Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread
Oct 27, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #182 of 2,613
I contacted Massdrop late Thursday night and the next day they responded and are getting a replacement to me. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have a working unit.

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #186 of 2,613
Baten: Actually, it's the Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread. Check the title, it's at the top of every page.
"Impression: my unit arrived with a faulty power button and will not power up, so I could not listen to it. Massdrop promised me a replacement unit."

Your point? Seriously, if there are concerns they will be posted here, it's only expected...

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #187 of 2,613
My point is that another thread should be started about the issue, so that folks with faulty units can search for it, find it easily and then discuss it there. This thread should be used for listening impressions. Does that not make sense?

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #188 of 2,613
As stated before this is the place for this information. If you do not like it do not read it.

This is part of product life and should be here.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #192 of 2,613
Just finished reading the review. Very impressive.
This is the thread for impressions man. I'm not seeing any coming from you.

(not serious here of course: but why the hell can't you tolerate people posting problems, but then proceed to pollute the thread with "thanks for the link" "I finished reading the link" posts which add absolutely nothing to the discussion?? pot, kettle, black)

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #195 of 2,613
Just finished reading the review. Very impressive.
I agree - very impressive.
For people who like total flat and uncolored amp - this is a very good one!
I had a prototype for a week or so, and was very impressed with its flat and transparent sound.
Personally, not my cup of tea (I like warmer / tubey amps), but great amp never the less :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back