Masters & Dynamics MW75 New Headphones
Jul 26, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #16 of 275
Curious to see what the upcoming T&A Solitaire T will look like from the inside :see_no_evil:

I wouldn't hope for a particularly novel design. Smaller companies like this most likely have to resort to more off the shelf / OEM parts and designs than companies like Apple with the AirPods Max (which is filled to the brim with novel, bespoke components).
The earcup's front volume, for a start, is rather standard per the FCC filing as well :
https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2A4CASOLITAIRET/5856413
The ML5909 and Solitaire T are expensive less because of what's inside than because of the brands' deliberate decisions to position them a certain way.

Jul 26, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #17 of 275
The ML5909 wasn't filled with $999 worth of electronics / parts to begin with anyway. It's a rather run of the mill ANC design of the kind you'll see plenty of at the $399 mark (Qualcomm chip, 3 mics per cups, lots of of the shelf electronics, etc.). https://fccid.io/APIMLNO5909/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-5540035

Funny enough, the main boards are called "ML75"... like Mark Levinson (N°5909) (Master & Dynamic MW)75 😁

Aug 14, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #19 of 275
Hey guys! Just wondering if any of you had impressions on the MW75's? Reviews and impressions are scarce for these. Thank you!

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #20 of 275
4A0E17C0-C94F-4BFC-AAB7-6D074AC10390.jpeg

Just received my MW75 in the mail today. Got the AMG edition as you can see in the picture. I’ll be comparing them to my PX7 S2, also in the picture, I received on Friday. I have the Mark Levinson 5909 as well and will see how the MW75 stacks up against those also.

I will say, my initial impressions, it’s not as resolving, spacious, and detailed as the 5909. Has more of a V Shape with a much stronger bass. When compared to the PX7 S2, the bass is pretty comparable, maybe a little stronger, but I think the PX7 S2 has a more neutral and natural tone, although a little on the warm side. I’m going to give it more time as things can change with time. I initially thought the PX7 S2 was a little veiled, but after listening all weekend, they really opened up. Mainly in the treble response. More to come.

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #21 of 275
Flossy's cool but White Shoes rules.

Edit: just noticed my icon says "New Head-Fier" but I've been a member since 2015.
Is that based on your number of posts (which I mostly don't, lol)?

Just received my MW75 in the mail today. Got the AMG edition as you can see in the picture. I’ll be comparing them to my PX7 S2, also in the picture, I received on Friday. I have the Mark Levinson 5909 as well and will see how the MW75 stacks up against those also.

I will say, my initial impressions, it’s not as resolving, spacious, and detailed as the 5909. Has more of a V Shape with a much stronger bass. When compared to the PX7 S2, the bass is pretty comparable, maybe a little stronger, but I think the PX7 S2 has a more neutral and natural tone, although a little on the warm side. I’m going to give it more time as things can change with time. I initially thought the PX7 S2 was a little veiled, but after listening all weekend, they really opened up. Mainly in the treble response. More to come.
Many thanks! I look forward to your findings. I own the PX7 version 1. I’m hoping the MW75’s would sound better than any of the PX 7‘s versions for the price. Don’t get me wrong I do like my B&W headphones (P9, PX7, and PI7).

Aug 20, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #22 of 275

I received my MW75 a few days ago, and you'd have to pry them out of my cold dead hands. I would however like a second set of Bluetooth cans that are slightly lighter in weight, and with a slightly lower price, and a smaller profile than the MW75. Do the Px7 S2 have the incredible power of the MW75? I have a feeling that they don't, but do they get close? My Beoplay H95 got returned the moment I heard the MW75. Not that they're bad headphones, they just don't have much headroom. I can't imagine getting accustomed to the MW75 and switching to the H95. Waiting on your comparison. The Bass ability on the MW75 is incredible. If the Px7 S2 can come close, I think I'd like to give them a try

Aug 20, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #23 of 275
I received my MW75 a few days ago, and you'd have to pry them out of my cold dead hands. I would however like a second set of Bluetooth cans that are slightly lighter in weight, and with a slightly lower price, and a smaller profile than the MW75. Do the Px7 S2 have the incredible power of the MW75? I have a feeling that they don't, but do they get close? My Beoplay H95 got returned the moment I heard the MW75. Not that they're bad headphones, they just don't have much headroom. I can't imagine getting accustomed to the MW75 and switching to the H95. Waiting on your comparison. The Bass ability on the MW75 is incredible. If the Px7 S2 can come close, I think I'd like to give them a try
My comparison should be coming soon. I wanted to at least spend a little time with both before making a comparison. I had to get a wisdom tooth pulled last week which unfortunately put my listening on hold. Was dealing with headaches post extraction and headphones didn't help :rolling_eyes:

I will say this, since my 1st impressions, I like you, have grown quite fond of the MW75. The dynamic in their name definitely describes these headphones. They are a fun headphone as opposed to an accurate one, although it's done very tastefully. They do get loud compared to headphones like the 5909, H95, and Dali iO6. Compared to the PX7 S2, I would say they're comparable in volume. As I stated in my initial impressions, the bass of the PX7 S2 and MW75 are pretty comparable with the MW75 being a little stronger to my ears. The PX7 S2 is closer to neutral as it has a smoother treble without the bite the MW75 has. The PX7 S2 is a little warmer and has a more natural sound.

In short, the MW75 is more dynamic, aggressive, and detailed. The PX7 S2 is more accurate, natural, and warmer with a bigger soundstage.

I would say tryout the PX7 S2. You can always return them if you don't like them.

I will say, the blue PX7 S2 and the AMG edition MW75 are the two best looking wireless anc headphones on the market right now in my opinion.

Aug 20, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #25 of 275
My comparison should be coming soon. I wanted to at least spend a little time with both before making a comparison. I had to get a wisdom tooth pulled last week which unfortunately put my listening on hold. Was dealing with headaches post extraction and headphones didn't help :rolling_eyes:

I will say this, since my 1st impressions, I like you, have grown quite fond of the MW75. The dynamic in their name definitely describes these headphones. They are a fun headphone as opposed to an accurate one, although it's done very tastefully. They do get loud compared to headphones like the 5909, H95, and Dali iO6. Compared to the PX7 S2, I would say they're comparable in volume. As I stated in my initial impressions, the bass of the PX7 S2 and MW75 are pretty comparable with the MW75 being a little stronger to my ears. The PX7 S2 is closer to neutral as it has a smoother treble without the bite the MW75 has. The PX7 S2 is a little warmer and has a more natural sound.

In short, the MW75 is more dynamic, aggressive, and detailed. The PX7 S2 is more accurate, natural, and warmer with a bigger soundstage.

I would say tryout the PX7 S2. You can always return them if you don't like them.

I will say, the blue PX7 S2 and the AMG edition MW75 are the two best looking wireless anc headphones on the market right now in my opinion.
Thank you so much. That's what I wanted to know, you nailed it. I'm going to try them out. The MW75 are indeed aggressive, but tasteful. Good description. I bet the Px7 S2 will compliment them well

Aug 20, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #26 of 275
@Maukey Between the MW75 and the N5909, how would you describe the difference in sound signature and comfort?

For what concerns sound, which one sounds "brighter"?

Thanks a lot for the wonderful comparison!
The 5909 sounds better overall and is more comfortable, has more space in the ear cups. It’s the brighter headphone. The 5909 is more resolving, more detailed, and has a bigger sound stage. Just a much more analytical headphone while still not being boring which is impressive. Now in saying that, the MW75 is better for D&B, electronic, and pretty much any modern music. It will provide more excitement for those genres and I could see many preferring that, especially if they’re sensitive to the 5909’s treble spike. I personally don’t mind a little bite in my treble, especially if it’s tone is correct, and the 5909 has a very natural treble which does calm a little with burn in. Love them both

Aug 20, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #27 of 275
The 5909 sounds better overall and is more comfortable, has more space in the ear cups. It’s the brighter headphone. The 5909 is more resolving, more detailed, and has a bigger sound stage. Just a much more analytical headphone while still not being boring which is impressive. Now in saying that, the MW75 is better for D&B, electronic, and pretty much any modern music. It will provide more excitement for those genres and I could see many preferring that, especially if they’re sensitive to the 5909’s treble spike. I personally don’t mind a little bite in my treble, especially if it’s tone is correct, and the 5909 has a very natural treble which does calm a little with burn in. Love them both

Thank you! I guess I'll have to try then both.

Aug 21, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #29 of 275
I wish they'd stuck with the gorgeous design of the MW65, that retro look was so unique. And the berylium driver! Also gave a very unusual sound signature. Think i'll just stick with my mw65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back