Matrix X-SPDIF 2 - a Singxer SU-1 killer?
Oct 5, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #271 of 306
Yep, still use it regularly powered by the Keces P8 at 5V. Never an issue, sound is superb.
I am wondering if I use the Keces P8 to power my JCAT USB XE card if I get better sound than straight from keces(usb out 5V/1A)

Oct 17, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #273 of 306
Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #274 of 306
Nov 7, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #275 of 306
If I have 3 dacs connected to the Matrix Spdif2.

1. Coax rme dac fs
2. Optical Chord tt2
3. I2s R8HE mk2

Should I turn on the MCLK dip switch?

Dec 1, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #276 of 306
Köp en streamer och ge upp att använda din dator som källa. X-SPDIF 2 gav mig blå skärmar i något skede, men eftersom jag har lagt till en iFi Zen Stream, går det som en dröm. Jag vet inte ens att den finns där, både den och Stream är alltid på och har aldrig missat ett slag. Eftersom jag använder I2S-ingången på min Venus II förblir USB-ingången tillgänglig för datorn. Ljudkvalitetsmässigt är uppgraderingen från PC till Stream plus SPDIF-2 slående i Audirvana och Roon.
Intressant! Jag har en iFi Zen Stream ansluten via USB till min DAC, SMSL SU-10. Skulle en X-SPDF 2 med I2S-anslutning till DAC:n ge ett ljudlyft tror du?
Buy a streamer and give up on using your PC as a source. The X-SPDIF 2 was giving me blue screens at some stage but since I have added an iFi Zen Stream, it runs like a dream. I don't even know it's there, both it and the Stream are always on and never missed a beat. As I'm using the I2S input of my Venus II, the USB input remains available for the PC. Sound quality wise, the upgrade from PC to the Stream plus SPDIF-2 is striking in Audirvana and Roon.
Interesting! I have an iFi Zen Stream connected via USB to my DAC, the SMSL SU-10. Would an X-SPDF 2 with I2S connection to the DAC give a sound lift do you think?

Dec 2, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #277 of 306
Intressant! Jag har en iFi Zen Stream ansluten via USB till min DAC, SMSL SU-10. Skulle en X-SPDF 2 med I2S-anslutning till DAC:n ge ett ljudlyft tror du?

Interesting! I have an iFi Zen Stream connected via USB to my DAC, the SMSL SU-10. Would an X-SPDF 2 with I2S connection to the DAC give a sound lift do you think?
It depends on the DAC. Always a good idea to use the best available input. For Denafrips I believe I2S is the best, but YMMV with other gear.

Dec 2, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #278 of 306

If you have a really noise/bad old motherboard or laptop. Then get a ddc.

If you have a modern motherboard that is optimized for audio, then try/compare with DDC.

Try SPDIF/COAX out of your Zen Stream into your SMSL. I think you will have a better performance/quality.

If you decide to buy DDC you should look for DI20 br audio-gd.

I bought Matrix spdif2 only because the TT2 has the worst USB drivers. So Im using optical now with better/clearer results. Dont use optical input unless your DAC has the latest optimized tech for it.

Dec 2, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #279 of 306
https://www.matrix-digi.com/product/82/X-SPDIF3
-better noise isolation on iis lvds
-supports up to 12V DC
Hello,
I had an Ifi Zen Stream. My dac is an Ares II.
The sound was great. Much better than Node 2021 + Ares II.
But I had a lot of problems with Zen Stream. So I returned it after 14 days.
Now I'm thinking whether to take a good streamer, or let's say this X-SPDIF-3? And to connect this DDC with some kind of Rasp4...

regards,
Simon

Dec 23, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #281 of 306
Any reviews for X-SPDIF 3 yet? I'm thinking to upgrade from the second version. Need a DDC to clean up my computer's USB output.
Just to say, I got an Audiolab 6000 and it sounds an appreciable bit better than matrix spdif with dc2 power supply… in my circumstance….. so I wonder how much of an improvement it makes….

Dec 23, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #282 of 306
Just to say, I got an Audiolab 6000 and it sounds an appreciable bit better than matrix spdif with dc2 power supply… in my circumstance….. so I wonder how much of an improvement it makes….
I am already using a Zen Stream and the X-SPDIF 2 with my DAC but since the PC is also connected to my Venus II, I was thinking to buy the 3rd version DDC from Matrix and switch the current one to the PC. The PC is good for video play and what not but the DDC makes a huge difference when playing Qobuz for instance. From what I read, X_SPDIF 3 improves the I2S even further, quite keen to find out about that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back