Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Apr 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #5,011 of 6,783
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/MartinLogan-Mikros-90-Reference-On-Ear-Headphones-Black-/141257439205

anyone feeling lucky on easter?? make a bid

You make a bid.  You know you want another pair (admit it).

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #5,012 of 6,783
bz modding my dt770 using my Mikros recipe...sounds amayyyyzing. 
the drivers were revvverrbbberatinggg to the music of THE LAST SAMURAI.

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #5,014 of 6,783
Sorry, im a bit too lazy... But can someone please direct me to the mod post? Thanks
wink.gif

post #1804

try this, n modify to your taste

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #5,015 of 6,783
My pair came in earlier today. Initial listening and I am impressed how the detail of the headphones gives such a natural 3D effect. Transients like pick use with a guitar are phenomenal. The bass is very extended with wonderful texture. I am flummoxed that anyone would say they are too light in the bass department. Now to fully burn them in.

I sent a pair to a family member as a gift. I am seriously considering buying a back up pair. But I have my Onkyos and they sound mighty fine...

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #5,016 of 6,783
My pair came in earlier today. Initial listening and I am impressed how the detail of the headphones gives such a natural 3D effect. Transients like pick use with a guitar are phenomenal. The bass is very extended with wonderful texture. I am flummoxed that anyone would say they are too light in the bass department. Now to fully burn them in.

I sent a pair to a family member as a gift. I am seriously considering buying a back up pair. But I have my Onkyos and they sound mighty fine...

Congratulation...glad you like them.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #5,017 of 6,783
Give a comparison to the oinkyo when u r ready :)

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #5,018 of 6,783
After being away from the mikros for a week,
Having tested half a dozen cans n some iems...
Can't help appreciating how good this mikros is.
For less than 80 bucks?
:)

The hype train is under going servicing, enjoy the break:)

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #5,019 of 6,783
After a few weeks, I have hooked up the beta 22 amp again.
I think i like this amp better than the Lehmann BCL.  The beta sounds more "natural" tonally, and there is generally better "bloom" and musical "presence".
Surprisingly, I am now enjoying the Mikros 90 with the beta 22--break-in, maybe [who knows?
I listened to all of my up-and-running pairs with the beta last night: bhazard Stock, second Stock, MikrosHypedBass Mod and SPACEY Mod.  They all sounded great.  I still prefer the SPACEY Mod overall.
Almost bought the AKG K550 on a whim.  Not sure how they would pair with any of the available amps, though.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #5,020 of 6,783
cool neutrality aint all that fun huh...? u prefer natural musicality? 
i was auditioning the DT150, it has this cool dark neutrality that i tot has it's own seductiveness.
The BCL will click into it's place one day when u are in a sombre mood :p

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #5,021 of 6,783
  After a few weeks, I have hooked up the beta 22 amp again.
I think i like this amp better than the Lehmann BCL.  The beta sounds more "natural" tonally, and there is generally better "bloom" and musical "presence".
Surprisingly, I am now enjoying the Mikros 90 with the beta 22--break-in, maybe [who knows?
I listened to all of my up-and-running pairs with the beta last night: bhazard Stock, second Stock, MikrosHypedBass Mod and SPACEY Mod.  They all sounded great.  I still prefer the SPACEY Mod overall.
Almost bought the AKG K550 on a whim.  Not sure how they would pair with any of the available amps, though.

The K550s are really good.  They are similar to the Mikros, but the K550's sound stage is much bigger. 

Give them a try...

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #5,022 of 6,783
K550 has a peak somewhere in somewhere tat makes vocals a razor..:)
Classical is fine. (...on my setup then)

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #5,023 of 6,783
  cool neutrality aint all that fun huh...? u prefer natural musicality? 
i was auditioning the DT150, it has this cool dark neutrality that i tot has it's own seductiveness.
The BCL will click into it's place one day when u are in a sombre mood :p

I still prefer the hybrid Bada PH-12 [that Fitz fixed up for me], even to the beta 22.
Almost had a third go-around with the HD650 to mate with either the Lehmann or the beta [or the Bada--but I already know from past experience that the HD650 sound exceptional with the Bada].
The BCL works well as a preamp, I think. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #5,025 of 6,783
After being away from the mikros for a week,
Having tested half a dozen cans n some iems...
Can't help appreciating how good this mikros is.
For less than 80 bucks?
:)

The hype train is under going servicing, enjoy the break:)

That was a good public service announcement! And I concur. I spend time with my other headphones and iems, but I am always happy to come back home to the mikros - they never disappoint!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back