Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements
Dec 21, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #92 of 4,845
This is going to be another hit for Massdrop, you can't really go wrong for $149.

I have been trying for 2-3 years to get my hands on a $99 sale for HD 598 again, and no luck, so yeah I will be pulling trigger on this one, $50 more but a definite upgrade. The price is right, especially since no tax.

Dec 21, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #94 of 4,845
I have been trying for 2-3 years to get my hands on a $99 sale for HD 598 again, and no luck, so yeah I will be pulling trigger on this one, $50 more but a definite upgrade. The price is right, especially since no tax.
I should have put my HD598 in the FS thread but gave them to an old GF a few years ago when I saw that the prices for new ones were only $99 :ksc75smile:. I didn't care for the sound signature of the HD598 but my old GF loves it out of her MBP

Dec 21, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #98 of 4,845
For those who’ve in the past jumped on a drop as soon as it opened, what time tomorrow do you think the 58x will hit? Since Massdrop is based in San Francisco, will it be 12:01am Pacific or maybe 6am?

I’d like to get a low serial.
Hi jwbrent, The drop will open at 6am PST tomorrow morning.

Erm, my collection:
HD_Collection.gif

Dec 21, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #100 of 4,845
Hi jwbrent, The drop will open at 6am PST tomorrow morning.

Erm, my collection:

A Sennheiser fan for sure! Thanks for replying.

An HD800 drop would really be something ... :wink:

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #103 of 4,845
Won't the market for cheap headphones get saturated someday? Didn't they sell 30,000 6XX's? Sooner or later the market's got to falter.

That is the great thing about Massdrop, you don't actual make the inventory until you are given the money, so no risk for Sennheiser or any other company. Only issue is long wait times as they build the order. It is like Kickstarter in a way. Personally I think it is a great idea for a company, I think massdrop is not doing it well though, I think I could do it better, but I don't have billion dollar capital investment to start up a company :D

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #104 of 4,845
Does anyone who has had a chance to listen to the HD58X know how it compares to the Hickman HE4XX? Specifically the bass and sub bass. The HE4XX is a little bass light for my preference so if the HD58X is similar or even less bass then these may not be for me.
This seems like a natural comparison....I am looking forward to seeing an answer to this

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #105 of 4,845
This seems like a natural comparison....I am looking forward to seeing an answer to this

Every review except one has said these are bass light, but the one reviewer who said it has bass said it required high gain amp to achieve what bass he liked. So I am guessing my Magni 3 would bring out a little more bass in this as long as it let me crank the volume on high gain. Like my K7xx headphones, I can hear everything fine at 10am on the magni 3 high gain, but I can also crank it up to 3pm on the knob and the bass will start hitting hard without making the rest of the can too much louder. Most headphones don't allow me to do that though. Maybe I just won't buy anymore cans and stick with my K7xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back