Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Jul 12, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #18 of 98
Quote:
I just stumbled upon this thread...so does anyone know how much this will cost and when its coming out?

From the other thread:
Quote:
A1 will be priced at $199 for Chinese 6J1 tube. We will also have the unit with 2 matched NOS Tung-Sol 6AK5 tube for $239

I believe Ryan is currently aiming for a release near the end of this month.

Edit: Damn you Spanky, are you F5ing this thread? :)

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #21 of 98
So, sorry for my ignorance, this is just an amp. Right?
No dac included, so i guess that is a better amp than the D1?

Am i right? Because i'm looking for an amp (i'm planning to but a pair of DT880 600) and i never had one in my life (same for a dac).

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #22 of 98
The D1 is a dac & amp, but the headphone out doen't use the tube.
The A1 is an amp with a headhpone out using the tubes

So they are complementary :)

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #24 of 98
The A1 is a dedicated tube headphone amp and power hybrid amp all in one box. The headphone amp section of it should be higher quality than the one in the D1, Ryan has said it is better. That said, whenever you buy a product you have to think of all the features and part of the cost of the A1 is it's power amp section so it's not a $200 tube headphone amp. I would suggest getting dedicated sepearate units, that's what I'm going to be moving towards. With all that said, the D1 and A1 are designed to have a good synergy between them but IMO, if you're not going to use the headphone amp (or any other features of the D1), your money is a bit wasted. The D1 is great as a foot in the door product. You can buy it and then down the road buy a quality tube amp and connect it to the D1, it's flexibility is what makes it great.

If you guys don't mind, try to keep the discussions in the discussion thread :) There's links at the top of the FAQ and discussion threads.

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #28 of 98
Attention everyone, this is a very important message for anyone trying to get to the Maverick Audio website. I just got an e-mail from Ryan saying the following:

Quote:
About 6 hours ago, I found I forgot to renew my domain name of mavaudio.com, and the domain name has been taken over by third party.
I have been working since then, and put up a backup web site: www.mav-audio.com, everything is working properly through this backup site.

This means that any e-mail chat you have going with Ryan will have to continue with a new e-mail on the site http://www.mav-audio.com/base/support Ryan will try to get the old domain back but, for now, use the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back