1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Dec 20, 2017.
First

Back
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
Next

Last
  1. Sharpty
    It's a public forum
    The title of the thread is "58X review and MEASUREMENTS"
    If you dont think measurements useful, idk why you're here.
    Feel free to add to the discussion
    If you don't have anything to add, the least you can do is not bother other people who are adding to the conversation
    The irony of wasting the time to post a comment about being annoyed at reading other comments must have gone over people's heads

If you don't think it's science you haven't looked at any of the research I linked...
    All headphone drivers are limited in response by physics, there is no perfect driver. They are tuned by the manufacturer but that tuning can only do so much, no drivers operate linearly.
    The only real world solution to get ideal response is to use EQ.

If you are more interested in listening to a headphone than listening to the music as it was recorded and produced, thats cool, but you aren't contributing anything to the discussion.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Ichos likes this.
  2. Ichos
    I have mentioned that I run them balanced just to give you a hint about the power output I am using.
    Other than that as other people suggested there is no need to run them balanced for them to sound good.
    A single ended dap with enough power will do them justice.
    BUT if you have a dap that is meant to run balanced i.e Fiio X5 iii then you should run them balanced to get the better sound quality.
    As for me I prefer to run all my gear balanced because fully balanced designs are better with clarity , separation and staging.

3. JubilantHD58XOwner
    Well, I was thinking of the hiby r3

4. Ichos
    Well it's not the most powerful dap out there but it should drive HD58x good enough but from the balanced out as the single ended is not powerful enough.

5. highlightshadow
    That's fine - you're absolutely welcome to listen to the headphones non-eq'd out of the box.
    But psychoacoustics and the harmen response curve is about making the headphones produce sound to match the way we hear/perceive .... there is a lot of science behind it.
    The thread can accommodate both groups can it not?

Sharpty likes this.
  6. Mouseman
    I run them balanced from the HiBy R3, and they sound good. It has enough power to drive them, but not by a great margin -- you'll have to have the volume fairly high.

7. JubilantHD58XOwner
    Cable?

8. Mouseman
    I bought a cable off eBay for about $40, a nice braided one that fits and performs really well. The seller doesn't appear to be active anymore, so I can't give you a link. I have adapters if I need to use it with 3.5mm plugs (like some of my unbalanced amps).

9. TheRH
    Like!

10. H T T

I want a third (actually 4th) reference point sound and response-wise. EQ alone is not what I am looking for. I am looking for a less expensive alternative to the Beyer DT 1990.

https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/dt-1990-pro.html

11. nikolay.s
  12. TheRH
    The drop is live again!

13. Sharpty
  14. H T T
    Sharpty likes this.
  15. Tuneslover
    Precisely! My Loki is priceless in that regard no matter what headphone I use.

PlantsmanTX and Sharpty like this.
First

Back
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
Next

Last