Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements
Nov 7, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #2,851 of 4,845
^^ I received this cable few months ago ,it's very flexible but only 4 feet long ,noisy when twisted or in contact with clothes,I think balanced replacement is a better choice
Which one?

Nov 7, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #2,853 of 4,845
I see, thanks! What do you mean noisy? Microphonics, I suppose? Not electrical noise, like poor insulation, right? I can live with that, if so.

Balanced would be my go to option if I actually had a source to use it with. For now, I only have SE.

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #2,854 of 4,845
I see, thanks! What do you mean noisy? Microphonics, I suppose? Not electrical noise, like poor insulation, right? I can live with that, if so.

Balanced would be my go to option if I actually had a source to use it with. For now, I only have SE.
You could always get a balanced cable and a SE adapter. I have that setup so I can use it with both balanced and SE sources. Future proof. :beyersmile:

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #2,855 of 4,845
Okay the new remaster of Beatles' White Album is a game changer for me, I had already noticed how the HD58X is better than the SHP9500 but this just makes it so clear. Songs like the Esher demos of Dear Prudence and Blackbird are amazing on the HD58X, the timbre is incredible, the SHP9500 mids just can't reproduce the sound in the natural way that the HD58X can

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #2,856 of 4,845
Okay the new remaster of Beatles' White Album is a game changer for me

I was thinking about coming on and posting much the same last night when I was listening to that album for the first time. Listening to that on my 58X from a Mimby/Jotunheim was really sublime. One of the best listening experiences I've had in a long while.

Nov 10, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #2,858 of 4,845
Hey guys, do you notice any difference using a balanced cable? I have a good es100 to test it, before i spend 40euro on a cable i’d like some opinions to eventually i decide to buy a bigger amp.
Its not the cable that makes the difference, its the amp IMO in question. If your amp was designed to be run in balanced mode then it will probably sound better from the balanced output and for some amps that the designer wanted both SE and balanced to sound good/great then it really doesn't matter which output you use from what I've noticed so far. As an example the Jot does sound better from the balanced output but on a friends DarkStar and Liquid Glass it doesn't matter which output (SE or balanced) the sound is the same except for the loudness.

Nov 12, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #2,861 of 4,845
I just bought the Jubilee based on the Zeos claim that it shares the same driver with the 660S but now I see that I was duped... Is it conclusive that the drivers are different?

It doesn’t matter, both drivers are very similar, if not the same. They share the same 150 ohms impedance and are both similarly sensitive (db/v). The requency response of the HD660S and HD58X are quite similar, except for the more extended sub bass response of the HD58X and the slighty smoother response in the lower treble (the mighty lower treble irregular peaks of the HD660S have been smoothed out on the HD58X). Therefore the HD58X is overall more linear. If you compare the frequency response graph of the two headphones, they are quite identical except for what I just said. So relax and enjoy your HD58X, they are overall better than the HD660S in my opinion and much cheaper.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #2,862 of 4,845
I just bought the Jubilee based on the Zeos claim that it shares the same driver with the 660S but now I see that I was duped... Is it conclusive that the drivers are different?

Duped? *chuckle*

One should never take what a single reviewer says as gospel, no matter who that reviewer is. See what the consensus is across multiple sources before deciding to buy.

As mentioned above and by many others, the drivers are so close as to be effectively the same, and where they do differ, the majority of opinions appear to favor the 58X over the 660S. I wouldn't get hung up on "zOMFG! Not identicul drivurz!!", especially given the difference in cost.

Nov 12, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #2,863 of 4,845

If you feel duped, give them to me, I'll take em.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #2,864 of 4,845
Duped? *chuckle*

One should never take what a single reviewer says as gospel, no matter who that reviewer is. See what the consensus is across multiple sources before deciding to buy.

As mentioned above and by many others, the drivers are so close as to be effectively the same, and where they do differ, the majority of opinions appear to favor the 58X over the 660S. I wouldn't get hung up on "zOMFG! Not identicul drivurz!!", especially given the difference in cost.

Fair enough. Thanks a lot! If it improves the 600 line with the extended low end, it's worth it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back