Martin Customs Thread
Nov 8, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #62 of 246
You won't regret it mate. Marty did a FWJ job on a set of RS2's for me and I don't think I could be any happier :wink:

Quote:
Well, gents, after hours and hours (and hours and hours and hours...) of research into my next set of cans, I came to the realization that I absolutely adore my MS1is, so off to Marty by way of UPS they went today.  I am excited as hell, yet still oddly nervous that I made a bad decision, contrary to all the evidence I've seen here.

It's going to feel like a looooong wait for them, especially as my Aune MKII SE amp/DAC came today, and my C421 should ship soon.  HTF600s, while fun, just don't quite cut it.  :wink:

(Seeing those wide-mouths was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back in my "should I...?" quandary.)

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #63 of 246
Quote:
You won't regret it mate. Marty did a FWJ job on a set of RS2's for me and I don't think I could be any happier :wink:

Pics please
L3000.gif

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #64 of 246

Quote:
Well, gents, after hours and hours (and hours and hours and hours...) of research into my next set of cans, I came to the realization that I absolutely adore my MS1is, so off to Marty by way of UPS they went today.  I am excited as hell, yet still oddly nervous that I made a bad decision, contrary to all the evidence I've seen here.

It's going to feel like a looooong wait for them, especially as my Aune MKII SE amp/DAC came today, and my C421 should ship soon.  HTF600s, while fun, just don't quite cut it.  :wink:

(Seeing those wide-mouths was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back in my "should I...?" quandary.)

I literally just toss wrap mine in newspaper and just throw them in there with binder paper balls.

This might be why I'm in the cable business and not the headphone business haha....

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #66 of 246
Nov 8, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #67 of 246
I actually bought the RS2 second hand from here without listening to them and had them sent straight to Marty. A bit of a risk I guess but I'd heard a lower Grado and liked the sound. Marty kept the original kit but admittedly I never asked for it back. It probably would have meant a second box and more postage and personally I don't mind either way. 

Having moved from my old AD700s to these though I can say it is a massive jump. Ridiculously happy with the sound, particularly as a listen to a lot of prog rock and metal, and the job that Marty has done aesthetically is stunning. 

I've just had my brother take a few pics so when he sends them to me I'll get some up for you :)
Quote:
Thanks mate! Very very nice looking. Any comments on the sound compared to yours original RS2? And did Marty keep or return the left over parts like the original rod blocks and wood cups to you?

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #68 of 246
The work he does is so gorgeous..Truely art. Makes me want to buy a pair of grados just for this. I may do so after i get my denon 2000s. Whats your guys' favorite wood? Coco for me, maybe coco and black and white ebony are in the future for me. 

Nov 8, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #70 of 246
Got mine this morning!!
They are stunning!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69278404@N07/sets/72157627898763319/

Marty, thanks a ton. 

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #71 of 246
OH MAN.

What a classy package! Screw the box that Audeze gives you, the man types you out a letter with his own signature! Now that is dope.

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #74 of 246
Thanks.
Martin is a great guy to deal with, as well.
The end result simply reflects his passion and the enjoyment he derives from his work.

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #75 of 246
Hee-Hee.  Sending my 325is off today for the coco loco cups.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back