1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Mar 1, 2018.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. kukkurovaca
    One of the most useful things about a thread like this is getting a sense of how many people are experiencing serious QC issues, as well as how the vendor handles them.

cardeli22, Alcophone and heliosphann like this.
  2. heliosphann
    I contacted Massdrop late Thursday night and the next day they responded and are getting a replacement to me. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have a working unit.

Alcophone and kukkurovaca like this.
  3. tizman
    I still think it would be better to have a thread about the specific issue so that others can easily find it and share their experiences.

4. Baten
    Yes well this is the THX AAA thread, everything will be posted here. Live with it.

heliosphann likes this.
  5. tizman
    Baten: Actually, it's the Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread. Check the title, it's at the top of every page.

6. Baten
    "Impression: my unit arrived with a faulty power button and will not power up, so I could not listen to it. Massdrop promised me a replacement unit."

Your point? Seriously, if there are concerns they will be posted here, it's only expected...

cardeli22 likes this.
  7. tizman
    My point is that another thread should be started about the issue, so that folks with faulty units can search for it, find it easily and then discuss it there. This thread should be used for listening impressions. Does that not make sense?

8. sebna
    As stated before this is the place for this information. If you do not like it do not read it.

This is part of product life and should be here.

cardeli22 likes this.
  9. maxxevv
  10. tizman
    sebna: Good idea.
    maxxexx: Thanks for the link. I'll check it out

11. tizman
    Just finished reading the review. Very impressive.

12. Baten
    This is the thread for impressions man. I'm not seeing any coming from you.

(not serious here of course: but why the hell can't you tolerate people posting problems, but then proceed to pollute the thread with "thanks for the link" "I finished reading the link" posts which add absolutely nothing to the discussion?? pot, kettle, black)

13. matti55
    If anyone has or is intending to pair this with an ADI-2 dac, I'd love to hear some impressions.

cardeli22 and Baten like this.
  14. tizman
    Baten: You are right. I got so excited reading some actual listening impressions that I forgot myself.

15. Zachik
    I agree - very impressive.
    For people who like total flat and uncolored amp - this is a very good one!
    I had a prototype for a week or so, and was very impressed with its flat and transparent sound.
    Personally, not my cup of tea (I like warmer / tubey amps), but great amp never the less :)

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last