Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro
Jan 13, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #16 of 520
Mine came 8 days ago. I prefer Sync Mode with SU-1 so far.
The burn-in of the internal clocks of X-Sabre Pro might be insufficient.
Linux kernel supports DSD native as a default. DSD512 native could be played from USB input.

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #20 of 520
Might be February. Coming from HK or China. Running a gustard x20u currently. I didn't realize matrix USA was only 30 miles from me before I committed to my order

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #22 of 520
The reason I asked is -- I know for a fact that Matrix USA is the sole distributor for all products over $999 outside of China and South Korea. Wherever that purchase was made or whomever it was made from is considered to be a grey area seller if you're indeed in the NYC area. I'd report the seller to Matrix USA or to their global site. I imagine that the seller will be in deep trouble too..... as they should be for trying to skirt their policies
I think I'll let this slide.. I got the pre order price.. they forgot to update website. Ordered Friday hah

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #24 of 520
Matrix Audio USA is the official representative in North America. We carry all the product lines, but are the exclusive distributor (in North America only) for these new top of the line X-series models. These premium (more expensive) products require greater control on where and who sells them to ensure customers receive the best possible support and to make sure Matrix's reputation is upheld.

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #25 of 520
Hi Darius

This X-Sabre Pro is top ! under some circumstances.

Compared with L:K:S: wich i like very much;

1- >>> Presence of music. More complex layer, more small details and more meet , wich gives a more relax presentation as everything looks so natural and amazingly sonic. XXXXX !

2- More complex to work with, as most of functions you have to switch it down  to get the menu !!! stupid I think ! you can not switch filters in a A/B comparation! 
Stop the machine, get the filter and reboot again… This looks from 15th century. Please let me know if i´m stupid about this.

3- And the most revealing thing is that you only get  (n. 1)  if you work with the X Sabe Pro on DAC mode ! on PRE mode is not the same. PRE not so good ???

And I have a question : all DSD  Native files that I listen are all marked DOP on the screen and I wonder why ??? I have a MAC and need to create Hybrid DSD : 1 hybrid  for Itunes and another for BIT Perfect. Do you know this subject ?

Optic Cable is fine.

How is Gustard by comparation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back