Maryland mini-meet impressions (12/10)
Dec 14, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #16 of 45
Hirsch.. are your mini-meets open to anyone?

I'm at UMBC for college, but I live in MoCo. I would LOVE to attend a minimeet, even though I don't have much to offer. The only things I would be able to bring is the Hornet, an upcoming DT880, e3cs and my H320..

I wanted to PM you but it seems your PMs are turned off =x.

Dec 14, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #17 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seijang
Hirsch.. are your mini-meets open to anyone?

I'm at UMBC for college, but I live in MoCo. I would LOVE to attend a minimeet, even though I don't have much to offer. The only things I would be able to bring is the Hornet, an upcoming DT880, e3cs and my H320..

I wanted to PM you but it seems your PMs are turned off =x.

Anyone in the DC area is welcome to listen to headphones at my place. Just drop me an e-mail, and we can set up some sort of mini-meet. Saturday afternoons are the usual time that works best for me. I've updated my signature with my email address, since the email links at Head-Fi have been suspended until forum issues are repaired.

Dec 14, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #19 of 45
Looks like a great time guys. I really like the spirit of experimentation, and indifference to component cost (low or high) when creating a synergistic sound. Way to go!

We are gonna have to organize a road trip from NY down to DC at some point.

Dec 14, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Otherwise a search crawler is gonna pick up your email and spam you repeatedly >_<.

I thought about that, but decided to leave the address intact. The account is a spare one, and it's easy to simply delete it and open another one with a different name if it gets overly spammed.

Dec 14, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
We are gonna have to organize a road trip from NY down to DC at some point.

Absolutely! That would be loads of fun.
lambda.gif

Dec 14, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #23 of 45
Quote:

Hirsch - just a word of advice, adjust your signature so that your email appears as:

name@REMOVEmindspring.com

Otherwise a search crawler is gonna pick up your email and spam you repeatedly >_<.

Can't you also just do a mailto hyperlink? Or is that not possible in sigs?

Dec 15, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #25 of 45
Man Hirsch,you are driving me mad.I still don't have my amp from Justin and no word on when I'll be getting it,but it should be very soon.I'm hunting for Fisher tubes as we speak.Gary.

Dec 15, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #26 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo
what are you waiting for?

My mommies okay............

The Lamda Pros are just raw upfront rip snoorting E-stats. Power over refinment. The Omegas are relaxing, soothing, transparent, balanced. The HE90 is sublime. The music defines it's character.
You gotta try the ED1 far field diffuser made for the Lamda Pros. Other than James, everyone that hears it.....loves it. James (Jahn) preffers it otherwise. So is life.

If you really want to hear that SRD7, fit it to a killer power amp, Jadis, etc. Yeah baby.

Glad to see you guys are not in hibernation.
Dan

Dec 15, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
Man Hirsch,you are driving me mad.I still don't have my amp from Justin and no word on when I'll be getting it,but it should be very soon.I'm hunting for Fisher tubes as we speak.Gary.

The Fisher tubes were smooth plate Telefunkens that had been rebranded for Fisher. It's a sweet sounding tube, but can be expensive to buy if you get it branded Telefunken. Not all of the Fisher-branded 12AX7's were made by Telefunken. I've got some Fisher 12AX7's that were made by Amperex, and others that were made by Sylvania.

Dec 15, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #29 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse
My mommies okay............

The Lamda Pros are just raw upfront rip snoorting E-stats. Power over refinment. The Omegas are relaxing, soothing, transparent, balanced. The HE90 is sublime. The music defines it's character.
You gotta try the ED1 far field diffuser made for the Lamda Pros. Other than James, everyone that hears it.....loves it. James (Jahn) preffers it otherwise. So is life.

If you really want to hear that SRD7, fit it to a killer power amp, Jadis, etc. Yeah baby.

Glad to see you guys are not in hibernation.
Dan

The Jury's still out, I'm not certain if I was listening to it with the ED-1 on or off - which way was it? Anyhow with the button not pushed, I liked it!
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 15, 2005 at 12:12 PM Post #30 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
The Jury's still out, I'm not certain if I was listening to it with the ED-1 on or off - which way was it? Anyhow with the button not pushed, I liked it!
evil_smiley.gif

Jahn,

The best line I heard all week! You had the damn thing for 2 weeks and you were not sure if it was on or off. Chill out...stay away from the phones for a few days. You need to go cold turkey.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back