Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 10, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #3,526 of 6,783
This Mikros is challenging indeed...
think i opened it up at least 15times, i realised i werent as smart/lucky as i hoped..hehe.

my unscientific attempts :
3bluetac on wall + felt at center
fullybluetac on wall +felt at center
fullybluetac on wall + blurtac on base
fullybluetac on wall  + bluetac on base + leather over bluetac on base
fullybluetac on wall + leather on base + bluetac on base removed
bluetac + leather + felt on leather
bluetac + leather + felt at lower cup
bluetac + leather + felt doublestacked at lowercup
bluetac + leather removed + felt at lowercup
bluetac + leather + felt at lower + upper cup
bluetac + leather + felt at lower + add felt next to first felt
bluetac + leather + felt lengthened + sidefelt removed
bluetac + leather + felt lengthened + framehole sealed
bluetac + leather + felt lengthened + framehole sealed + thinfoambelowdriver. ( LorsMikros )

plus a few reversals just to hear the difference from prior mods...

I think i put in enough variations to satisfy my own ears..to my taste...
this is a fantastic journey...
i recommend those with some time n patience to give this a go..
i share this mod, hoping to save u some pains..
u dun need to follow mine, its just one of a thousand ways to "THE SOUND"

u might come up with a superb improvedsounding Mikros..and take it to the next level..?!
(after some hearbreaks..n abandonment, but do TRY AGAIN !! )

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #3,527 of 6,783
  I do feel wrong doing it... but honestly, what am I gonna do lol. I will say to others that you definitely need to be sure about this mod before you do it as there is pretty much no turning back.

What are you going to do?  Man up and take the $70 hit.   You could try to fix the issue, but its much easier to make it someone else's problem. 

The store will probably sell them as b-stock and the poor buyer (maybe a Headfier) who ends up buying them will get a damaged item.  He will probably return them and believe that Martin Logan makes crappy products.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #3,528 of 6,783

What are you going to do?  Man up and take the $70 hit.   You could try to fix the issue, but its much easier to make it someone else's problem. 

The store will probably sell them as b-stock and the poor buyer (maybe a Headfier) who ends up buying them will get a damaged item.  He will probably return them and believe that Martin Logan makes crappy products.

The thing is, that "damaged item" is exactly what it is--damaged. The imbalance is what makes it sound damaged, not the modified "sound" at all. If this "mod" didn't turn out how everyone else's did, then how exactly could it NOT be defective?

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #3,529 of 6,783

The thing is, that "damaged item" is exactly what it is--damaged. The imbalance is what makes it sound damaged, not the modified "sound" at all. If this "mod" didn't turn out how everyone else's did, then how exactly could it NOT be defective?

^ ehhh but that's not the point here. No matter how they sounded initially, once you opened it and messed with it the seller/ manufacturer are no longer liable for anything.

Best for you to sell them off on the forums here tbh, cuz returning it back to the seller once you modded their inners is pretty shady.

But hey like what have been said numerous tymes, do whatcha' gotta do meng.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #3,530 of 6,783

^ ehhh but that's not the point here. No matter how they sounded initially, once you opened it and messed with it the seller/ manufacturer are no longer liable for anything.

Best for you to sell them off on the forums here tbh, cuz returning it back to the seller once you modded their inners is pretty shady.

But hey like what have been said numerous tymes, do whatcha' gotta do meng.

I feel you meng lol. Will do what I gotta do. Will stay subbed tho, curious to see what you guys end up doing. I do have some gripes against Newegg anyways lol.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #3,531 of 6,783
u bought a stock can, the stocksound didnt raise any strong alarm with u then,
else u would have...n done something about it..like talking about it n returning it.

u took the pleasure/risk of opening it... 
like changing the engine of a car :p

u mod it the way u decided,
todate no one is quite clear what u did.. 
u only shared your remarks here n there..
how could it "turn out how everyone else did" ...?

anyway, i havent seen anyone following anyone todate..:p
everyone is responsible for his own action..n pain.

this mikros is a PAIN. sweetsweetPAIN :p

chops to u man...best post today.. !!! 
i

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #3,532 of 6,783
  u bought a stock can, the stocksound didnt raise any strong alarm with u then,
else u would have...n done something about it..like talking about it n returning it.

u took the pleasure/risk of opening it... 
like changing the engine of a car :p

u mod it the way u decided,
todate no one is quite clear what u did.. 
u only shared your remarks here n there..
how could it "turn out how everyone else did" ...?

anyway, i havent seen anyone following anyone todate..:p
everyone is responsible for his own action..n pain.

this mikros is a PAIN. sweetsweetPAIN :p

chops to u man...best post today.. !!! 
i

All I did was remove the stickers lol
I tried other things that I then took out as it never worked with that massive amount of bass imbalance.

I'm talking about the extreme imbalance issues in the bass after modding

Anyways, what's done is done. I'm not going to say any more when it really doesn't matter what I say or others say.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #3,533 of 6,783

^ That doesn't make my points any less relevant.................

Do whatcha' gotta do meng. Good luck.

-_- ^ I see what you mean now lol. Still, my point was also made :p

So you both were herping and then derping...

Smooth.....

In retrospect though...  
I was herping and derping when I wasn't specific about my qualms with the mikros 90, so there's that!  
iEL1EwWlI0sfn.gif

EDIT: everyone here is defending claims, when basically it's all a misunderstanding. Please take the time to edit your messages before you finalize your post please, these posts have been nothing but the channel imbalance (or more accurately, bass imbalance). I am also guilty of this.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #3,534 of 6,783

I feel you meng lol. Will do what I gotta do. Will stay subbed tho, curious to see what you guys end up doing. I do have some gripes against Newegg anyways lol.

LOL?  Nothin' funny about this.  Kinda sucks that you can't admit that you made a mistake, and are now returning some phones to a reputable seller that were not defective until you messed with them.  You had a choice, you made it.  Live with it.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #3,535 of 6,783
  LOL?  Nothin' funny about this.  Kinda sucks that you can't admit that you made a mistake, and are now returning some phones to a reputable seller that were not defective until you messed with them.  You had a choice, you made it.  Live with it.

I'm not ****ting you though... they DID have an imbalance before it, it just wasn't nearly pronounced enough. Reputable? Debatable.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #3,536 of 6,783
ok seriously, enough.

This thread was hilarious and pretty healthy in friendship.

Fight amongst yourselves in pms please.

Lorspeaker, amaze us with more mods if you will please! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #3,537 of 6,783
  ok seriously enough.

^ I'm tired of it already TOO...

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #3,538 of 6,783
  ok seriously enough.

Screw you vlenbo!

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back