Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone
Jan 26, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #226 of 624
Bought these headphones from the apple store over a week a go. Man I really like these. I got the black with gun metal trim, and it is a looker. I loved the brown and silver one when its been displayed and even around my neck, but the moment I put them on my head, the orangish brown was way too loud for my taste.

So comfortable too. I listen to about an hour of Tidal a night, then watch Netflix.comfort isn't an issue. A bit heavy though.

Sound is amung the best I've heard. I compared it to my momentums, and came away liking these betters. The momentums have a mid bass bump I don't like, and recessed highs. The Mh40s are better balanced but still have a slight bass boost.

What I like the most is the instrument separation. It makes it easier to follow along.

Anyway, I'm loving them so far...glad others are too

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #227 of 624
Just discovered these recently and I'm sold. We need more companies like this one to concentrate on build quality and looks just as much as on sound.
My only problem is that MH30 are for me much better looking but they're not around-ear - they're on-ear if I understand correctly :frowning2:. MH40 are around-ear but more expensive and not as good looking.

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #229 of 624
If so then it makes me even more sad. This the type of headphones I'd buy for looks mainly but not only for that. I wish they make an around-ear version of MH30 with the sound signature of MH40. Hah, dream on :).

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #237 of 624
Yeah, I just love the whole design, no matter which color! (although that gunmetal one... uuffff looking awesome!).
I just hope that for their next/future closed-back, they actually control sound leak...

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #240 of 624
Yeah..sound leakage isn't the worst, but its not good for quiet offices either. Strange because its touted as a work headphone.

But I'm actually loving the sound of these things so much, I want take it with me everywhere. And I do, because they are nice looking.

The PSB M4U is still my all time favorite in this category and price, but its so massive and ugly looking on my head that I never want to leave the house with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back