the week after next (~4th). Sorry again if I don't check my PMs or emails.

Have been trying to get a place for the Van Island meet, luckily a friend's decided to rent a place out near Victoria for the end of March, and he's agreed to lend us the space during a weekend! He's still picking out the particular place, so I'll keep anyone interested in the Van Island meet posted on that.

For the Vancouver place, seems like most are saying April right now, so when I get back, will call the place inline suggested (or if someone wants to call ahead, that's fine as well). Again, when I get back, I'll be confirming the attendee list right away. For those who can't make it April and would prefer summer, I have way too much free time then, so could start a mini-meet for that anytime.

Quote:

TH900? Fantastic phones, right on the cutting edge of esoterica (in sound sig and in looks)

Also see a bunch of similar gear on your sig (eQ-5, LCD-2, ER4P). I'll be walking to the meet, so let me know what you're bringing in case we have duplicates (it's fine if we do, just that my poor back probably can't stand the weight - barely could the last meet).

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #35 of 461
Ahh Ian, I must try that amp and your FAD Piano Forte... I'm most likely going to head over to headphonebar sometime next week/two weeks to meet up with another member because we piggybacked shipping on cables. Maybe if time works out, I can finally try both out? 

I am up for that, just shoot me a PM when you know!

Sorry about that, haven't been on this week. And due to personal/family issues, will be on a plane Saturday, probably won't be back until the week after next (~4th). Sorry again if I don't check my PMs or emails.

Have been trying to get a place for the Van Island meet, luckily a friend's decided to rent a place out near Victoria for the end of March, and he's agreed to lend us the space during a weekend! He's still picking out the particular place, so I'll keep anyone interested in the Van Island meet posted on that.

For the Vancouver place, seems like most are saying April right now, so when I get back, will call the place inline suggested (or if someone wants to call ahead, that's fine as well). Again, when I get back, I'll be confirming the attendee list right away. For those who can't make it April and would prefer summer, I have way too much free time then, so could start a mini-meet for that anytime.

TH900? Fantastic phones, right on the cutting edge of esoterica (in sound sig and in looks)

Also see a bunch of similar gear on your sig (eQ-5, LCD-2, ER4P). I'll be walking to the meet, so let me know what you're bringing in case we have duplicates (it's fine if we do, just that my poor back probably can't stand the weight - barely could the last meet).

Thanks for the thoughts on the TH900, will check that out. I will probably just bring my amp/PF's and source to the meet as I don't think anyone else has those.. Keep your fingers crossed, I should have by then an HM-801 as a new source. I was thinking of the new model but from what I am reading I think I will prefer the old one..

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #36 of 461
^^ Good to hear (well not for my back though). Every time I end up backpacking two nasty bricks- err I mean amps and a headphone of choice. Don't think I could bring any more than that, which is a crying shame.

Also going to check in tomorrow so might as well try and narrow down the date for the mainland meet. I'm fine through the entire last week of March, would prefer a Saturday during April though. Would be much appreciated if the people interested in going could post your preferred/available timeslots (preferably as specific as possible)  so I know which date to rent out the room for.

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #37 of 461
Hopefully the meet will be later than mid April. Ill be back by then for sure since I have another job for march in Sask. 
Ill be bringing :
- Mjolnir
- Gungnir
- LCD3 (new)
- HD800 (new)
- Assorted cables from DHC and Chris Himself
- Triad L3 (newest version)
- Triad LLP

Unfortunately my Tralucent 1Plus2 demo pair will be gone by then but hopefully toads will join us to let everyone hear how glorious they sound. 

Thanks planx for agreeing to give me a ride again. 

Ian I still need to give your Piano Fortes another good long session in good listening conditions so I can post about them! They seem so unique and astonishingly good on some recordings and genres. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #38 of 461
Hopefully the meet will be later than mid April. Ill be back by then for sure since I have another job for march in Sask. 
Ill be bringing :
- Mjolnir
- Gungnir
- LCD3 (new)
- HD800 (new)
- Triad LLP

Unfortunately my Tralucent 1Plus2 demo pair will be gone by then but hopefully toads will join us to let everyone hear how glorious they sound. 

Ian I still need to give your Piano Fortes another good long session in good listening conditions so I can post about them! They seem so unique and astonishingly good on some recordings and genres. 

Looking forward to you hearing them again. I must admit once you get used to how they deliver music there is no genre that they are not good at and pair with this tube amp....Wow! Hopefully I will have the HiFiman by then as well.

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #39 of 461
Quote:
Ill be bringing :
- Mjolnir
- Gungnir
- LCD3 (new)
- HD800 (new)
- Triad LLP

Whadda... THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR MAN... Unless we drive your soon-to-be M3

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #43 of 461
yo GG, what do you do for a living man?

I want a job that allows me to own all that gear :D

Having met him I would tell you but I would then have to die :cool: :eek:

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #44 of 461
Oh yes, my new DAP should be here by the end of the week and I can't wait so I will bring it along! Oh yes, its the HiFiman HM-801, managed to score one of the last remaining new ones for sale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back