May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013
Feb 11, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #17 of 461
Quote:
Uhh, when will this take place? Within a month I should have the HE-500 and maybe another goodie. If it's not a huge meet, I'm not bringing my Marantz again... 

Most likely a big meet. Time is still uncertain, but for the one in Vancouver, it'd be between the June-September timeframe (with a emphasis around September). Depending on whether or not the Van Island one will work (I've called in on some friends and family there, and sad to say I'm not making too much headway in this department). If not, the spring break timeframe will be let open as well. 

Quote:
From looking at the TF10, you're Travis' worker?

You met Tobias? Wait, did they get the store renovated yet?
Quote:
Depending where and when, I may be game. I have some Schiit too (Lyr and Bifrost), and an LCD2r2 on order. But my free time is also a little bit sad right now.

Ooh, if you can came, would love to compare LCD-2s with you.

Quote:
I'd be interested, just got into headphones and bought the Magni and DT770 32 OHM Anniversary Edition which I can bring
Nothing too expensive like you guys, but it what I have for now
Off topic, but anyone here willing to sell a pair of HE-400s? 
L3000.gif

I haven't met anyone with the Magni, nor does Headphone Bar stock them from the looks of their website. 
Also, if I get my HE-6 in before the meet, we can talk about those HE-400s 
wink.gif

FYI, if I can get at least 10 people confirmed for the Vancouver one, and people give a good idea about when they might be free, I'll set a date, and update the OP for an attendee list.

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #18 of 461
I'd say Reading week would be the best?

If its on reading break(spring break) I would love to be at Vancouver meeting

I can bring my Ultrasone SDJ and Edition 8 and some other earphones

also I would like to attend summer meeting as well

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #19 of 461
Quote:
I'd say Reading week would be the best?

If its on reading break(spring break) I would love to be at Vancouver meeting

I can bring my Ultrasone SDJ and Edition 8 and some other earphones

also I would like to attend summer meeting as well

It's either spring or summer at this point, most likely summer though. Do you still have the T90s though?

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #20 of 461
lol I'm on reading break now. Ya, I met Tobias a few times, just never caught him on HF yet. I'm really having a hard time with HF stuff lately. No money son!

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #22 of 461
Quote:
lol I'm on reading break now. Ya, I met Tobias a few times, just never caught him on HF yet. I'm really having a hard time with HF stuff lately. No money son!

I've never seen him on here, apart from the cable testing thread thing from a few years ago (and the weird part is that I remembered it, and weirder that it was his thread from the start). He says I found it after profile stalking, but I genuinely just remember that thread and avatar from memory...it's uncanny. Actually freaking me out when I think about it. Too late at night.

Still weird how that happens.

Anyways forgot to mention, last time was hosted by Travis and Headphone Bar, and the turnout was fantastic. He did such a stand out job with the meeting place. I think it would be rather imprudent if we made him go through the whole ordeal again. Hopefully the community here is vibrant enough that we can make this happen through our own efforts, and we can return Travis the favour by holding the meet ourselves this time.

So on that note, I will try calling a few community centers next week to find out any rooms available for March-April and June-September. If I don't have to end up selling my DAC1 to pay for the costs, we're gold. Other suggestions would be reserving a library room, or something along the likes of that. If anyone has any ideas on where to start, that would be great. 

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #23 of 461
Putting it together isn't difficult.  Getting everyone to agree on a date is.
tongue_smile.gif

I'd suggest a Vancouver Community Centre with good skytrain access for the car-less, and free parking for the car-bound.  That's also harder than it sounds.

As an example, the recently re-built Trout Lake Community Centre is a decent location, a nice stroll from Nanaimo Station, and has a big parking lot.  Their smaller rooms are $20/hr, so if we booked 3hrs and had 10ppl, we'd just have to pitch in $6-7each.  All the normal restrictions apply: no commercial activity, no admission fee, but that doesn't mean a bunch of head phone geeks can't pitch in on the rental fee and buy/sell/trade audio gear between each other.

http://troutlakecc.com/facilities-and-rentals/room-rentals/

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #24 of 461
^^ Did you try calling them, or should I call in today to see if they have a free space around that time (not so much a worry if it was during the Summer, but just in case demand for something more recent comes up). I wouldn't set anything in stone though since we're not sure about the number of attendees, whether or not the small rooms would be large enough. Overall the facilities seem quite nice, for the Skytrain people you also get to walk past HB, and it's closer if you're coming from the Burnaby/Coquitlam area than most places. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #27 of 461
I'm more then game for a march/april Vancouver Island meet; i could make it to van too.

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #28 of 461
I am up for it in the March April time. I aim to be back living in Europe before the year is out though.

I can bring along amps: SR71-B, Analog Squared Paper TU-05 tube amp.. Source: CLAS/Classic...Headphones: Final Audio Design Heaven S/ Piano Forte IX and LCD2 Rev1 ( though I am thinking about trading those for another headphone so they may be gone by then.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back