Matching your outfit with your phones.
May 20, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #2 of 14
I'm sure he thinks he's the bee's knees but it upsets me; to know humans care more about their looks just on the off chance someone looks at them, rather than 'does the music sound good', 'is this an enjoyable listen'.

Rambling now but I had this idea the other week (when I saw over a dozen white cars lined up at the intersection) where everyone dresses the same; such as police wear the same uniform and drive the same looking vehicles, office folk wear black and drive black cars, medical professionals wear green and drive green cars and so on. A unilateral structure for the human being; red means stop, green means go.

May 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
(when I saw over a dozen white cars lined up at the intersection)

wow.  12 smart people all in one spot like that.  how rare! 
wink.gif

ya see, graphicism, i drive a white car.  'cuz the paint is more reflective, thus the car doesn't get too hot on a summer day.
living in florida, you should know a thing or two about the heat. 
biggrin.gif
  hahaha.

May 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 14
Hey, now... I have a shirt that matches my headphones perfectly... My friends and I had shirts made that have an image that we made on them, and I had that same image put on my remolded TF10s. It was funny to wear them on the same day.

May 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #8 of 14
This reminds me of my friend, actually. Before, she wanted to buy a new pair of headphones. Now, I didn't really know a lot about headphones, but I offered to read up for her so I could give her my recommendations. I asked her if she had any prospects in mind and she said she was thinking of getting Skullcandies. She knew I didn't approve so I asked her why she wanted them and she said, "Well, my Mac has a green wallpaper, I just bought a green sleeve for it so I want green headphones to match. They sound the same to me."

And I couldn't say anything.

Edit: Okay, to have something to do with outfits, there was a time my brother asked me to look for a pair of earphones for him. I asked him what price range, etc etc and he said "Get me something that matches my clothes." [---> and he said this to someone without fashion sense... :| ]

May 22, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #11 of 14
Yeah, I get the "So, were you trying to match your headphones with your iPod?" fairly often, since I have the Ultrasone DJ1-Pro. I also don't own an iPod (or at least not anymore, and mine wasn't white)...

My actual opinion on the subject? Who cares what others wear. They aren't hurting *you* by dressing like a Hypebeast with matching 'phones. Unless you're prone to seizures from slow moving bright colours, then please disregard my previous statement.

May 23, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #14 of 14
Black goes with everything. Silver too, more or less (maybe if you had a gold ring - but I have a silver one and I only wear silver/silver coloured cufflinks). As does 'clear' (IEMs).

Effortless! My headphones always match my clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back