1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Mar 1, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. Alcophone
    My Yggy at work, for now, but Massdrop is also working on a matching DAC (according to @CEE TEE in the Massdrop comments).

smallcaps likes this.
  2. cardeli22
    I am waiting to see what Massdrop makes to pair with this as well.

3. Zachik
    Apologies if I missed it mentioned:
    Are we going to be able to read any reviews before drop closes in less than a week?!
    CT mentioned 2 units out for measurements / evaluation

cardeli22 likes this.
  4. cardeli22
    I was wondering the same thing.

5. Liu Junyuan
    Yes. Do a Google search.

6. franz12
    Given their weak sales figures so far, I anticipate another run of the drop before Oct 31 (shipping date). So I don't worry much about a missing opportunity.
    If not? Well. There is a plenty of other good options in a market out there. So I would not much complain.

Zachik likes this.
  7. tizman
    liu-junyuan: Please provide a link for the review.

8. cardeli22
    LOL I must google bad because I searched " Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier Review" and sort for the last month and got two pages of , like the rest of us, people talking about how to might sound or the wait is too long.

9. tizman
    There is a comparison of an early version of the Massdrop-THX amp and a Jot somewhere that I read a while back, but having no experience with the Jot, it is not helpful to me. No proper review exists that I have seen and, like Cardeli22, I have been searching. Google mostly, I haven't extended the search outside of my house. Yet....

cardeli22 likes this.
  10. tizman
    The review is probably in the same place as my car keys.

jsmiller58 likes this.
  11. cardeli22
    LOL

12. Liu Junyuan
    Link is forbidden here. Yes, one of them is the comparison to the Jot.

I am joining the drop.

Alcophone likes this.
  13. tizman
    liu-junyuan: Thanks. I saw that one. I forgot that links aren’t allowed. Are there other reviews that you know of?

14. Liu Junyuan
    No, sorry.

15. sebna
    I on the other hand may be leaving the drop... I do not think I can be bothered with this dodgy no reviews tactics...

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last