Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus Impressions
May 30, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #48 of 104
I did a video review on the MW07 GO, I hope it is a ton of fun to watch!! :)

Haha, very entertaining review. I partially agree with the V shaped sound, but it's not as V as the other IEMs like the Shure 215s or some of the Klipsch stuff. There's still a lot of mid's in these IEMs, which is why I enjoy it. You can really here a studio-like quality vocals with pretty damn good soundstage for wireless IEMs. To be honest, the soundstage is way better than my wired Shure SE215 extended bass version. I don't own the triple or quad driver Shures, however, and I'm sure those have even better soundstage. The treble is definitely more present than the bass heavy IEMs out there, but I think it's just the right amount. No sibilance to my ears, just the right amount of sparkle to retain the music clarity. Now the only bad thing is that while the sound DOES get sufficiently loud, when I run with these I usually have them 2 clicks below the max volume and that does it for me. But even when I max out the volume (I have an older iPhone 7 so take this with a grain of salt), it won't burst my eardrums. Yes, it gets uncomfortable so I only maxed it out once to test how loud it gets, but for some people who may be a little hard of hearing I'm not so sure whether the volume would suffice.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #50 of 104
I have posted my video review about the MW07 PLUS as well now! :)

I try my best to compare the GO vs the PLUS version, and I will also add a video about the MH40 wireless soon! :)

Thanks a lot, for the comparison between the Plus and GO versions especially. I was on the fence as I really want new TWS only for the gym, and the GO use the same driver and are lighter so it seemed like a good compromise since the price point is friendlier. But if the Plus sound substantially better, while also being well-rated IP-wise, looking killer, and canceling out some of the gym noise, they are probably a better choice for me since I want to compromise on neither SQ nor aesthetics.

I’m using creative Outlier Air at the moment, they are decent, really good for their price point, with fun, massive sub-bass, but also bloaty and too recessed in the mids. I have a long-ish walk to and from the gym, so I use my wired iems plugged in a good source, and the difference is getting too jarring. Also the construction and design are functional but nothing exciting.
I tried out the Nuraloop but that didn’t pan out. Catastrophic touch controls, SQ good not great in spite of their cool technology, comfort not quite there either.

The entire M&D store is 25% off this week-end, and for a cause. Time to snag me something, methinks.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #51 of 104
Thanks a lot, for the comparison between the Plus and GO versions especially. I was on the fence as I really want new TWS only for the gym, and the GO use the same driver and are lighter so it seemed like a good compromise since the price point is friendlier. But if the Plus sound substantially better, while also being well-rated IP-wise, looking killer, and canceling out some of the gym noise, they are probably a better choice for me since I want to compromise on neither SQ nor aesthetics.

Don't forgetting that you are getting more hours in the metal case too with the Plus model.

Jul 5, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #52 of 104
Don't forgetting that you are getting more hours in the metal case too with the Plus model.
Yes! There’s that too. Although truth be told that fragile stainless steel case troubles me a bit, as it’s not very gym-friendly even if I’m cautious. It’s more for sedentary use. But it’s really good to have so many more hours in the case obviously, and the IPX5 rating on the buds is really good.

Jul 5, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #53 of 104
Yes! There’s that too. Although truth be told that fragile stainless steel case troubles me a bit, as it’s not very gym-friendly even if I’m cautious. It’s more for sedentary use. But it’s really good to have so many more hours in the case obviously, and the IPX5 rating on the buds is really good.

The (beautiful!) metal case is strong but is very easy for scratching, but maybe this is looking nicer in the future like patina effect in some metals for example. But the good news, if you want keeping in perfect condition, is that is coming in the package a separate plastic pouch with magnetic closure for protecting the metal case if you are outside.

Jul 5, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #54 of 104
The (beautiful!) metal case is strong but is very easy for scratching, but maybe this is looking nicer in the future like patina effect in some metals for example. But the good news, if you want keeping in perfect condition, is that is coming in the package a separate plastic pouch with magnetic closure for protecting the metal case if you are outside.
They have thought of everything it seems! Thanks for your input. How would you compare the MW07 Plus to wired iems if I may bother you further? And have you heard other TWS sets that compare favorably to them?

Jul 5, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #55 of 104
They have thought of everything it seems! Thanks for your input. How would you compare the MW07 Plus to wired iems if I may bother you further? And have you heard other TWS sets that compare favorably to them?

In the past I trying many wired iems and is difficult comparing today with this many iems. Today I think tws iems are excellent and the difference with wired and wireless isn't really easy hearing for the people. I'm sure in blind test this is true even if many people here telling you wired is much better sound. This is similar with blind tests in the past with different bitrates or blind tests of the burn-in effect. This tests showing that bitrate higher than 192kbps (and even 128kbps!) isn't easy for the people for hearing the difference between this and lossless (is more true even specially with 256kbps). With burn-in is similar, the people cannot hearing the difference and the measurements showing burn-in isn't real in 99.99% of the times. So, today, tws iems are sounding very, very good, but the real difference is in the tuning, the frequency response/tonal balance.

The mw07 plus isn't flat / neutral but the tuning by master & dynamic is with very good taste specially if you're outside where some frequencies are more difficult hearing because of the external noise. BUT in quiet places is sounding excellent too! The driver they're using is of very good quality too.

Other important tws iems I trying before are (I trying some cheap that aren't good and I don't mentioning here): sennheiser momentum true wireless 1 (mtw 1) and the recent model mtw 2, the excellent AirPods Pro and the recent Jabra 75T (I think this is the correct model). The Jabra is very, very bassy and really isn't for me. Sennheiser mtw 1 & 2 having the same very, very good sound, but I preferring mw07 Plus sound than mtw 1 & 2 because I preferring the more clarity and fast bass performance of the mw07 Plius.

The 2 models of sennheiser having other problems (specially bad problems with model 1), like low battery life (sennheiser saying the better model 2 is giving you 7 hours and you only getting 5,5 hrs with mid volume in reality).

The AirPods Pro is have more flat / neutral sound and fantastic anc and ambient mode AND small very practical portable case, but battery life isn't very good and the sound isn't sufficient engaging, in my opinion. I know a lot of people liking saying Apple earphones are terrible but believe me, the AirPods Pro is excellent iem, also in the sound. BUT for me the mw07 is the best in sound and the complete package (the other aspects apart from the sound).

With many months now with mw07 Plus I can saying that one fantastic aspect of this iem is the external buttons, nothing is like this iem in this aspect. You can controlling many things with this buttons and they are responding so, so good and never making noise when you click them. I changing tracks and volume very frequently and this buttons are perfect like nothing I trying in the past, even with big headphones

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #56 of 104
In the past I trying many wired iems and is difficult comparing today with this many iems. Today I think tws iems are excellent and the difference with wired and wireless isn't really easy hearing for the people. I'm sure in blind test this is true even if many people here telling you wired is much better sound. This is similar with blind tests in the past with different bitrates or blind tests of the burn-in effect. This tests showing that bitrate higher than 192kbps (and even 128kbps!) isn't easy for the people for hearing the difference between this and lossless (is more true even specially with 256kbps). With burn-in is similar, the people cannot hearing the difference and the measurements showing burn-in isn't real in 99.99% of the times. So, today, tws iems are sounding very, very good, but the real difference is in the tuning, the frequency response/tonal balance.

The mw07 plus isn't flat / neutral but the tuning by master & dynamic is with very good taste specially if you're outside where some frequencies are more difficult hearing because of the external noise. BUT in quiet places is sounding excellent too! The driver they're using is of very good quality too.

Other important tws iems I trying before are (I trying some cheap that aren't good and I don't mentioning here): sennheiser momentum true wireless 1 (mtw 1) and the recent model mtw 2, the excellent AirPods Pro and the recent Jabra 75T (I think this is the correct model). The Jabra is very, very bassy and really isn't for me. Sennheiser mtw 1 & 2 having the same very, very good sound, but I preferring mw07 Plus sound than mtw 1 & 2 because I preferring the more clarity and fast bass performance of the mw07 Plius.

The 2 models of sennheiser having other problems (specially bad problems with model 1), like low battery life (sennheiser saying the better model 2 is giving you 7 hours and you only getting 5,5 hrs with mid volume in reality).

The AirPods Pro is have more flat / neutral sound and fantastic anc and ambient mode AND small very practical portable case, but battery life isn't very good and the sound isn't sufficient engaging, in my opinion. I know a lot of people liking saying Apple earphones are terrible but believe me, the AirPods Pro is excellent iem, also in the sound. BUT for me the mw07 is the best in sound and the complete package (the other aspects apart from the sound).

With many months now with mw07 Plus I can saying that one fantastic aspect of this iem is the external buttons, nothing is like this iem in this aspect. You can controlling many things with this buttons and they are responding so, so good and never making noise when you click them. I changing tracks and volume very frequently and this buttons are perfect like nothing I trying in the past, even with big headphones
Thanks for the extensive reply.

I am in total agreement with what you say about the vanishing difference between wired and wireless gear; actually my favorite source at the moment is the Qudelix 5K, a BT receiver. A well-implemented BT solution can sound exactly as good as a wired one for me. But the ceiling with wired iems is higher (as are the prices!) so that was why I was asking for comparisons. I’m glad you don’t rate the latest Senn TWS above the M&D, because I don’t like Senn’s design or tuning in general but would have been uneasy knowing there was another iem clearly superior to the MW07+. From what you say it’s more a character difference and I think I would get along well with the MW07, the extra energy and clarity are what I am looking for, I am tired of darker/veiled/muddy sports buds.

Apple’s Airpods are good too I hear, but I’m on Android so it’s a moot point and I dislike the look of the antennas.

Also cool to read the controls are good; the Nuraloop’s are a disaster, they respond to a mere brush, while the buttons on the Outlier Air need extreme force to activate, you literally have to hold your ear with one hand while pressing with the other, it’s a bit weird :head_bandage:

What’s your take on the MW07+’s noise cancellation? In the street especially, or in places with ambient music.

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #57 of 104
What’s your take on the MW07+’s noise cancellation? In the street especially, or in places with ambient music.

Anc in mw07 plus isn'y very good, but because passive isolation is good the anc is helping with a little more isolation. The ambient mode that I using sometimes is very good, by the way. If anc is important for you, the Aipods pro is number one by large margin in tws earphones, is fantastic and is very real, is close in isolation with the best big headphones like bose qc35 and sony 1000xm3. Sennheiser mtw2's anc (mtw1's isn't have anc) is really terrible, you don't knowing if is on or off!

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #58 of 104

I’m using creative Outlier Air at the moment, they are decent, really good for their price point, with fun, massive sub-bass, but also bloaty and too recessed in the mids. I have a long-ish walk to and from the gym, so I use my wired iems plugged in a good source, and the difference is getting too jarring. Also the construction and design are functional but nothing exciting.
I tried out the Nuraloop but that didn’t pan out. Catastrophic touch controls, SQ good not great in spite of their cool technology, comfort not quite there either.

The entire M&D store is 25% off this week-end, and for a cause. Time to snag me something, methinks.

I hope it will bring you lots of fun when you get it! :)

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #59 of 104
Can anyone give a more detailed opinion on the ANC? From the reviews and comments, its not amazing, but does it do an ok job? I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks (as well as music) and this issue that I have with my current wireless non-ANC earphones (Flares Pro) is that I need to have them on full volume to be able to hear them over traffic noise when I am out. This is the reason I am getting rid of my Xelento Wireless as they have become purely indoor earphones as they are useless outside due to virtually no noise isolation.

Aug 2, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #60 of 104
Can anyone give a more detailed opinion on the ANC? From the reviews and comments, its not amazing, but does it do an ok job? I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks (as well as music) and this issue that I have with my current wireless non-ANC earphones (Flares Pro) is that I need to have them on full volume to be able to hear them over traffic noise when I am out. This is the reason I am getting rid of my Xelento Wireless as they have become purely indoor earphones as they are useless outside due to virtually no noise isolation.

I would rate them a 6/10 in ANC. It's not enough for my needs despite being my favorite sound from a TWS so far. The MTW2 I'd rate a solid 9/10 for ANC. The AKG N4k might also be worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back