Matrix X-SPDIF 2 - a Singxer SU-1 killer?
Mar 1, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #181 of 306
Anyone can compare Matrix X-SPDIF 2 to M2Tech Hiface Evo 2?
I has Singxer Su-1 but ive change it to Evo2.

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #186 of 306
I have not really messed with different cables for HDMI/I2S. Just been using a rather cheap Pangea cable that was under $20, and I'm happy with performance. Not sure if moving up higher would make a worthwhile difference or what. WireWorld makes nice stuff in general but can't comment specifically in this case.

Apr 28, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #187 of 306
Awesome. Any hdmi cable recommendations for the I2S?
I am using one of these Moshou HDMI as an i2s cable and works well (0.5M). I believe this is the model recommended by some guys at the Audio-GD DI-20 thread. My guess, evolved through at least 6 years i2s experience, is that as long as the cable has basically good construction, meets the HDMI spec, and is short (0.6M or shorter), then sound quality will not be significantly compromised. I also have and had some higher end Wireworld models (one in another system currently), Silversonic, etc. but do not feel the need to even test for differences at this time as the Moshou seems to me to be doing a great job. Since you may need it quicker, note I have often picked-up an older WW version very cheap.. my guess is the short lengths are relatively more difficult for them to blow-out when the model changes. Be careful on checking the flexibility required, and generally it is not recommended to attach/detach i2s connections while either of the send-receive devices are powered up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moshou-Ent...var=502838276291&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Apr 29, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #188 of 306
I am using one of these Moshou HDMI as an i2s cable and works well (0.5M). I believe this is the model recommended by some guys at the Audio-GD DI-20 thread. My guess, evolved through at least 6 years i2s experience, is that as long as the cable has basically good construction, meets the HDMI spec, and is short (0.6M or shorter), then sound quality will not be significantly compromised. I also have and had some higher end Wireworld models (one in another system currently), Silversonic, etc. but do not feel the need to even test for differences at this time as the Moshou seems to me to be doing a great job. Since you may need it quicker, note I have often picked-up an older WW version very cheap.. my guess is the short lengths are relatively more difficult for them to blow-out when the model changes. Be careful on checking the flexibility required, and generally it is not recommended to attach/detach i2s connections while either of the send-receive devices are powered up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moshou-Enthusiast-HDMI-2-0-Cable-4K-60Hz-18Gbs-High-Quality-Silver-Plated-Core/202712850056?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=502838276291&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I see, so considering proper construction, just making sure that it is .6m or shorter is all that is needed? I planned on getting a 1m cable.

May 1, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #190 of 306
So I just got this and am using a split USB cable, with the power part into a LPS and the Data leg plugged into my PC via the Matrix Audio Element H and honestly, I'm impressed. I was doubtful of how big of a difference this would make in my system but once I started up some tracks that I am very familiar with, I knew it's not just some kind of placebo. The sound I'm getting is so much more defined, a bit more holographic, and slightly more dynamic. Prior to this, I was considering getting a dedicated transport but those can get quite pricey. I think this will be more than enough for me for a while.

May 2, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #191 of 306
I do have one question, does anyone have trouble listening to pcm over the xspdif? When I listen to anything DSD or DoP, it sounds fine but if I use PCM it sounds like it's clipping when it gets loud.

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #192 of 306
How's everyone doing with their Xspdif2 ?
I'm still using mine and love it.
I recently bought a blue sound node 2i for a secondary system (my old system in the basement ) and was thoroughly impressed with it. I decided to try it in my main system setup basically bypassing computer and Xspdif2 in yggdrasil A2 . Although it was pretty damn good and impressive it was still no match for the Xspdif2..
This wonderful little machine gives such a black background with amazing details that the volume can just keep going up and up with absolute zero listening fatigue..
Hope everyone is doing great and enjoying their music..

Nov 29, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #193 of 306
I have matrix audio X-Sabre (1st gen) dac and X-SPDIF2 connected by AES cable, playback from Macbook. Regarding MCLK switch on X-SPDIF2, I am not sure if I should turn MCLK to "ON" or "OFF" position, please help. Thank you.

X-SPDIF2.jpg

Nov 30, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #194 of 306
I have matrix audio X-Sabre (1st gen) dac and X-SPDIF2 connected by AES cable, playback from Macbook. Regarding MCLK switch on X-SPDIF2, I am not sure if I should turn MCLK to "ON" or "OFF" position, please help. Thank you.

X-SPDIF2.jpg
Just got quick response from Matrix Audio:
"No matter where the position you turned MCLK to "ON" or "OFF", it has no effect for the X-Sabre (1st gen) DAC, as this DAC is only an asynchronous mode. "

X-Spdif2 sounds amazing in my system, with its low noice floor, I can easily hear more details, decay is more apparent, more analog sounding, loving it.

Dec 16, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #195 of 306
Compare to Eitr. Is the price/performance worth it?

Compared to Eitr it has optical output, so much more useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back