Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Apr 18, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #4,996 of 6,783
  what happened to pataburd..is he in deep recluse ( with his BCL ) during this goodfridayseason? 

He mentioned that he had started a new job that took him away from home from Monday to Friday...maybe he does not have access to a computer during that time (or he is too tired to post after work). 

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #4,997 of 6,783
I read this in some other forum. Not sure which just came up in a search about impressions of a certain earphone...

Quote:
Originally Posted in another forum

They could be good but things like experience don't mean that much in the audio world. Martin Logan has been building speakers for ages but their headphones are some of the worst in the world. Their speakers are also pretty bad too but that's more to do with the fact that every other electrostatic is better than theirs. HiFi companies are, by far, some of the least reputable in the world.

Discuss ?
tongue.gif
  Funny and pretty clueless all the way round.

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #4,998 of 6,783

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #4,999 of 6,783
Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted in another forum

They could be good but things like experience don't mean that much in the audio world. Martin Logan has been building speakers for ages but their headphones are some of the worst in the world. Their speakers are also pretty bad too but that's more to do with the fact that every other electrostatic is better than theirs. HiFi companies are, by far, some of the least reputable in the world.

Discuss ?
tongue.gif

^
1st of all experience IS everything for EVERYTHING in the world not just the audio world. Before these Logans 90s, i have no freaken idea who the Fff Logan Martin is, and i still don't tbh, nor care to look them up. haha

Secondly "headphones" as in they made more than one set of cans is incorrect since it seems these Logans will be the only one they will ever make from the looks of it, so no idea where that mofo is getting this facts from.

3rd hifi like most electronic companies if they have a brand name will milk their customers for all they can just as long as they can get away with it if people are willing to pay a stupid amount for them. Just look at A&K and the Abyss....

Dunno why Martin Logan is getting all the flak for these amazing sounding and inexpensive 90s from this clown that posted this, but haterz gonna hate, cuz mofos need to ...

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #5,000 of 6,783
i have sat in ML showroom quite a few times for hours on end, once upon a time...
their BIGGER speaker models are v impressive, airy..floaty..music note all around me when i walk infront of them :p
And when it comes to classical music, the phrooooom, the transient startstop..visceral.
If i dun need to vacuum these panels ( i was told to )...i would have carted back a set.

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #5,001 of 6,783
  i have sat in ML showroom quite a few times for hours on end, once upon a time...
their BIGGER speaker models are v impressive, airy..floaty..music note all around me when i walk infront of them :p
And when it comes to classical music, the phrooooom, the transient startstop..visceral.
If i dun need to vacuum these panels ( i was told to )...i would have carted back a set.

So, you're agreeing with me. The dude is 

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #5,002 of 6,783

I've had a pair of Electromotion ESL's for nearly 18 months and have never vacuumed them. They still sound amazing.

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #5,003 of 6,783
Home Fi  needs alot of tweaking/pairing/placing to get it "right" .....
i recently heard a pair of 20k speakers that sounded just awful,
wrongly placed, too small a room, not secured to the floor firmly...
played off an ipad..??? for a demo...faintzz.

so that guy might be "justified" by what he heard. 

It is cheaper to play with headfones. :p
Digging those holes...corkchops...bandaids 

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #5,004 of 6,783
I've had a pair of Electromotion ESL's for nearly 18 months and have never vacuumed them. They still sound amazing.

maybe my area is more humid...plus industrial dust...plus heat. a slow bake...the night condensation..then encrustation...then dustmites....then comes the bill for a panelchange....lol

Apr 19, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #5,008 of 6,783
Just wanted to say thanks to lorspeaker for the mods tutorial bit. I did something to that effect recently and I've noticed quite a bit more boom for my proverbial buck. When I get done messing with my set I suppose I should redo my review though I'm not sure if it would be fair at this point.  

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #5,009 of 6,783
Anything honest from yur good ear is fair bro :)

Apr 20, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #5,010 of 6,783
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MartinLogan-Mikros-90-Reference-On-Ear-Headphones-Black-/141257439205

anyone feeling lucky on easter?? make a bid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back