Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements
Dec 21, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #107 of 4,845
For those that like that $149 drop price, you better get on this first one. CEE_TEE states in discussion it will go up an undetermined amount the next time.

I am sadly going to be at the eye doctor when this goes live, so I probably won't get in in time. Sucks.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #108 of 4,845
I did own the original Jubilee in the past and it did come with the 300 OHM drivers and sound more in line to the HD600 than that of the HD650.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #109 of 4,845
For those that like that $149 drop price, you better get on this first one. CEE_TEE states in discussion it will go up an undetermined amount the next time.

I sure hope that this isn't going to happen. It's price is what's keeping from competing with the HD6XX. If it goes any higher, I don't see a compelling reason to not get a HD6XX instead (unless you just want to add to your collection lol). Heck, at only $50 more, the HD6XX is still a compelling bargain against the HD58X. It would be strange to pit it against, as Tyll has said, perhaps the best headphone ever made.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #110 of 4,845
I sure hope that this isn't going to happen. It's price is what's keeping from competing with the HD6XX. If it goes any higher, I don't see a compelling reason to not get a HD6XX instead (unless you just want to add to your collection lol). Heck, at only $50 more, the HD6XX is still a compelling bargain against the HD58X. It would be strange to pit it against, as Tyll has said, perhaps the best headphone ever made.

I agree that I hope it doesn't go much, but it's right there in the top post by CEE_TEE that for this first drop it is a special price. Something I noticed that I haven't seen much mention of so thought I'd bring it up.

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #111 of 4,845
Quoted from the Massdrop discussion page, for those who missed it like me:

"With our high volumes and less expensive packaging, we’re able to make this headphone available with a special price on the first drop: $149.99.
After the first drop, the price will increase in future drops. The magnitude of the increase is unclear pending production of the HD58X."

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #112 of 4,845
While Zeos is no Tyll, I mean no disrespect to a guy. I think he is entertaining and certainly loves headphones, speakers and other interesting stuff. He makes it fun. I just don't get when he does things like cooking and etc...
I wrote a few lines explaining how garbage Zeo's videos are and not entertaining or not an review from any point but then realized this thread isn't about that so let's just quit. I would just say one thing that Zeos and likes do it for means of earning Tyll doesn't have a monetary benefit from this so I know who to trust.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #113 of 4,845
I wrote a few lines explaining how garbage Zeo's videos are and not entertaining or not an review from any point but then realized this thread isn't about that so let's just quit. I would just say one thing that Zeos and likes do it for means of earning Tyll doesn't have a monetary benefit from this so I know who to trust.

I don't think there is an argument here. Tyll is an expert and clearly deserves respect and trust. Zeos is an entertainer and I would not recommend making buying decisions based on his reviews... No need to argue... :wink:

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #114 of 4,845
Would these be nice to complement my MDR-Z7? I already have a ZX1 and PHA-3 so it would be powered from those. Low impedance might me nice for usage with the ZX1 only.
For only $50 more you get the HD6XX so if those are the better headphones I don't mind spending just a little more on that...

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #115 of 4,845
While Zeos is no Tyll, I mean no disrespect to a guy. I think he is entertaining and certainly loves headphones, speakers and other interesting stuff. He makes it fun. I just don't get when he does things like cooking and etc...
Agree, we should be allowed to compare
Would these be nice to complement my MDR-Z7? I already have a ZX1 and PHA-3 so it would be powered from those. Low impedance might me nice for usage with the ZX1 only.
For only $50 more you get the HD6XX so if those are the better headphones I don't mind spending just a little more on that...
The ZX1 should be able to drive these quite well. But not as good as it drives the Z7.

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #117 of 4,845

They tried that the with HD6XX on the second drop, and ended up extending the deadline and reducing the price back to $199 due to not selling all units. All drops since have been at $199.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back