Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements
Dec 10, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #4,291 of 4,845
Case I use and like for my HD58Xs...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CVT9FQC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No need to disconnect the cable either...

i-TQcvBxf.jpg

You want to not cycle connections any more than you have to, best to leave them connected as long as possible without breaking the connection.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #4,292 of 4,845
When these were originally announced I was planning to join the drop then, but I hesitated due to the long wait. Then with the nice discount on Cyber Monday I finally decided it was time.

They arrived today, now I'm disappointed that I didn't join during the initial drop. I've only had about 30 minutes with them so far but I'm so happy with these.

Currently just using my AP80 but I'm really happy. First open backs I've had in many many years. Everything I've purchased in the last 10 years has been closed back. Was debating between these, the HD599's and X2HR's. With the BF price on the X2's and 599's I wasn't sure about waiting to see if these were going to have a CM deal but really happy that I did.

I believe these will be my daily drivers from this point on. Dumb question, will the locking mechanism wear out over time if I'm plugging and unplugging these every day? Or would it be better to find a case large enough to where I wouldn't have to do that.

I've followed this thread since it began and I've always read how pleased most were with these, now I see why. I do believe for the immediate future I don't want another set, I'm just enjoying these too much.
I agree on the not plugging and unplugging at the ear cups, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. I don't think you can put the plugs in the wrong way (unless you force it) -- they are keyed either by pin size or the connector slot. All I know is I tried to plug in the wrong side when I wasn't paying attention, and it didn't work. I'll have to look and see why tonight.

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #4,293 of 4,845
I use different cables periodically. Maybe even more so. Reason being, I have two different devices I use. One has a 2.5mm trrs balanced jack, the other a 3.5mm single ended. I like to use these watching shows and movies with my LG V40, and listening to music with my dap. Perhaps I should find another can for entertainment purposes.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #4,294 of 4,845
I agree on the not plugging and unplugging at the ear cups, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. I don't think you can put the plugs in the wrong way (unless you force it) -- they are keyed either by pin size or the connector slot. All I know is I tried to plug in the wrong side when I wasn't paying attention, and it didn't work. I'll have to look and see why tonight.
Pins are different diameters.

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #4,295 of 4,845
I use different cables periodically. Maybe even more so. Reason being, I have two different devices I use. One has a 2.5mm trrs balanced jack, the other a 3.5mm single ended. I like to use these watching shows and movies with my LG V40, and listening to music with my dap. Perhaps I should find another can for entertainment purposes.
There really is no need - get an adapter to go from balanced to unbalanced. I use one all the time with my jubilees. I have a plug form one for leaving in certain pieces of equipment, and a short cable style for most other use.

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #4,296 of 4,845
There really is no need - get an adapter to go from balanced to unbalanced. I use one all the time with my jubilees. I have a plug form one for leaving in certain pieces of equipment, and a short cable style for most other use.
Yeah, I here that a lot. I'm not real keen on adapters.

Dec 11, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #4,297 of 4,845

Use something like that and you are good.
Preserve your headphone connectors they are fragile.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-3-5mm...eadphone-Jack-Adapter-Converter-/183430796673

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #4,300 of 4,845
Case I use and like for my HD58Xs...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CVT9FQC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No need to disconnect the cable either...

i-TQcvBxf.jpg

You want to not cycle connections any more than you have to, best to leave them connected as long as possible without breaking the connection.

I saw this case but I wasn't sure if it would work with the cables still attached. I didn't like the thought of plugging and unplugging those connections just to take these to work. Thank you, love the sounds of these and just want to be able to enjoy them as much as possible.

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #4,301 of 4,845
I saw this case but I wasn't sure if it would work with the cables still attached. I didn't like the thought of plugging and unplugging those connections just to take these to work. Thank you, love the sounds of these and just want to be able to enjoy them as much as possible.
I have that, you do not need to remove the cable to store the hp. You just need compress the headband into minimum size.

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #4,302 of 4,845
When these were originally announced I was planning to join the drop then, but I hesitated due to the long wait. Then with the nice discount on Cyber Monday I finally decided it was time.

They arrived today, now I'm disappointed that I didn't join during the initial drop. I've only had about 30 minutes with them so far but I'm so happy with these.

Currently just using my AP80 but I'm really happy. First open backs I've had in many many years. Everything I've purchased in the last 10 years has been closed back. Was debating between these, the HD599's and X2HR's. With the BF price on the X2's and 599's I wasn't sure about waiting to see if these were going to have a CM deal but really happy that I did.

I believe these will be my daily drivers from this point on. Dumb question, will the locking mechanism wear out over time if I'm plugging and unplugging these every day? Or would it be better to find a case large enough to where I wouldn't have to do that.

I've followed this thread since it began and I've always read how pleased most were with these, now I see why. I do believe for the immediate future I don't want another set, I'm just enjoying these too much.

Yeah I went with them, even before Massdrop & Sennheiser decided to re-tune them with a bit more bass, waiting many months until their release. After they arrived I was so pleased with the sound and very reasonable price that I ordered a second pair. I have 1 pair with my bedside table system that hasn't left while the other pair is used with one of my other systems and with my 2 channel Arcam FMJ system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back