Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #826 of 2,613
can anyone with access to balanced setup play james blake limit to your love https://tidal.com/track/5256198 without grenading your headphones past 1 oclock? looking for a bassy headphone better than sennheiser or focal....

If you want headphones with perfect bass, then you will not find any better than Audeze. I love my LCD2C.

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #828 of 2,613
planar magnetic and bass...I need to listen. thanks
:) I think you will be pleased with them. I find the LCD2C to be pretty much perfect to my tastes. They have amazing bass extension, nice sound stage, super low distortion, and are able to be extremely revealing without becoming harsh or dry. I love them.

The only down side is their weight, but at least I've got a strong neck from all the years of football so they don't bother me much there. The headband and ear pads are very supple. They do create a seal on your head though, which some people find bothersome. I don't mind it at all and don't even really notice it.

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #829 of 2,613
i will take you up on going out for a listen on them...having sennheiser for a couple decades my neck really likes light weight...my focals heavy :frowning2:

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #830 of 2,613
i will take you up on going out for a listen on them...having sennheiser for a couple decades my neck really likes light weight...my focals heavy :frowning2:

The Audeze are at least twice as heavy as my Senn Hd6xx, so if weight really bothers you it might be a prob. Just do some neck strengthening exercises and you'll be golden :)

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #833 of 2,613
sound like my better half...shaving my head is coming...but Im holding off as long as possible....even shampooing with rosemary drops as I love my hair :)

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #835 of 2,613
it was around 2 years ago my wife said you know it looks like your hairline has receded some. so i said well then im growing out the rest as long as i have with it. 2 years later and its longer then hers it now. she wants me to shave it all the time and im like well then you shouldnt have said anything haha. i also play in a 80-90's type metal band so it works for that also.

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #836 of 2,613
Im 46 and not outrageous yet...but its been going fast enough where I am self conscious. I am retired 20+ military so know all about shaved hair styles :)

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #837 of 2,613
I agree with the people recommending Audeze LCD's. Just got the LCD-X yesterday. Replaced DT 1990's, which became too bright and fatiguing after I got the THX. I like a more neutral/balanced signature.. And the LCD-X is neutral/balanced, but slightly warm to me. Bass is nice, clean and very satisfying. Just the right amount for me. A bit more than the DT 1990 with balanced pads. The LCD2 is supposed to be more bassy than these, so definitely look into Audeze if you are in search of bass.

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #840 of 2,613
What amp did you have before the THX?

I currently have 1990s and magni3 and was planning on getting the THX on the next drop.

I have the Magni 3.. It's been in the box since I got it because it's not as clean or as powerful as my onboard sound card that has a stock headphone amp. Should give you an idea.. It was more powerful than the Magni 3 and a cleaner sound. The THX is a lot more powerful than what I had and a noticeable amount cleaner in sound. But get it, you wont be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back