Matrix X-SPDIF 2 - a Singxer SU-1 killer?
Jul 18, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #93 of 306
It may be a copyright issue too with SONY, I think you need to pay more to get native DSD out directly from a transport. . For now DSD - PCM then to DSD again on the PS audio DAC?, just not good enough; USB to I2S however is easier, using DDC converters but then is limited to 2 Channel.

Aug 21, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #102 of 306
I'm looking for a I2S to USB converter for my X-Sabre Pro. Does this trump the Singxer SU-1? I've read that the Accusilicon clocks aren't the best. Also I've read that DDCs degrade the signal when converting the DSD. Any thoughts on this?

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #103 of 306
I'm looking for a I2S to USB converter for my X-Sabre Pro. Does this trump the Singxer SU-1? I've read that the Accusilicon clocks aren't the best. Also I've read that DDCs degrade the signal when converting the DSD. Any thoughts on this?

I don't know if I'd call it a huge margin, but the X-SPDIF 2 does outperform the Singxer SU-1 by a noticeable amount when using a good external PSU. On stock USB power it's roughly on par with the SU-1.

Not sure who claims the Accusilicon clocks aren't quality.... they are "Femto" clocks and their specs are excellent.

The only issue I run in to with this (and most other) DDCs is when playing DSD, you are typically limited somewhat. Not only by the output (in the case of the Matrix, DSD64) but also the input on whichever DAC you are using. A few devices handle DSD128 via DoP but many are limited to DSD64. Still, not a huge deal in my book.

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #105 of 306
I don't know if I'd call it a huge margin, but the X-SPDIF 2 does outperform the Singxer SU-1 by a noticeable amount when using a good external PSU. On stock USB power it's roughly on par with the SU-1.

Not sure who claims the Accusilicon clocks aren't quality.... they are "Femto" clocks and their specs are excellent.

The only issue I run in to with this (and most other) DDCs is when playing DSD, you are typically limited somewhat. Not only by the output (in the case of the Matrix, DSD64) but also the input on whichever DAC you are using. A few devices handle DSD128 via DoP but many are limited to DSD64. Still, not a huge deal in my book.
Oh I thought the Matrix can do native DSD 256, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back