MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression and Discussion
Dec 16, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #91 of 111
So I got my spiral dots. I can see why they are liked by many. I bet they are awesome on other IEMs but they're not my 1st choice for these. My old gray UE tips work best for how I have these setup so far. They just don't like to stay put.

edit: Found a pair of tips in my stash that sound good and stay put. I like these deep and these tips are almost as good as the UEs and mitigate the minor bass bump.
smile.gif
 No idea where they're from. Tried a couple foam types including open complys and am sticking to these. Nice compromise as I won't listen that much to these anyway. Every time I get something and start tip rolling and besides the sound, I get even happier about my JH13fp.

Dec 18, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #92 of 111
yeah the thing with tips is what works for my ears doesnt mean it works for your ears so the only way to eever really tell whats going to be good for you is to try them yourself.   not super helpful i know but it is the only way to get a definative answer

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #95 of 111
Everyone here, if you have a 75ohm impedance adapter pictured below (e.g. the Dunu 75ohm adapter), go on and try it with the RE00

In my opinion, the 75ohm impedance adapter improves the RE00's soundstage a bit and clarity is enhanced with better decay for cymbals (and instruments of around that frequency). Currently with this setup, the sound reminds me of my Etymotic ER4B except the RE00 has a MUCH wider soundstage and better imaging (but I feel that the ER4B has a hair more detail with less dry mids when compared to the RE00)

When paired with my DX80 (running custom WindowsX purist firmware), the combination is just perfect - I am currently enjoying this setup more than the ER4B plugged directly into the DX80. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #97 of 111
the one came with Sony XBA C10 IEM, i think its the Sony isolation tips (regular ones not the hybrids)

I can't seem to find anything searching Sony Isolation Tips. Can you provide a model number or an earphone that comes with the tips?

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #98 of 111
  Everyone here, if you have a 75ohm impedance adapter pictured below (e.g. the Dunu 75ohm adapter), go on and try it with the RE00

In my opinion, the 75ohm impedance adapter improves the RE00's soundstage a bit and clarity is enhanced with better decay for cymbals (and instruments of around that frequency). Currently with this setup, the sound reminds me of my Etymotic ER4B except the RE00 has a MUCH wider soundstage and better imaging (but I feel that the ER4B has a hair more detail with less dry mids when compared to the RE00)

When paired with my DX80 (running custom WindowsX purist firmware), the combination is just perfect - I am currently enjoying this setup more than the ER4B plugged directly into the DX80. 

agreed.  single driver stuff usually benefits from impedance adding if your source can handle it

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #99 of 111
I can't seem to find anything searching Sony Isolation Tips. Can you provide a model number or an earphone that comes with the tips?

as i mentioned, the earphone is Sony XBA-C10

i found these on ebay, im pretty sure its the same ones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-6-Replacement-S-M-L-Earbud-Tips-for-Sony-XBA-MDR-DR-Series-Headphones-/121456306916?var=&hash=item1c475c2ae4:m:mGfHFxgswph-RRVeSSUhuOg

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #100 of 111

Does this adapter do anything for the low end?

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #101 of 111
Have quite a few more hours on my RE00 and starting to enjoy them a lot more now and played around with a bit of EQ.
Is anybody else adding any EQ?

I'm using Parametric EQ in UAPP to add about 3db at 80Hz and below. Additionally taking out 2db at 2KHz.
Parametric applies a curve/slope, so the bass increase is gradual with probably about 2db at 125Hz.Similar the 2k adjustment has smaller impacts on the frequencies either side of the 2K.

BTW using with my phone connected to Mojo by USB.

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #102 of 111
The RE-00 tends to sound it's best when fed from an excellent source. I have not used this a lot since I bought it because it did not impress me when I tried it with a some of the players like X7, M1 or the PAW5K. However, with LPG they sound like they can compete with TOTL iems.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #103 of 111
For me, these are some phenomenal IEM's... Personal opinion!

Compared to my older Mi-1's they're not quite there in most aspects but considering they were much more expensive and custom it's by the by.

Compared to B2's they're lacking in detail, speed and bass but the highs are less sibilant and less harsh, even with Comply tamed B2's. The B2's certainly make some genres fun that the RE-00 can't but if my B2's were still alive I think I'd be swapping constantly.

The RE-400... I've never been impressed with them despite good praise. The RE-00 beat these all ends up with the exception of bass amount and impact.

From what I remember from the RE-ZERO's the RE-00's are about 95% the same on sound and my memory of the RE-ZERO is that there was slightly more bass amount in there than the RE-00 but they were also more than twice the price too.

Compared to the Ath E70's the RE-00 is expectedly and resoundingly outclassed. More/better bass, mids are better, speed and detail are in different leagues. The RE-00, in my opinion, wins out marginally on female vocals (Sharon Den Adel stands out in my mind for this example). The female vocals stand out and shine, extending for longer with a subtler decay whereas the E70 seems to get near the top, run out of steam and drop off a little short.

For me, the biggest issue with the RE-00 is one that I find almost unforgivable. On certain tracks in unexpected areas I get a tingling rattle noise coming in over the music which makes me feel like the driver is struggling with something. They also need a good 20 or 30 hours minimum before they seem to open up. Other than that I love them and they'll sit as my backup to my E70's and relegated my RE-400's to my phone IEM's.

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #104 of 111
Hi, guys!

I'm currently on the fence of getting an RE-400 but someone I know is selling me his sealed RE-00.

I just wanna ask y'all which is do you, guys, think is better between these two? Strengths and weaknesses of each other over the other.

Plus, which has more forward mids, leaner bass, and better treble extension?

Thanks!

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #105 of 111
Hi, guys!

I'm currently on the fence of getting an RE-400 but someone I know is selling me his sealed RE-00.

I just wanna ask y'all which is do you, guys, think is better between these two? Strengths and weaknesses of each other over the other.

Plus, which has more forward mids, leaner bass, and better treble extension?

Thanks!

All your requests point to RE-00.:wink:

I did have the RE400 but preferred the RE0 and sold the RE400 since I'm a treblehead. But be warned that RE0/00 is a bit hard to drive and you'll most likely need an amp or some powerful sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back