MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression and Discussion
Oct 24, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #61 of 111
  Nice review, im tempting to buy them, however some of the comments about their dry sound and muddy mid kinda concern me..

however you did mention in your review Grado sr80e and how its sounds close to RE-00,  that part piqued my interest, as i really loved my sr80e.

normally i would just buy it without hesitation, however i just bought recently trinity Vyrus..i would like to know if you think RE-00 is an upgrade from the Vyrus, and would i like it if i prefer Grado sound signature?

once again..great review
beerchug.gif

i mentioned the Grado SR80e?  erm no i didnt, also the 00 isnt in any way muddy did i typo middy?

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #64 of 111
I got two when it first dropped and i have never regretted my decision. I really love the crispiness of the sound .

The treble on these far exceeds my CKR9s on well recorded tracks but i still place the CKR9s as I love the delicious rumble of the CKR9s.

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #65 of 111
I got two when it first dropped and i have never regretted my decision. I really love the crispiness of the sound .

The treble on these far exceeds my CKR9s on well recorded tracks but i still place the CKR9s as I love the delicious rumble of the CKR9s.

I'm very happy that I ordered 2 pcs from the last drop. I adore RE0's treble presentation and I guess they will be on par or very close. :)

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #66 of 111
I'm very happy that I ordered 2 pcs from the last drop. I adore RE0's treble presentation and I guess they will be on par or very close.
smily_headphones1.gif

I also ordered 2. Altough I have never heard it before I see a lot of praise for the original and looking at the FR graph it is up to my taste. Of course, the price is low enough for me  to buy it blindly.
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #67 of 111
Just recieved my pair from Massdrop. First impression wich is generally the good one ? Pretty good ! Well balanced, natural sounding with a little emphasis on the highs. Clearer than my RE-400's with tighter bass response, RE-400 are warmer/mellow. Depending on the recordings (only listening to acoustic music) these OO's are very well sorted out.
Well done HIFIMAN !

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #68 of 111
I picked up a pair during the first drop, and I have to admit I was very disappointed.  To me, they sounded tinny and weak with both pairs of tips that were included.  I immediately threw them in a drawer and forgot about them until last weekend when I saw them again.  I decided to order some Comply Foam T-400 Isolation tips and give them another shot since those tips made a significant difference on some of my other IEMs.  Wow, what an improvement!  They sound full and clear to me now.  Definitely worth the $35 + $15 I paid total.

If an improved selection of tips were supplied with these, I think the reviews in Massdrop's discussions would be a lot better overall.

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #69 of 111
  I picked up a pair during the first drop, and I have to admit I was very disappointed.  To me, they sounded tinny and weak with both pairs of tips that were included.  I immediately threw them in a drawer and forgot about them until last weekend when I saw them again.  I decided to order some Comply Foam T-400 Isolation tips and give them another shot since those tips made a significant difference on some of my other IEMs.  Wow, what an improvement!  They sound full and clear to me now.  Definitely worth the $35 + $15 I paid total.

If an improved selection of tips were supplied with these, I think the reviews in Massdrop's discussions would be a lot better overall.

I agree, The comply's calm them down. It's more composed. They calm the high peaks and preserve the bass response.

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #70 of 111

Exactly how I feel. With the comply tips they sound A LOT like my old Hd650. With the stock tips they sounded like the HD700 without the soundstage of the HD700

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #71 of 111
I mentioned this in the other thread. For those that want a bit more solidity or note shape in the bass, close one of the two vents on the back located on either side of the silver disk. Make sure you have 50 or more hours on these before you try it. Until run in, this will sound a bit upper bass-lower mid centric but things falls into place once break in has happened. I'd use a wide aperture tip like the spiral dots with this tweak.This also increases their rhythmic nature. It may also change them more than some will like or appreciate so YMMV and that's great.
beerchug.gif

Just don't judge it until you have enough hours on the IEM.

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #72 of 111
Well I got mine today and they sound great right out of the box. Very similar to RE0 which I also have. Time to burn them in for 100 hours and compare them. :thumbsup:

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #73 of 111
Well I got mine today and they sound great right out of the box. Very similar to RE0 which I also have. Time to burn them in for 100 hours and compare them. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to read your early review with detailed comparisons 
popcorn.gif

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #74 of 111
I still prefer my old RE-Zero, but my RE-00 probably need to have more time on them before I can say for sure. I should find my old iPod nano and just let them burn in for a few days.

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #75 of 111
If you put these ear buds in your ears, plug them into your source with no volume or signal even, do they creak while walking? Is this normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back