Massdrop x Focal Elex Review & Measurements
Dec 17, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #166 of 2,030
Common sense for someone heavily inspired by one of the buddhist traditions, maybe. Thanks to eastern schools of thought (mainly buddhism), asians tend to be more focused on experiencing things itself and are also more accepting of the status quo in general. While westerners, being heavily influenced by christianity and Plato, tend to look to the future of ideals and are less accepting of their own, present experiences in general.

By the way, do these Elex have larger soundstage compared to Elears? And what about the bass response of these compared to Elears? Elears had very nice bass response, one of the first things I feel in love with, when I heard them. And what about the Mojo? Is it a good match to those? What would be bigger benefit to these HPs? Adding better amp than Mojo or adding a better DAC?
Thanks

I guess I've long been inspired by "Eastern" thinking, though only to a point. "Western" thinking these days seems to be trying to solve the wrong problems with worse solutions and screwing everyone and everything up in the process, but let's not go there.

I should try that: Mojo vs. Mojo + amp. I like the Mojo by itself though with the Elex.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #167 of 2,030
I still don't have a clear idea (no pun intended) of how the Elex compared to the Clear. Most reviews are comparisons between either the Elex and the Elear, or the Elex and the Utopia.

Well, the Elex and Clear graphs are almost identical but people seem to comment on how much punchier the Elear/Elex driver is compared to the Clear's driver. Not sure what that's about. Also, the similarity in the response curve to the HD650's graph is noteworthy (to me anyways).

Dec 18, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #168 of 2,030
Well, the Elex and Clear graphs are almost identical but people seem to comment on how much punchier the Elear/Elex driver is compared to the Clear's driver. Not sure what that's about. Also, the similarity in the response curve to the HD650's graph is noteworthy (to me anyways).
It is worth noting that, technically speaking, the Elear, Elex and Clear all use the same driver.The difference is Between the Elear and the Elex is the pads and apparently dampening, while the Clear has an improved copper voice coil.

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #172 of 2,030
Drop is Live!

Not for Europe they aren't !! Can only select address US/Canada/Aus/Taiwan. I thought it would be just free delivery to those not actually only be available to those !

Pretty crap really.

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #173 of 2,030
carrey_dumb.jpg

I'm in!

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #176 of 2,030
Shipping April 30? That's quite a wait
It is. And it's my biggest complaint about Massdrop. I've skipped many drops because of their ridiculously long wait times. But the Elex is the first headphone from them that is worth the wait for me.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #178 of 2,030
Shipping April 30? That's quite a wait
Honestly it's sooner than I expected. I was afraid that it would be something like late August so I instantly hit buy when I saw it was just April.

But now I realized that April is still a long time from now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back