Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread
Mar 13, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #46 of 2,613
Haven't posted on head-fi for around 5 years but came back because of this amp. Very much looking forward to Jude's impressions. Needless to say, I joined the drop, and the addiction is back in full swing. Now shopping for an appropriate DAC for this baby. What are people thinking of pairing with this?
My Yggy at work, for now, but Massdrop is also working on a matching DAC (according to @CEE TEE in the Massdrop comments).

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #48 of 2,613
Apologies if I missed it mentioned:
Are we going to be able to read any reviews before drop closes in less than a week?!
CT mentioned 2 units out for measurements / evaluation

Mar 24, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #51 of 2,613
Apologies if I missed it mentioned:
Are we going to be able to read any reviews before drop closes in less than a week?!
CT mentioned 2 units out for measurements / evaluation

Given their weak sales figures so far, I anticipate another run of the drop before Oct 31 (shipping date). So I don't worry much about a missing opportunity.
If not? Well. There is a plenty of other good options in a market out there. So I would not much complain.

Mar 24, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #54 of 2,613
There is a comparison of an early version of the Massdrop-THX amp and a Jot somewhere that I read a while back, but having no experience with the Jot, it is not helpful to me. No proper review exists that I have seen and, like Cardeli22, I have been searching. Google mostly, I haven't extended the search outside of my house. Yet....

Mar 24, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #60 of 2,613
I on the other hand may be leaving the drop... I do not think I can be bothered with this dodgy no reviews tactics...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back