Massdrop x NuForce EDC3 IEM
Jul 1, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #77 of 102
I hope none of you break yours,

Nuforce hasnt bothered to respond and Massdrop just told me they are too busy and they might respond later,.

When I had a problem with some tips ripping I received a timely response from Massdrop then someone from Nuforce offered to send me some tip replacements. Massdrop came through for me but the guy from Nuforce hasn't sent me anything after 2 weeks of him asking for me to verify my address.

This was just before the Sennheiser HD58X started shipping. But Nuforce has nothing to do with that. They SHOULD respond.
I'm still on the fence about these iems. Overall I like them besides the recessed treble and the rise in the upper mids which is like a nail gun to my skull when cranked up a bit.

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #79 of 102
Now im annoyed becuase i got use to the clean and balanced armature sound and the RHA T20 i had which sounded great at first now sound mushy and bloated.

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #82 of 102
I like these EDC3 a lot.
Actually since i have the EDC3 they became my main (almost only) iem i use even if i have better (and more expensive) options like Etymotic ER3XR; Rose BR5MK2 or A&K T8ieMk2.
My DAP are Hyby R6 and R3 (+ ifi nano black)

I found great benefice to use after market cable with the EDC3 like the cheap 55USD Penon CS819 which offers better clarity and expansion).

By the way have you tried aftermarket cable or eartips with your EDC3 and if you do what's the best combination did you found ?

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #86 of 102
I like these EDC3 a lot.
Actually since i have the EDC3 they became my main (almost only) iem i use even if i have better (and more expensive) options like Etymotic ER3XR; Rose BR5MK2 or A&K T8ieMk2.
My DAP are Hyby R6 and R3 (+ ifi nano black)

I found great benefice to use after market cable with the EDC3 like the cheap 55USD Penon CS819 which offers better clarity and expansion).

By the way have you tried aftermarket cable or eartips with your EDC3 and if you do what's the best combination did you found ?

Still waiting them.. This comment was a relief, thanks :D

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #88 of 102
Treble is fairly well extended, but more of a smooth fashion and thus you won't get a lot of hot sizzling string vibration that you would typically hear in an analytical IEM.
It is quite good but by no means analytical. If you are like me who enjoy a very sharp and crispy violin, I doubt EDC3 will meet your need. I have my Etymotic ER4S for that, EDC3 is more mainstream.

Hmm, there is a drop for EC3 now and i am intrigued by it as a daily use IEM mainly due to its comfort instead of my ER4S. From your comments and some others in this thread it may be disappointing for me. I was thinking EC3 would be more comfortable and easy listening in comparison to ER4S which I use daily at work. Also, how does the sound compare with RE400 or Sony SBH-80 or JH13v2Pro?

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #90 of 102
Just got these today.
I bought these after having been greatly annoyed by RE400s' veil.
These EDC3s still feel veiled in treble, and that makes them sound somewhat unnatural to my ears, but may be that's intentionally done to make them truly all-day-long fatigue-free all-rounder as they were advertised?

Now I'm disappointed, with one major lesson learned: I should have trusted the FR graph as I always had, not audio bloggers/ reviewers.

I don't dislike RE400, although I do prefer RE0 and ER4S over the RE400. I did not like the RE262, wondering if EC3 is a bit like RE262 due to its velvety mids? Unfortunately all my REs have broken while my ER4S has stayed with me for 5yrs and working like a charm, best value for money over time IEM i have owned. Still undecided if EC3 is worth trying stupid drops makes it tempting

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back